Harvest MIDI Sequencer Generator by Harvest Plugins

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

NTO wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:17 am Put aside the mini months ago, but decided to buy the full at this price.

Anybody else seeing this sort of thing...
EDIT:
Exchanging emails with them. My opinion thus far - app does not handle runtime parameter adjusting well.
(Track below was created (midi imported) w/pattern length knob at 1 - can't become greater...)
2019-11-25_Full_Harvest_Pattern__Gen_Fail.png
yep - that is how it is for me as well with the empty bars. I have not contacted them on that but did on figuring out how to run multiple instances. I cant remember how runtime automation went. But I really like Harvest, I find it very useful

Let's ask the developer. I'll shoot them an email and also ask if they would follow this thread. ;-)

Been exchanging w/their staff. Won't go into it all. My opinion remains the same.

Response specific to the defect I noted:
"... this is by design. "

A work around was provided that may be useful to those that encounter the question.

"Alternatively, if you wish to be increasing the number of bars without an interruption in playback, the best approach would be to max out the number of bars to 16, populate the notes, and then lower the Bars knob to 3 or 5 or whatever you need at the time."

The biggest flaw as i see is the lock of notes.
Only two options to lock notes, click one note at a time or all notes.
If you have 30 notes and want to lock 2/3, that's 20 clicks.
Why can't any of them turn into lasso selecting when ctrl-clicked?

Saffran wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:52 am The biggest flaw as i see is the lock of notes.
Only two options to lock notes, click one note at a time or all notes.
If you have 30 notes and want to lock 2/3, that's 20 clicks.
Why can't any of them turn into lasso selecting when ctrl-clicked?
I was wondering about that, too.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Hopefully the developer makes it possible to sweep across a region of notes to select. That's very doable, I'm sure.

If a developer sees this, please check your code for the "undo" feature.
The symptoms seem to point at the "undo" feature. It fills up much too fast.
It could also be a massive memory leak.

I see it’s for sale for 19 euro, how many updates has this had, have all the issues been fixed or is the dev trying to make a quick buck?

I needed support once but he never replied to my mail. Very bad experience

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks guys, I’ll leave it then...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”