Article: a free Windows-based software studio

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:29 am On the other hand, i can well understand that someone suggests to look a bit further than free.
Yeah, if he wasnt just doing it for the affiliate code revenue.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Oh... :) Didn't realize that.

When you can afford to buy stuff, it's sometimes hard to comprehend that there are people who don't have that luxury. And before anyone comes up with 'when you have enough money to buy a computer then.....' they should realize that many programs exist to get poor kids a computer for schooling but those families still have to scrape to get food on the table.

Luckily these days we do have free options for those kids that want to (learn to) make music BECAUSE now we can make music with software which has no production and delivery cost to speak of and is, in some cases, developed by devs who want to help people have pretty great stuff to start with even if you couldn't 'afford' it financially.

My 2c.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Everyone can afford a 24 € synth at some point. Or a monthly issue of Computer Music mag for 3,99 €. I've been fiddling with free- and magware for years, before i bought my first payware. It felt like a huge waste of time after that, when i really found some stuff i was liking, to have messed so long with freeware. I won't lie though, it was also very hard to figure out what is good payware as well...

VERY TRUE!
a lot of manufacturers, plugins, you should try first a lot of plugs, to get a taste.
..recently bought Sonivox drum synth as low as $3 at reverb.com, install folder contain more than 10 000 wav samples, HQ, $3 even closer to free... alot of synth $10..20 on sale
NEURON VS (neuronsynth.com) become free in 2015 for Mac only. ..why?
LINPLUG. . . ... but no free?
Last edited by MixFix on Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

whyterabbyt wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:24 am
MixFix wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:50 am spam
Because $70 is $70 more than free. And if, unlike you, they havent been trying to dishonestly make money by punting off their Melda referral code on the sly, they might not have $70 to spare.

Hey, only 7 out of his 17 total posts involve spamming the referral code . Give the guy a break. Besides, it can't possibly be his code, because he explicitly mentioned using it himself:
really "Recreate" button missed in Msoundfactory, and it is why i've bought it with great discount using spam coupon at meldaproduction.com

but thanks to this forum i got huge discounts! first time thought Ardour - nearly free DAW, but now my choice - discounted plugin bundles, with cost just a few bucks per stuff

cause paid DAW includes a lot of instruments, fx, paid software goes trough verification and validation assure that a software system meets a user's needs, certified and signed by issuer ...

MixFix wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:50 am why you are looking for free if you can buy FL studio as low as $69 ( using coupon BIRTHDAY -30%, ensure you entered correct birthday date - account settings at image-line.com), plugins on sales , like right now until august 4 , -70% meldaproduction.com (50% sale +20% coupon MELDA6937816
It is not only what "crimsonwarlock" said. It is also a philosophy - the philosophy
of the "Free Culture Movement".
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

chk071 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:20 pm Everyone can afford a 24 € synth at some point.
I get what you're saying but it's not for everyone worldwide. That's about a month's wages for many unskilled and semi-skilled workers in countries like Bangladesh and Sierra Leone.

but to run DAW you still need to spend much more than $69 for modern PC first... or we talking about smartphone DAW? i know paid one - $5 (when on sale, with coupon) - FL STUDIO MOBILE
btw summer - time of music equipment sales like black Friday and Christmas, or you can register and wait for the sale notification email.
For countries like Bangladesh and Sierra Leone and for ppl with low income good sellers offer spatial discount.

resynthesis wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:09 am
chk071 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:20 pm Everyone can afford a 24 € synth at some point.
I get what you're saying but it's not for everyone worldwide. That's about a month's wages for many unskilled and semi-skilled workers in countries like Bangladesh and Sierra Leone.
Pretty pointless, isn't it? How would they be able to afford a computer then? Especially one which can run nowadays plugins, inclusion freeware. Or a MIDI keyboard. Or some proper monitors. Etc. Etc.

This is exactly what I was pointing at: You may think that, but it simply isn't true.
resynthesis wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:09 am I get what you're saying but it's not for everyone worldwide. That's about a month's wages for many unskilled and semi-skilled workers in countries like Bangladesh and Sierra Leone.
Exactly.
MixFix wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:37 am but to run DAW you still need to spend much more than $69 for modern PC first...
chk071 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:07 am Pretty pointless, isn't it? How would they be able to afford a computer then?
You both obviously didn't read my post very well, where I said:
crimsonwarlock wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:13 pm And before anyone comes up with 'when you have enough money to buy a computer then.....' they should realize that many programs exist to get poor kids a computer for schooling but those families still have to scrape to get food on the table.
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

Maybe already said millions of times, but: Cakewalk by Bandlab.

Since it started a while it has been known for being a really buggy (unstable) DAW, but it seems the devs didn't abandon the project and recently released an update with tons of bug fixes.

There is any free non-buggy software?

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”