Reaper 6.0 Is Live

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
REAPER

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:28 pm
electronic115 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:33 pm Lol, :) then ableton looks like Windows 3.1, i'm trying to put reaper like ableton
Very simple, because real graphics are very distracting
......... The psuedo-3D elements with that color scheme, on the other hand, very much feel like an old Windows application to me.

Ableton is using pseudo 3D GUI too. Check glue comp knob.

machinesworking wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:16 pm Anyway I knew this wouldn't well, but again, people will have legitimate complaints about the UX of Reaper without it being a matter of them not being professional, knowing the software, liking to post on KVR, or liking to debate about it. None of those things have anything to do with the fact that the DB readout jumps around the GUI at different settings unattached to the meter. :shrug:
Yep...No point in going back and forth debating on this subject....probably neither of us will even remember this disagreement in a month or so, so its not that important.
And yeah certain things annoy me about Reaper for sure, but at the end of the day it does the job that I want, and life is such that certain things in the world of software annoy some people more than others, its just the way it is :)

I've just discovered a serious flaw in v6 and it's a bit of a showstopper...

The Windows x64 install file has blown out from 11 MB to 13 MB....

Bloatware :)
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:34 am I've just discovered a serious flaw in v6 and it's a bit of a showstopper...

Uninstalled, computer trashed f**k this shit. :hug: :party:

Just download more harddisk punk :smack:

Finally Reaper 6 is there. Waiting since months, till it pays off to getting a licence. I was pretty surprised. Did I miss anything or did it came pretty unheralded? When I compare it with the hustle and bustle about Ableton 10.1 or Massive X....

Astromann wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:06 am Yep...No point in going back and forth debating on this subject....probably neither of us will even remember this disagreement in a month or so, so its not that important.
And yeah certain things annoy me about Reaper for sure, but at the end of the day it does the job that I want, and life is such that certain things in the world of software annoy some people more than others, its just the way it is :)
Sure of course. I don't hold grudges online, that's dumb, it's just words on a screen. No harm done or meant.

IMO anyway, Reaper isn't really lacking much beyond ergonomic workflow, you can painstakingly sculpt it into one, for the most part, it's just frustrating that upfront it's obtuse, and honestly the stock GUI still isn't that great. It would be fantastic if they bothered to hire or were to start looking into modern design and UX standards. Again mostly because increased interest in Reaper is always a good thing. :)

Right now anyway, it's looking like the next update to DP10 is going to win my attention, but I will be all over Reaper 6 until then.

SamDi wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:55 am Finally Reaper 6 is there. Waiting since months, till it pays off to getting a licence. I was pretty surprised. Did I miss anything or did it came pretty unheralded? When I compare it with the hustle and bustle about Ableton 10.1 or Massive X....
There are dozens of smaller changes as of now, some workflow improvements, and CC editing improvements etc. I would expect that within the next couple months we'll see other bigger changes. Live and Digital Performer in my experience also roll out some of the more major improvements after the initial release, like testing the water with the code before adding all the features etc. :)

I finished my minimalist theme, very happy with Reaper. :)

machinesworking wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:13 am Right now anyway, it's looking like the next update to DP10 is going to win my attention, but I will be all over Reaper 6 until then.
i got curious about DP10 as it looked nice, so i installed the demo.

well... the GUI feels weird and blurry (no matter the zoom level), and it also has this "Mac" feel where the "maximized" window isn't really maximized and you can see the bits of the wall paper around the edges. on top of that, it's painfully slow, couldn't load half of my plugins and couldn't use some of the ones the scan said were okay. on top of that, the installer seemed to have an outdated digital certificate, so it refused to install on my machine at all until i changed the date to three months ago. and it wouldn't allow me to choose where to install it. looks like a horrible Mac port.

looks like i'm staying with REAPER.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

electronic115 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:15 pm I finished my minimalist theme, very happy with Reaper. :)
Hey looks nice, can you share the skin please?

machinesworking wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:16 am There are dozens of smaller changes as of now, some workflow improvements, and CC editing improvements etc. I would expect that within the next couple months we'll see other bigger changes. Live and Digital Performer in my experience also roll out some of the more major improvements after the initial release, like testing the water with the code before adding all the features etc. :)
Yes, I was pretty surprised, what they brought within the 5 phase, like ARA 2, MPE, etc. Things that would other vendor‘s keep for the next major release.

exponent1 wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:43 pm Hey looks nice, can you share the skin please?
I send you the link, but consider is very minimalist theme
I'm not professional doing theme. lol
and I just test it on my pc,

Burillo wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:28 pm
machinesworking wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:13 am Right now anyway, it's looking like the next update to DP10 is going to win my attention, but I will be all over Reaper 6 until then.
i got curious about DP10 as it looked nice, so i installed the demo.

well... the GUI feels weird and blurry (no matter the zoom level), and it also has this "Mac" feel where the "maximized" window isn't really maximized and you can see the bits of the wall paper around the edges. on top of that, it's painfully slow, couldn't load half of my plugins and couldn't use some of the ones the scan said were okay. on top of that, the installer seemed to have an outdated digital certificate, so it refused to install on my machine at all until i changed the date to three months ago. and it wouldn't allow me to choose where to install it. looks like a horrible Mac port.

looks like i'm staying with REAPER.
THere's an update coming to DP10 in the coming month, it's only had one bug fix update. I'm pretty certain they rolled dozens of improvements into the bug fixes and got too optimistic on the time it would take to iron it out etc. I'm sure the certificate issue will be fixed as well as some of the plug in issues etc.
I don't get a lot of useable VST3's in DP, but VST2 is solid. I'm on OS X though. In some ways I would rather the DAW nix a plug in than have to trouble shoot to find out it's unstable. Reason Rack initially hard froze Reaper, and wouldn't load at all into DP10. The default theme right now is pretty dull, not surprised you're reading it as blurry, like Reaper it has themes, in DP's case they're built in. For an example of where DP is headed check out Performer Lite.

For me as a Live plus Logic or DP user over the years, I'm very pleased to have a built in Session View. I'm not going up on Reaper, but I'm not loyal to DAWs, or that impressed with the Session View scripts in Reaper. Basically I'll continue to write in either DP or Reaper, but I will port to DP eventually, because if you do backing tracks and the occasional clip firing in a live setup DP10 is now going to be better at it than Ableton Live.

digitalboytn wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:34 am I've just discovered a serious flaw in v6 and it's a bit of a showstopper...

For Reaper such a jump in the file-size is untypical, indeed!
The reason for these extra 2 mb is the implementation
of HiDPI-ability. :wink:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”