Tablet 2 MIDI - Bugs thread

Official support for: livelab.dk
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the update ohm.

I'm not getting the weird snake trails I was getting before, but still getting some rectangular refresh blobs when moving quickly with controller transparency on & off.

BTW transparency mode is a great! It would be cool to work with VST's in this way somehow.

The VST version still crashes eXT though every time I close the Tablet 2 MIDI window. (same error as quoted in my earlier post) I can't wait to get this fixed. Anyone having similar crashes?

Thanks

* GUI performance improvements - at least twice as fast
* Ability to disable controller transparency (to cut CPU / fix performance issues with some graphics cards)
Excellent !
There is no more trails/freezes whith overlapping objects and the CPU that was in this case near to 100 % is now about 3 % !!!
Thanks !
The VST version still crashes eXT though every time I close the Tablet 2 MIDI window. (same error as quoted in my earlier post) I can't wait to get this fixed. Anyone having similar crashes?
No crash for me, runs perfectly...

hi..
printed layout is still larger then the actual screen layout...
exceed the tablet active area

lalo

i am about to go f**king insane here - my aiptek 1200 keeps losing focus. sometimes it reacts to the space bar, then it doesn't, sometimes it stays in focus, sometimes it doesn't... i'll restart my computer - maybe it'll work again, then. :?

also - running the vst version in ext if you close the t2m window using the 'x' instead of '_' to minimize, ext freezes and t2m crashes. :shrug:

fabi wrote:i am about to go f**king insane here - my aiptek 1200 keeps losing focus. sometimes it reacts to the space bar, then it doesn't, sometimes it stays in focus, sometimes it doesn't... i'll restart my computer - maybe it'll work again, then. :?

also - running the vst version in ext if you close the t2m window using the 'x' instead of '_' to minimize, ext freezes and t2m crashes. :shrug:
please try installing this driver instead - it's made by Trust, but the model is identical to the aiptek one.

If that doesn't help, you might have some very insisting application that keeps trying to steal the focus - please send me the Tablet 2 Midi log file generated in the directory where you put the .exe, and try to disable any other tablet applications.
http://www.livelab.dk - slice up your life

thanks for suggesting the driver, but things remain as they are - really weird, as it worked okay yesterday.

the log file only ever says:
Log path C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Ajian Siouxp\Desktop\Plug-Ins\Vstplugins\FX\Tablet2Midi
Tablet Capabilities:
x axis
y axis
pen pressure

Tablet driver initialized
:shrug: :?

lung wrote: The VST version still crashes eXT though every time I close the Tablet 2 MIDI window. (same error as quoted in my earlier post) I can't wait to get this fixed. Anyone having similar crashes? Thanks
I know you're working on other projects, but have you had any success trouble-shooting this ohm? If you need any help figuring out what the problem is, please let me know. It would be nice to be able to use the VST version. One appreciative customer =]
Cheers

lung wrote:
lung wrote: The VST version still crashes eXT though every time I close the Tablet 2 MIDI window. (same error as quoted in my earlier post) I can't wait to get this fixed. Anyone having similar crashes? Thanks
I know you're working on other projects, but have you had any success trouble-shooting this ohm? If you need any help figuring out what the problem is, please let me know. It would be nice to be able to use the VST version. One appreciative customer =]
Cheers
for now you should be able to avoid this by hitting the minimize button, instead of the close button... at least that's what works here.

still no luck - windows keeps stealing focus of the tablet - if i take the pen off the tablet and wait for a bit, for a short while tab2midi has the focus again, but only till i lift it off again, then it's back to mouse-mode.
then, if i wait again with the pen off the tablet and then draw real quick, tab2midi has the focus again.

i really don't know why this is happening - i've restarted several times now, uninstalled the driver, reinstalled it - still no luck.
also the log file is always 0 bytes big when tab2midi is open. when i close tab2midi, the log file is 1 byte big and says the things quoted above, no more.

sorry for bothering you with this. hope you are getting a good night's sleep, jacob. ;)

okay, now after getting up this morning and having tried alternatives of having it connected via usb hub or directly, it seems as if it might be working more reliably. i don't know if that has anything to do with it, but at least right now it doesn't seem to be losing focus as much anymore.

fabi wrote:okay, now after getting up this morning and having tried alternatives of having it connected via usb hub or directly, it seems as if it might be working more reliably. i don't know if that has anything to do with it, but at least right now it doesn't seem to be losing focus as much anymore.
could it be a power supply issue or other usb devices interfering? I had to connect a power supply to my usb hub to make my tablet work - it's called medion, but it's the same as yours.

Also: are you sure you are not running some "draw doodles in office" application or something? those could interfere.

lalo wrote:hi..
printed layout is still larger then the actual screen layout...
exceed the tablet active area

lalo
boomp :)

lung wrote:
Cheers
I've looked this over, and found nothing. Please drop me an email, and I'll send you a test version.

ohm wrote:
lung wrote:
Cheers
I've looked this over, and found nothing. Please drop me an email, and I'll send you a test version.
well, i've had the same problem - but as i said, _-ing the tab2midi interface instead of x-ing it works fine.

it seems to keep focus more reliably now... strange. :shrug: don't have any of them office-draw thingies installed, though. :)

ohm wrote:I've looked this over, and found nothing. Please drop me an email, and I'll send you a test version.
Thanks ohm. <Email sent>

fabi .. thanks for the suggestions.. the problem is that if I put tablet2midi vst in a project, and I want to move the vst or delete it anytime in the project, it will crash my project.. so it's unusable for me.

Standalone is working great for me now though .. no focus problems like you are having.
Cheers.

update: the VST crash on close bug has been fixed, and a new version 0.93 is available / has been sent to registered customers. Still working on the A6 calibration problem with help from lalo.

Return to “Livelab.dk”