FL Studio 20.6 | Released

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Awesome update!

I will give FL one thing.
As a user of multiple daws I’ll never take for granted how I just download the new updates for free.

Free lifetime updates is then Best update system in the entire DAW industry.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Russell Grand wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:53 am
robotmonkey wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:41 am So, another update with no real new features? :neutral:
There's one in every single FL thread, innit? :neutral:
Yep. Unfortunately Edward wasn't here yet so I thought I'll get the troll going until he shows up for work. :hihi:

Actually had time to update in the evening. So far so good. Though I'm wondering what happens to old projects with NewTone in them now that it will be split into two plugins.
No signature here!

Unaspected wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:53 am
The Euclidean Rhythms generator might get me using the step sequencer again - haven't touched it since the introduction of the piano roll.
This tool works with piano roll as well.

Spencer Maddox wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:08 am I will give FL one thing.
As a user of multiple daws I’ll never take for granted how I just download the new updates for free.

I like to support them by buying their plugins..
got a few on top of Sig Ed.
wish they updated drumaxx,grove machine..
I believe they'll do @ some point.
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

robotmonkey wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:45 am
Russell Grand wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:53 am
robotmonkey wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:41 am So, another update with no real new features? :neutral:
There's one in every single FL thread, innit? :neutral:
Yep. Unfortunately Edward wasn't here yet so I thought I'll get the troll going until he shows up for work. :hihi:
:lol:

phreaque wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:33 am
The Euclidean Rhythms generator might get me using the step sequencer again - haven't touched it since the introduction of the piano roll.
"I am working on converting the Advanced fill tool to VFX - it will generate step sequences rather than patterns and each sequence can be assigned to any output. Adding in a graph editor for note properties means I can add an arpeggiator pretty easily. This was brought up in another thread and it's something I'd like to explore." - https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 1#p1441051
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

+1 :clap:

I am just sitting here waiting for a Reaper dude to jump in and go "Reaper does that too, man!!!"
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Nice update, thanks. :tu: I'll be riding the free lifetime updates for my $99 Fruity Edition until they put me me six feet under. :lol:

No matter how you look at it or what you initially paid, it's really hard to argue that FL's free lifetime updates is not the best financial deal in the industry.

xbitz wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:01 pm "I am working on converting the Advanced fill tool to VFX - it will generate step sequences rather than patterns and each sequence can be assigned to any output. Adding in a graph editor for note properties means I can add an arpeggiator pretty easily. This was brought up in another thread and it's something I'd like to explore." - https://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic. ... 1#p1441051
Yes already a good potential from this tool. And IL apparently will keep improving this tool :)

robotmonkey wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:45 amThough I'm wondering what happens to old projects with NewTone in them now that it will be split into two plugins.
If they use Newtone in warp mode, the Newtone instances will be replaced by Newtime instances with the same data.

Image-Line wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:49 am
Unaspected wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:53 am Surprised there aren't any new distortion algorithms in the distortion plugin. Disappointed by that but maybe it will be expanded in future.
It does include all the algorithms from Harmor, that you previously didn't have access to ...

Harmor - Classic, Flathat, Cube, Log, Softsat, Rubber, Ribbon, Sincrush, Bitcrush and Bitjam

and absolutely new ...

Wave folder (zero crossing distortion) - Aperture and Abrasive.

Regards Scott
Thank you. Then I will be checking that out for the wave folder. Might also be interesting to hear the Harmor distortions outside of the synth. I didn't notice those points mentioned in the video.

phreaque wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:33 am
Excellent. Won't be revisiting the SS then.

And still the same filters in the sampler channel from early 2000
LOL
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:56 pm And still the same filters in the sampler channel from early 2000
LOL
Yeah, this is something that definitely needs updating - along with every other location still using the cookbook filters. PEQ2 needs a reboot - and the fact that it doesn't report latency in HQ mode needs fixing.

Incidentally, best solution is to force maximum latency for all situations, regardless of oversampling. Quite a few developers do this and it makes most sense.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”