LiveSlice 1.48 beta thread

Official support for: livelab.dk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As I recall, ohm stated that he won't include any internal fx in liveslice, because there are may quality vst ones that you can control with midi cc envelopes that are part of liveslice's internal sequencer.

kminardi wrote:Actually I just was using LS 1.48 beta1 the other day and noticed it shows up in the "blacklist"of Cubase Studio 4. It seems to function fine but now when I quit CS4 it crashes.Really do not know if there is a link though. FYI.Cheers!
What version of cubase studio 4 exactly? I just tried it on a friends version 4.1.1 and it works fine, no crashes.
Edit: could be a corrupted liveslice.ini file? it happens rarely if the host crashes while liveslice is writing the .ini file. The solution is to remove the liveslice.ini file from your vst plugin folder.
Let me know if it helps.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

Jacob
False alarm. It was a rex shared library dll that somehow got into the liveslice folder that was being blacklisted. I am using C4 Studio 4.1.3. LS 1.48 beta 1. Still a great app. Cheers!

Ohm, I'm wondering if MIDI On/Off messages for each slice (in the arranger) will ever be implemented? That way LS could trigger a VSTi :D?

Any plans for this?
stay juicy!

any news on V1.48?

AKJ wrote:any news on V1.48?

Let's how santa drops 1.48 with midi export for crimbo............... :party:

FR: Output routing per arrangement (or even per track)
As of now you can only assign separate outputs to the slices themselves, but it would be very useful under some circumstances to be able to assign separate outputs per arrangement, or even per track, overriding the per-slice outputs. It could be implemented as an option in the settings page.
The mind boggles.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Don't know if this is the right thread for this...
...but in any case, I purchase liveslice a week or two ago through livelabs.dk and immediately saw it was windows only. This was an inconvenience (due to my own lack of research) being that my windows machine is on the fritz so I only have my osx macbook pro. I intended on installing this on my pc after I got it running however I still have not gotten any serial or any response to the following email inquiring the status of an osx version.

hello
I actually just saw that this is a windows only software...I only have my macbook pro. What, if any are my options? In a quick internet search I found a few articles saying you were close to releasing an osx version of liveslice. I've heard great things about this software and really hope I didn't just waste $70. Sorry for my lack of research prior to buying and thank you in advance for any help you may offer.
-Phillip

Thanks again,
-Mrcvxxi

mrcvxxi@yahoo.com (mailto:mrcvxxi@yahoo.com)

so my emails and posts appear to be invisible, initially I thought I missed something due to the fact that I seem to be the only one with lack of support.
I paid, waited, emailed, read & posted on this message board, still, nothing. My only other option is to submit a paypal dispute which I would rather not do however the dispute window is closing at which point I'll have zero options.
...please advise.
-phllip

mrcvxxi wrote:so my emails and posts appear to be invisible, initially I thought I missed something due to the fact that I seem to be the only one with lack of support.
I paid, waited, emailed, read & posted on this message board, still, nothing. My only other option is to submit a paypal dispute which I would rather not do however the dispute window is closing at which point I'll have zero options.
...please advise.
I just issued a refund - sorry about the delay. Just to clarify: you sent one email (that I forgot about) and then you posted in the liveslice beta thread, that I didn't read because I'm working on Tablet2Midi, and the Mac version of LiveSlice at the moment. You could have just sent me a second reminder in my inbox and it would have been sorted much quicker.

ohm wrote:...I'm working on ... the Mac version of LiveSlice at the moment....
ohm you rock maun!
stay juicy!

ohm wrote:
mrcvxxi wrote:so my emails and posts appear to be invisible, initially I thought I missed something due to the fact that I seem to be the only one with lack of support.
...please advise.
I just issued a refund - sorry about the delay. Just to clarify: you sent one email (that I forgot about) and then you posted in the liveslice beta thread, that I didn't read because I'm working on Tablet2Midi, and the Mac version of LiveSlice at the moment. You could have just sent me a second reminder in my inbox and it would have been sorted much quicker.
Thanks for promptly refunding.
...and not to be a wise-ass but to co clarify your clarification, If I didn't receive registration and/or confirmation after buying and emailing the first time wouldn't it seem more efficient to pursue other solutions? (which coincidentally, got the results) I do apologize for not emailing a second time but in my defense I would have before filing a paypal dispute. Not to mention sending the software would have still resolved the problem.
In any case I'm glad to hear you're still toiling with development of a mac version, I'm pretty sure it will more than double your customer base. Good luck and thank you for taking your time to help.
-mrcvxxi
-phllip

ohm wrote:I'm working on ... the Mac version of LiveSlice at the moment.
Yes. Yes!!

Okay, I am starting to emerge from my winter doledrums now.

Thanks, Ohm.

Mac version of LiveSlice is progressing

- discussion of the osx version in this thread please (there's a nice screenshot too) -

I'm working on the windows beta too - I have moved to an updated GUI framework so some things are a bit speedier now - I have a midi export feature ready too - it works by dragging an arrangement thumbnail onto the host sequencer - in the host it acts just like when you drop a midi file onto the sequencer (this is the only option as there's no way to put midi data on the windows clipboard). Stay tuned for updates - I'll post here when beta 2 is out.

ohm wrote: I have a midi export feature ready too - it works by dragging an arrangement thumbnail onto the host sequencer - in the host it acts just like when you drop a midi file onto the sequencer (this is the only option as there's no way to put midi data on the windows clipboard). Stay tuned for updates - I'll post here when beta 2 is out.
Any chance there is going to be a wav export feature (I'm aware of the acid export which is not the same)? I don't know anything other than Recycle that chops as quickly as LS. It would help in he work flow too cause you'd be able to cut individual slices from larger files and then import the shorter cuts back into LS. Although you could always drag the shorter cut from the larger file, using shorter samples seems to improve CPU performance. I know you already have a lot on your plate ohm with the mac port but if you could make it happen.. well that would be just dandy!

1-0ne

Return to “Livelab.dk”