LiveSlice 1.48 beta thread

Official support for: livelab.dk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Woo Hoo

PS Anyone tried dragging loops in from Windows Explorer or your host's browser?
:)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Woo Hoo

The new DnD feature is amazing :D
Waiting for audio export with DnD :wink:

Nice update Ohmster :cool:

Works from Win explorer but no luck within XT's browser.

ohm wrote:anybody else want to crash their host using the export feature please?
So far no crashes. Using XT2 latest beta.

What do you guys think of the idea of having the ability to DnD from the LS browser to a cell? Especially with the new feature coming up for individual drum hits. If one DnDs multiple samples to a cell, it automatically sets each sample to it's own arrangement track.
I'm better than you. Deal with it.

Former Pharaoh wrote:Nice update Ohmster :cool:

For some reason, Energy XT (1 & 2) uses an internal drag'n'drop system for files - try dragging from xt browser to windows explorer - nothing happens. Same with Ableton Live - very disapointing. What host are you using Darkstar?
ohm wrote:anybody else want to crash their host using the export feature please?
So far no crashes. Using XT2 latest beta.

What do you guys think of the idea of having the ability to DnD from the LS browser to a cell? Especially with the new feature coming up for individual drum hits. If one DnDs multiple samples to a cell, it automatically sets each sample to it's own arrangement track.
I like that idea, thought of it myself, but then a little voice behind my right ear wispered "finish what you've got"... In the future I envision drag'n'drop implemented wherever it makes some kind of sense.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

ohm wrote:For some reason, Energy XT (1 & 2) uses an internal drag'n'drop system for files - try dragging from xt browser to windows explorer - nothing happens. Same with Ableton Live - very disapointing. What host are you using Darkstar?
That was from Reaper's Media Explorer :)

beta 3 ?
Inspired by ...

ohm wrote:
Former Pharaoh wrote:Nice update Ohmster :cool:

For some reason, Energy XT (1 & 2) uses an internal drag'n'drop system for files - try dragging from xt browser to windows explorer - nothing happens. Same with Ableton Live - very disapointing. What host are you using Darkstar?
Beat me to it ohm.

I've being developing some standalone apps for use with XT windows and they are very different from ordinary OS windows.(btw I made the lost window fix for Reaper and XT ;)).

One problem with drag and drop to an app window/browser is getting a child window of another process ID to function like a parent.

If the problem is DnD from an app. The source window (app) would have to duplicate the way the OS handles object DnD (which may or may not be supported by the language or library).

In most cases though, it really comes down to program language support for this action.

I also suspect the same will happen in many other hosts with child windowing or non standard GUI implementation as well.
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote:...lots and lots of techical stuff on DnD .. :-)
on windows you don't need a window handle or anything to start a native DnD operation - I can send you the code I use if you are curious. On osx it's more complicated, because you need a handle to the actual mouse event used to start the drag, as well as a handle to the view - and it doesn't exactly get any easier with osx using no less than three different frameworks for windowing and clipboard functionality - I'm kinda stuck there ATM with drag'n'drop in the osx version, and considering using an internal DnD system instead - at least to initiate DnD operations from the browser.
I don't mind continuing the discussion, but let's use PM's since it's not exactly beta test related :-)

Cool ohm! Sounds like a plan..
stay juicy!

ohm wrote: In the future I envision drag'n'drop implemented wherever it makes some kind of sense.
:tu:
I'm better than you. Deal with it.

beta 3 is ready

-mousewheel is back
-right click works on all controls
-keyboard navigation has been fixed
-loading a new loop, overwriting an already playing loop no longer stutters (nice effect, but still...)
-Browser and loops list keyboard shortcuts improved

[Home] sets cursor to the top item in view.
[End] sets cursor to the bottom item in view.
[Up] selects the previous item.
[Down] selects the next item.
[Delete] deletes a loop (from the list of loaded loops)
[+] loads the selected loop and selects the next loop.
[-] loads the selected loop and selects the previous loop.
[Page Up] scrolls the view up by 10 items.
[Page Down] scrolls the view down by 10 items.
[Enter] loads the currently selected loop and moves automatically to the next empty slot
[Tab] switches focus to the Loops section (or back again)

(edited keyboard shortcut descriptions)

ohm wrote:beta 3 is ready
So far so good. I'm loving the export functionality added in this version because it makes perfect sense exporting a complete track and seperate pieces - the autonaming makes this apparent. I did however notice a problem when exporting slices I got distorted audio.

The keyboard short cuts seem to work - haven't had a crash yet (fingers crossed).

Bravo Ohm!
1-0ne

-{n8}- wrote:I did however notice a problem when exporting slices I got distorted audio.
thanks - nice catch!
I forgot to normalize the exported audio (and since I'm using 32bit internally audio could easily clip).

beta 3 is looking good :)

The new Browser and loops shortcuts make it quick to preview and load several loops. And export means i can build and try out my grroves then bounce them out for reloading, in other projects too.
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:The new Browser and loops shortcuts make it quick to preview and load several loops.
I agree DarkStar! The space in the browser adds alot of feedback when needed and the short cuts make loading loops a no brainer. I don't know if it is just me but draging and dropping samples seems to load samples quicker than pressing the "+" key. Either way getting this kind of ease of use makes me want to brave my stack of AKAI and EMU format disks to fish for loops and hits.

1-0ne

1.48 beta 4
improved scrolling in the browser / loops list - now both lists always scroll by page
fixed clipping on export
added the arrangement label as a default base-filename in the export dialog
fixed exported midi note off events (fixed duration problems)
fixed some issues with default values (when right clicking controls)
fixed aiff import
fixed tempo and meter calculations when dragging multiple loops to the slicer - now uses meter info from the first file, and calculates the correct tempo / number of bars
fixed a bug where one loop would be deleted when moving focus from the file browser to the loops list using the TAB key
the selection in the filebrowser / list of open loops is dimmed when it does not have the keyboard focus.
changed the wording in the export menu - "slices" is now "audio" since both tracks and slices are exported

Return to “Livelab.dk”