Cubase Artist 10.5 plugins into VST2 or VST3 folder?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just haven't had a chance to actually fire up and test it yet...lots of night shifts & finishing up doing up the new studio before I get to play.
So...just bought Artist 10.5 (got back into music after a few years out, last time was still using SX2). I bought a few plugins and just installed them into the VST3 folder inside Cubase. I just assumed they'd all be VST3. Then realised that was a silly thing to assume :dog: . Does it matter if they're installed into the VST3 folder if they're VST2 plugins? Will they still work or do I need to reinstall them into the VST2 folder? The plugins concerned are Korg legacy bundle, impOSCar2, ABL and may well buy some others. Thinking about it now...the Korg ones are bound to be VST2, most likely the other ones are too...

Cheers in advance.

I'm on Cubase 10.5 Pro and as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't really matter where you install the plugins. If they don't show up in your plugin manager just make sure to give Cubase the right path to scan for the plugins. This should solve any possible issues ;)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”