Acoustica Releases Mixcraft 9!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Although Mixcraft may not be as popular as the other big guys but it's getting better and better with each new release! :)

https://acoustica.com/company/blog/acou ... mixcraft-9
Everyone at Acoustica is absolutely thrilled to be announcing the release of Mixcraft 9. It's a true labor of love, built for musicians, by musicians. From it's slick, modern interface, to it's incredibly powerful new effects, instruments, and features, we've upgraded nearly every aspect of Mixcraft, with new visuals, new sounds, and more power than ever.

Improvements Everywhere

The first thing you'll notice is Mixcraft 9's sleek, modern look. The transport and details panels are all individually undockable, and can be placed anywhere around your desktop. The transport can be moved to the top of the software if desired, and the controls can be left-justified, right-justified, or centered.

Mixcraft 9 is loaded with new effects from ToneBoosters. A great sounding reverb, flexible multi-effects, gorgeous parametric equalizer, excellent compressors and limiters, useful de-esser, and a whole lot more await you. Plus, Pro Studio users will find the TB FlX and TB FlX4 multiband EQ/compressors and the new TB Dither plug-in to be truly remarkable tools for mastering.

Automation has been greatly advanced in Mixcraft 9. In addition to curved automation, we've added pitch automation to every audio clip, and a master tempo envelope for creating tempo ramps. All effect and virtual instrument parameters are now controllable by tempo-synced LFOs for awesome musical and rhythmic effects.

The mixer has gotten a major upgrade in Mixcraft 9, with the addition of a number of very useful new panels. The new Gain, Preamp, Compressor, Parametric Equalizer, Spectrum Analyzer, and Oscilloscope mixer panels all add a lot of utility to an already-powerful mixing environment. MIDI users will find a lot to love. There are improvements to the piano roll, including some remarkable new tools for drawing MIDI controller automation. The new step recording features let you build mono and polyphonic pattern quickly.

New Vocoder Tracks make it easier than ever to add electronic vocoder sounds to your project. This has traditionally been a very complex thing to set up in all DAWs, but with Mixcraft, all instruments, effects, and routing are automatically configured. The new Acoustica Vocoder effect is an 11-band analog-style vocoder based on classic hardware, and it sounds great!

The addition of Voltage Modular Ignite to Mixcraft 9 Pro Studio brings the raw sonic strength and flexibility of a massive modular synthesizer to your home recording environment.

A Sonic Playground
This is just a taste of what's new -- there's a whole lot more packed into Mixcraft 9! We encourage you to download a free trial today and start exploring!

I’ve been reading about mixCraft a lot today, and thinking about giving it a try. Reaper is my primary DAW, and my looking to get into the Melodyne world during the Black Friday sales has put me on this Mixcraft path.
Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio is $66 at everyPlugin, and the upgrade to MX9 is another $29. Another $44 will upgrade the included Melodyne Essentials to Assistant. So for $140 I’ll have Melodyne Assistant with a new DAW to distract me from getting real work done. Haha.
Anyway, I’m curious to read about others’ impressions with MixCraft 9, and hopefully complete a track or two with it.

I used to use Mixcraft back at version 4 or 5 and, while it was definitely a decent DAW (kinda like Garageband for Windows), I much prefer working in FL and Studio One these days.

With that said, it's been a long time since I've worked in Mixcraft and I imagine there have been a lot of additions and changes that have improved it overall. Perhaps I should download the latest version and see how I get on with it. :tu:

I actually quite like Mixcraft. The new look is definitely more modern. I actually prefer it to a couple of the biggies with a similar approach in terms of layout and how things are done. My only real issue is that the GUI doesn't scale and I like things a bit larger. (Yes, I know I can scale Windows.)

A very under-rated DAW.

You can get Waveform10 for like $50 right now and it comes with both Melodyne Essentials and Auto Tune Access.
Milford wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:37 am I’ve been reading about mixCraft a lot today, and thinking about giving it a try. Reaper is my primary DAW, and my looking to get into the Melodyne world during the Black Friday sales has put me on this Mixcraft path.
Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio is $66 at everyPlugin, and the upgrade to MX9 is another $29. Another $44 will upgrade the included Melodyne Essentials to Assistant. So for $140 I’ll have Melodyne Assistant with a new DAW to distract me from getting real work done. Haha.
Anyway, I’m curious to read about others’ impressions with MixCraft 9, and hopefully complete a track or two with it.

Did they remove the Memorymoon synth? I'm not seeing it.

Nice. It looks **way** better. After trying the demo (and I'll be fair) ...

The Good: SubMix tracks are nice. I had no problem at all quickly building mix groups after importing some track stems. That's a good design that acts like a bus and a folder and it does the "drag a track up to make it a child" thing like Reaper.

The Bad: The fader scale is kind of wacky. Look at the image below where the faders are almost all the way down at -17?

The Good: The mixer is much, much nicer now overall to use. That's a drastic change. My first thought was literally … "Why in the hell did they keep the EQ and Comp and all that...", and then I realized you can just hide all of that stuff so, that's good as it really clutters things up.

The Bad: You apparently can't move mixer channels with the mouse.

Nice update.

great software, cheap, simple. and i´m glad the wood panels are history :)

and memorymoon´s still there

congrats to the acoustica mixcraft team for the new release! :)

works well with reason, has a good 32 bit bridge for older plugins (e.g. h.g. fortune ambient synths etc). lots of small and not so small improvements - plus a more modern look.

what is not to like?

kinda surprised to see so little reaction... oh well.. i guess ableton really is everywhere :clown:

Did my yearly upgrade, well worth the $30. I have Cubase 10, and find I use Mixcraft more. It’s simple, stable, and gets it done. It should be the number one DAW for home studio hobbyists. It’s not because of the marketing of other daws that push how “pro” they are. So people buy them and use perhaps half the features.
Dell desktop Win 10 /2012 MacBook Pro
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

I think “use perhaps half” is being very generous. I find most DAWs massive overkill. I think if import and export functionality were improved, you might see more DAWs that focused on particular tasks. There’s MIDI song and OMF, so why is there no basic format that combines both?? Because the marketing types would all have heart attacks.

Mixcraft rocks! I was an Ableton user from V1-9. I'm done with that mess. Mixcraft just plain works and it's much more stable.

Installed the trial because I wanted to try the new vocoder track. Works really well I'm almost swayed.

How do I delete all the third party and unwanted plugins in mixcraft I don't need?
Can I just delete the dll's in the Acoustica vst folder?

Edit: Yes you can.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”