VST Samplers

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

kvotchin wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:20 am Yeah, running Reaper (which is fine so far, good in fact, but not exactly known for its outstanding native plugs), and have tried the free TX (figured I might as well), plus some other freeware.

I suspect one of these expensive ‘all in one’ offerings will be the thing.
Look into trying to get Kontakt on sale maybe. $400 is a bit hard to justify, but you're getting basically the industry standard, so if you can nab it somehow, you're set.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

zenophilix wrote:If I'm choosing between Serum and Kontakt for sampled instruments, ehm, it's going to be Kontakt everytime. As far as I know, Serum can't do multilayered, can't do more than one sample. Really, Serum is.. well, a synth. :hihi:
Yes I agree with you. My comment was directed at this, specifically the bold:
kvotchin wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:29 pm I already have Serum, but it really doesn't do this thing at all, as far as I'm aware.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:19 am
zenophilix wrote:If I'm choosing between Serum and Kontakt for sampled instruments, ehm, it's going to be Kontakt everytime. As far as I know, Serum can't do multilayered, can't do more than one sample. Really, Serum is.. well, a synth. :hihi:
Yes I agree with you. My comment was directed at this, specifically the bold:
kvotchin wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:29 pm I already have Serum, but it really doesn't do this thing at all, as far as I'm aware.
No I get that, just thought it was a little odd to say that there's not much it can't do. Synthesis-wise, yeah, but otherwise.. :P

zenophilix wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:30 amNo I get that, just thought it was a little odd to say that there's not much it can't do. Synthesis-wise, yeah, but otherwise.. :P
I was obviously embellishing a little :wink:

i am very very fond of TAL Sampler

TAL Sampler is a great instrument. I use that and Abeltons Simpler and Sampler which are both excellent.

s28 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:05 am TAL Sampler is a great instrument. I use that and Abeltons Simpler and Sampler which are both excellent.
Simpler/sampler are solid as hell. +1

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I usually grab Falcon first and then Kontakt. I'm getting into Halion and really like it so far.

HALion 6 and Falcon are my recommendations. My two favorite sampler/synth VST instruments by a wide margin.

Tal Sampler is the best VST sampler for me.

I really like Bliss by DiscoDSP BUT it will take about an hour to get a hang of things.

I prefer Bliss to TAL Sampler just due to Blisses workflow. It fast but also very advance. My favorite is the macros.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

s28 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:05 am TAL Sampler is a great instrument. I use that and Abeltons Simpler and Sampler which are both excellent.
Simpler and sampler are the best, talking about standard plugins in a DAW.

Just as a quick addendum to my earlier post in this thread, i'll +1 for Renoise Redux. It's the closest i can find to the options i have in Live's Simpler/Sampler combo, and has really great FX and routing options as well. It takes a day or two to grok, but is nowhere near as obtuse as TX16Wx and then everything falls into place. A great, complete sampling solution that can be used for drums (including velocity and sample layering), slicing and sample looping (with different loop modes). i also find the sound it has a little more pleasing and less clinical than Live's samplers, but that could totally just be snake oil. The only thing it's missing is a drum pad page and Live's Warp Modes, which can do amazing things inside of Simpler.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”