Whose gonna step it up for DAW's 2020

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tobeadj wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:25 pm Reaper + Bitwig
Reaper as plug-in in Bitwig? - Or the other way round?

FL studio just got a nice update that will make hardware modular users happy
Amazon: why not use an alternative

... and DP10's huge update today's full of goodies and bug fixes.

The readme's an 11-page PDF. :love:

Too much to read for me right now, but I'm bettin' this is gonna make a lot of peeps very-happy.
Last edited by Monkey Man on Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've heard that Clear Vision have a new DAW coming out in 2020 and that the GUI is close to perfect :)
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 2:13 am I've heard that Clear Vision have a new DAW coming out in 2020 and that the GUI is close to perfect :)
Ha ha! You almost got me!

I would be hard-pressed to move away from Nuendo. It is just solid and does what I need it to do. I still have Ableton Live 10 and FL Studio as well as Reason 11 (I reinstalled 10 because of the Rewire removal, eish), but find myself spending less and less time, even for types of projects that I use to love doing in those. Nuendo handles them just as well and fits my roadmap better.

DuX wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:43 pm When it comes to DAWs, I think they've got all too many features already. We've got to step it up and make some good music. :tu:
Yeah, I'd like someone to rule a line under their current product and make something new without any of the legacy shit that drags them all down. Take all the good stuff and leave the rest behind. I had hoped to get something like that from Bitwig but, unfortunately, it's not made for the way I like to work and I never got comfortable with it. Cubase might be a bloated pile of steaming horse manure in some ways - I really don't like the GUI at all - but at least I can get what I need from it without jumping through too many hoops.

Maybe that's what they've done with the iOS versions of things, in which case they need to make those available on other platforms, too.
Last edited by BONES on Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Would be nice if Behringer bought energyXT and rebooted development and improved stability. It was always such a fun no-frills environment to play around in and get ideas going.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”