Super Short Story (starring: Steinberg's USB dongle)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

trtzbass wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:13 pm It's 10PM
I'm super comfy on my sofa and with a glass of whisky. Gotta do some audio editing.
Do I feel like getting up, going downstairs and grab the Cubase dongle?
Heck no. Studio One will do juuuuuuust fine.
Cheers.
I think you need to develop the characters a bit more. Love interest? A baddie as a foil to the main hero? To be quite frank, you also need a bit of rumpy pumpy for modern literature...seems like s&m goes down very well nowadays...you could develop "downstairs" into the dungeon?
Probably need more than one chapter too....

+1

It’s what this story needs to turn it into a blockbuster

Forgotten wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:58 pm +1

It’s what this story needs to turn it into a blockbuster
at least two explosions for the kaboom factor.
perhaps the dongle could be filled with c4, enough to take down the whole block.
our hero, has to get from the sofa to the dongle to diffuse it.
but his way is blocked by hordes of zombies, some aliens and an evil robot called "fingablast"

Only Dongle Boy can save us now :shock:

toonertik wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:46 pm
I'm super comfy on my sofa and with a glass of whisky. Gotta do some audio editing.
Cheers.
mmmm whiskey :party:
BUT...
what whiskey?

Really need to know this.
AH! asking the questions that matter I see.

It's a very nice bottle of Kilkerran 12 year old single malt Scotch whisky.
The wife is a wine / spirits trader so I get to enjoy a bit of swanky booze.
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

kritikon wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:11 pm
Cheers.
I think you need to develop the characters a bit more. Love interest? A baddie as a foil to the main hero? To be quite frank, you also need a bit of rumpy pumpy for modern literature...seems like s&m goes down very well nowadays...you could develop "downstairs" into the dungeon?
It's 10PM.

I'm super comfy on my sofa, my partner, here portrayed by Gal Gadot for artistic reasons, brings me my favourite whisky. Flashback sequence of us in the sheets getting it on earlier. She is wearing a leather corset and has a medium sized whip. Soundtrack: I Wanna Know What Love Is by Foreigner. The situation is so steamy that the whole neighbourhood has a cigarette afterwards.
All of a sudden, an explosion in the distance! It's the evil interstellar empire that wants to destroy the world. They are broadcasting a jamming signal that's designed to engage all the nuclear weapons in the world. I'm the planet's only hope. They are playing some of the warbled, terrifying sound on the news channel, so I'm downloading it from Youtube. It's illegal, I know, but humanity's survival is at stake. I need to edit the content of the signal so that the missiles will target the alien mothership instead of the planet.
I need an audio editor QUICK GODDAMMIT! I could run downstairs to the dungeon, grab the Cubase dongle and use that but THERE'S NO TIME!
Also, Gal is down there ready for round two (this is sci fi after all) in a spandex catsuit and with a utility belt full of non identified objects that are allegedly designed to fit in any given human orifice. Got zero time for that.
I remember: I HAVE STUDIO ONE on my laptop. The DAW starts without a hiccup and gladly it's one of those times when it doesn't scan all 3567 plugins.
I do the job, send the signal out there. The missiles launch. OH MY GOD. But no, they keep flying in vertical, high in the atmosphere. And all of a sudden KABOOM! You can hear it from afar, the alien menace has been obliterated. Humankind can sleep safely, at least for now.

END CREDITS
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

i love it, but can we change foreigner to air supply, all out of love?

vurt wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:13 pm i love it, but can we change foreigner to air supply, all out of love?
Great tune! Let me have a talk real quick with the executive producer, I'll see what I can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWdZEumNRmI
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

"H. Zimmer asked his assistant to get his elicenser from downstairs"

trtzbass wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:57 pm END CREDITS
You still have to fill those 2 extra minutes after the credits roll... :hyper:

trtzbass wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:57 pm
kritikon wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:11 pm
Cheers.
It's 10PM.

I'm super comfy on my sofa, my partner, here portrayed by Gal Gadot for artistic reasons, brings me my favourite whisky.
END CREDITS
Now its a long story, but a good one...!
Only Studio one could have failed, Bitwig never scans my plugins, though it could fail as well, as once a half year it wants to check my license online (and of course the aliens killed that first, to drive all young people into suicide quickly, only a few would survive that...). I think we need to switch to audacity, just for the rescue of the world... And then make love, to fill up the human pool with kids again...

Will there be a sequel?

Forgotten wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:26 pm Will there be a sequel?
I see what you did there, very clever.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Tj Shredder wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:19 pm And then make love, to fill up the human pool ..
thats a somewhat derogatory term for a lady garden :o

e@rs wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:03 am
trtzbass wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:57 pm END CREDITS
You still have to fill those 2 extra minutes after the credits roll... :hyper:
random bollywood dance number?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”