FL Studio vs Bitwig

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mtelesha wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:32 am
JunSev wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:23 am For instance, I dislike completely the $170 a year for updates bitwig is asking and how overhyped is.
A) Overhyped is 100% a opinion
I really don't think that is just an opinion, but Facts.

For instance, any time a synth or some version of a daw is released or anything there is always that bitwig user (not all) praising bitwig and the grid as if were the best invention the world has ever seen, and the other products are s**t... is ridiculous; This attitude puts me a little bit off... like Hello!... I'm watching the thread to get information about the different products in question, is not about bitwig or the grid; I will not pay $170 for bitwig and the grid a year, I already have my modular synths and my favorite daw, I'm not interested in bitwig products. Perhaps my perspective of some of them might change if some of them are able to behave themselves better (Not All).

With all respect to all Bitwig users.

JunSev wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:23 am For instance, I dislike completely the $170 a year for updates bitwig is asking and how overhyped is.
Sorry, but FL is the most over hyped DAW on the planet (followed closely by Ableton Live), "trap" or whatever genre DAW, winner of all those magazine popularity contest's, DAW made by and for users who aren't musicians and just pencil and hack stuff out like it's some game, most popular users are teen stars that started like majority of others with pirated version, no music knowledge and just penciling and hacking their way out, it's probably the most pirated DAW on the planet which got him all that hype and recognition (again with workflow geared towards gamer's that want to play with making music).

JunSev wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:40 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:47 pm
JunSev wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:29 pm
antic604 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:41 am
JunSev wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:23 amThe problem you might find (even despite you might find some answers) is a lot of biased advises like "come on... use this one, buy this product"... and you have to be careful with all of that.

For instance, I dislike completely the $170 a year for updates bitwig is asking and how overhyped is.
So true! ;) Like all those people going around the internet you have to pay $169 a year for Bitwig, where in fact throughout the year you can get it for $129 AND that you DON'T have to upgrade every year...
And so true as the fact that "you upgrade when you need" so often brought doesn't change the fact that updates are always important and even in 1 year a lot of things can change and needs updates; also looking at the situation and the image bitwig is presenting, users need to wait for some special day because sometimes they can't afford the $170 a year overpriced update.
Wow, they being out frequent important are really cool updates...the bastards!

I think the updates are pretty cheap, so far you have never needed to update more than once every 18 months to get 'everything' as soon as its out in beta and I have never paid more than $120 for the update, but hey-ho, you cant please everyone. Cubase (which I also use) costs me more to keep up to date with all the paid 0.5 updates....

As a general rule I don't look at the cost, I look at the value 'to me'. I actually own a copy of FL from one I was involved with Synthmaker (Flowstone) and I don't use it at all (its not even installed anymore), so its 'value' is zero to me even with free updates and you cant even sell it so factor the zero re-sale value in to the cost....
https://support.image-line.com/action/k ... se?ans=105
It is overpriced, period; and a lot of bitwig users need to wait some "special day" because often they can't afford it.

And what has Flowstone to do with any of this conversation? we are talking about The Daws here, not about something that doesn't even come with the IL installer; is about The Daw, like come on... you can try but make some fair points...

With all respect SLiC.
Synthmaker (Flowstone) is simply the reason I tried to get on with fruity loops, but I just I didn’t like it...I still own it, but I don’t have installed and can’t sell it so If anyone is thinking of buying FL make sure you will keep using it as you are stuck with it!

On the other hand I think Bitwig is great value, probably my most used bit of music creating software (although not the only DAW I use, I also have Live, Cubase and Studio one, so I am that partisan).

As most people have said, try them both...they are not at all similar!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

JunSev wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:50 pm I really don't think that is just an opinion, but Facts.
It's opinion based on your experience on KVR, which have no actual resemblance on real world, just handful of vocal members from here.

SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:47 pm I think the updates are pretty cheap, so far you have never needed to update more than once every 18 months to get 'everything' as soon as its out in beta and I have never paid more than $120 for the update, but hey-ho, you cant please everyone. Cubase (which I also use) costs me more to keep up to date with all the paid 0.5 updates....
I think your math is way off here. Cubase costs $60 for a .5 update and $100 for a version update (like 10.5 to 11). There's always one update every year, now it was 10.5 and next year it will be 11.
So basically this means Cubase costs $160 every two years or $80 a year to keep up to date.
If you always wait for a sale you can even get it cheaper.

The $120 price you mentioned for Bitwig is already a discounted price, the normal price is $160. This means Bitwig costs twice as much as Cubase to keep up to date.

If you want Bitwig updates at the same price as Cubase, you need to renew your update plan every two years. But that also means that there will always be a full year without any updates.

Passing Bye wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:03 pm
Sorry, but FL is the most over hyped DAW on the planet (followed closely by Ableton Live), "trap" or whatever genre DAW, winner of all those magazine popularity contest's, DAW made by and for users who aren't musicians and just pencil and hack stuff out like it's some game, most popular users are teen stars that started like majority of others with pirated version, no music knowledge and just penciling and hacking their way out, it's probably the most pirated DAW on the planet which got him all that hype and recognition (again with workflow geared towards gamer's that want to play with making music).
+1 :tu:

inkwarp wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:37 pm
Halonmusic wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:34 am
inkwarp wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:28 am
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:35 pm
xbitz wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:35 pm FL hasn't got clips (launcher) based workflow, so if you would prefer this workflow choose BWS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPHI-BHKk8o
Yes it does. Since v11 or 10.
Yes, it's called "performance mode"..
xx JPRacer xx wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:31 am The "performance mode" in FL is to launch clips, not for recording.
Indeed.
I was replying to the statement "FL hasn't got clips (launcher) based workflow", there was no mention of recording.
Oh sorry
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Reefius wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:13 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:47 pm I think the updates are pretty cheap, so far you have never needed to update more than once every 18 months to get 'everything' as soon as its out in beta and I have never paid more than $120 for the update, but hey-ho, you cant please everyone. Cubase (which I also use) costs me more to keep up to date with all the paid 0.5 updates....
I think your math is way off here. Cubase costs $60 for a .5 update and $100 for a version update (like 10.5 to 11). There's always one update every year, now it was 10.5 and next year it will be 11.
So basically this means Cubase costs $160 every two years or $80 a year to keep up to date.
If you always wait for a sale you can even get it cheaper.

The $120 price you mentioned for Bitwig is already a discounted price, the normal price is $160. This means Bitwig costs twice as much as Cubase to keep up to date.

If you want Bitwig updates at the same price as Cubase, you need to renew your update plan every two years. But that also means that there will always be a full year without any updates.
Fortunately I am a musician not an accountant! I never consider ownership costs, they are very small sums of money in the scheme of things (compared to what I spend on hardware at least). I do however find the BWS updates far more interesting than the Cubase updates, value is relative... if money was a driving factor I would just use a free DAW, plenty of good ones available...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

ooh, someone's had a hard day at the office.
this is your opinion, not a fact. I am a musician and i use FL from time to time, it's fantastic for midi so i use it as a plugin a lot. i don't think it's hyped as you say, no more than other daws.
Don't tar everyone with the same brush. that's called bigotry.

ooh, someone's had a hard day at the office.
Why, because I stated my opinion and disagreed with another member on forum? Is that what made you respond to me? Sorry to disappoint...
inkwarp wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:58 pm this is your opinion, not a fact.
Disagree to some extent, FL really is winner of all those magazine popularity contest's, it is coded by non musician for non musicians, it is used and endorsed by global teen stars that even got caught with other pirated software, it is used illegally by far too many people and got famous because all those factors and etc... so it is my opinion based on facts.
I am a musician and i use FL from time to time, it's fantastic for midi so i use it as a plugin a lot. i don't think it's hyped as you say, no more than other daws.
Don't tar everyone with the same brush. that's called bigotry.
I said majority, there's always plenty of exceptions like yourself.

Nah... FL is actually are really good and well made DAW. The workflow is blazing fast. Just a pity it works on Windows and not o Mac so well.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:05 am Nah... FL is actually are really good and well made DAW. The workflow is blazing fast. Just a pity it works on Windows and not o Mac so well.
Never stated that it isn't, just pointed out something to user who called out Bitwig as being over hyped in thread about FL vs Bitwig, never said it's bad DAW, badly coded, have slow workflow and whatever thing you and who knows who else will quote me for out of context, if you like it, awesome, I don't hate it, no need to quote me to talk about it.

Bitwig in well known overhyped plagiarized Live clone daw. Where have you been? :zzz: I can’t comment about its workflow is good or bad. But that is that. Original version isn’t necessarily better.

tooneba wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:38 am Bitwig in well known overhyped plagiarized Live clone daw. Where have you been? :zzz: I can’t comment about its workflow is good or bad. But that is that. Original version isn’t necessarily better.
You mean the programmers and employees that left Abelton and formed Bitwig? I think Bitwig has clearly been the competition that has caused Live to up their game. Heck Live was still stuck at 32 bits till Apple forced them to add 64 bit plugins, I think your opinions are a bit too emotional? Bitwig, Live and FL are all great and different people will have favorites. Doesn't mean one is "over hyped." The Grid is mind blowing but not everyone will even care. Its alright. Some are preset surfers and a few create their own sounds it doesn't mean one is better than the other.
-------------------
Bitwig is my DAWs and UHe and Tracktion Synths are my Bae. I maybe buy one synth a year. REMEMBER SELF just one synth a year!

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:34 am
inkwarp wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:28 am
Halonmusic wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:35 pm
xbitz wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:35 pm FL hasn't got clips (launcher) based workflow, so if you would prefer this workflow choose BWS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPHI-BHKk8o
Yes it does. Since v11 or 10.
Yes, it's called "performance mode"..
xx JPRacer xx wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:31 am The "performance mode" in FL is to launch clips, not for recording.
Indeed.
it records the content of the clips into the arranger section of the performance area just can't record midi in the same time (so u can't record MIDI stuffs during the loop playback doesn't good for composing only performing)

>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uubnmqOPsq4
so it's ok but there is no MIDI recording at the same time
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”