Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

Reefius wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:51 pm I still have a copy of Cubase 3, I think it's from around 1995. The dongle had to be inserted into the parallel (printer) port.

IMG_20150127_124927.jpg

Too bad I don't have a floppy drive, I would like to know if it still works :hihi:
It probably still works... on Windows 95. ;)

If it has a 16-bit installer, there's no way it can be installed on 64-bit Windows.

Reefius wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:51 pm I still have a copy of Cubase 3, I think it's from around 1995. The dongle had to be inserted into the parallel (printer) port.

IMG_20150127_124927.jpg

Too bad I don't have a floppy drive, I would like to know if it still works :hihi:
:tu: Childhood memories, never could afford these big boxes with magic software in it.

steve.lindqvist wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:30 pm

IMG_20150127_124927.jpg

:tu: Childhood memories, never could afford these big boxes with magic software in it.
Software? There's software inside?
I always assumed it was tiny gnomes with clipboards that could write and do sums really quickly. With ants in miniature hamster wheels to power it all. So you mean I don't have to pour honey in through those ports to feed the ants any more?

kritikon wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:40 am
steve.lindqvist wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:30 pm

IMG_20150127_124927.jpg

Software? There's software inside?
I always assumed it was tiny gnomes with clipboards that could write and do sums really quickly. With ants in miniature hamster wheels to power it all. So you mean I don't have to pour honey in through those ports to feed the ants any more?
I don't know if you are pulling my leg but yeah, I used to go to the local music store with my dad. There was a shelf with this software boxes including this Cubase version. I was a little boy just experiencing the uprising computer world and this was absolutely unaffordable - but attracted me magically.

BONES wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:27 pm After the first two-and-a-half minutes I wasn't expecting metal guitars, nice change up. It reminds me a bit of a band/artist who used to get some dancefloor play in the Goth/EBM clubs over here in the mid-90s. I can't think of their name but they used the same giant kick sound and had the same kind of energy as this. Not my cup of tea in any way but well made, for sure.
The guitars were sampled from rammstein...

Anyone notice that the scroll wheel appears a lot slower on this latest update? Finding an instrument for the vst rack or inserting an effect seems to take 10 times as long. Can the mousewheel speed can be changed? :?:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:50 pm Anyone notice that the scroll wheel appears a lot slower on this latest update? Finding an instrument for the vst rack or inserting an effect seems to take 10 times as long.
Did they do it like they did in Studio One maybe? If so, try scrolling on the scroll bar to scroll faster. Just a shot in the dark.

I don't like that behavior in Studio One at all, by the way... it was much easier before, when scrolling was similarly fast, no matter where you scrolled...

Never used Studio one, so no idea
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

IMG_20150127_124927.jpg

While cleaning up the other day I found my old Cubase 1.0 lite box. For the Atari of course. Including vintage stickers in mint condition!

mountainmaster wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:08 am

IMG_20150127_124927.jpg

While cleaning up the other day I found my old Cubase 1.0 lite box. For the Atari of course. Including vintage stickers in mint condition!

And Studio One STILL doesn't have a built-in staff view!!! :lol:

cnt wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:14 am
currentsound wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:49 am I summarized the bugs and flaws I discovered on my blog post here. https://currentsound.com/general/cubase ... d-testing/
Did you post the bugs on the Steinberg-forum under Issues?
Sorry for the late reply. Yes I did that last month at the time I put the blog post out. I made a separate post of the forum for each issue. Hopefully they will fix them. I didn't get a reply or hear anything back from them. They have been silent so far. I guess we will have to see if they are fixed in the next maintenance update or not.

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:32 am
v1o wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:10 pm I don't know any DAW with innovating features. What are some innovative features you've checked out recently?
Parallel & Serial Multi FX Processing with VST Effects, Channel & Frequency Splitting in a node tree layout with branch splitting in addition to a node tree layout for Multi Instruments that can be branch-split and inserted with note triggering devices (Note FX) whilst allowing note ranges to be set across the keyboard, and integrating the channel strip for each instrument.

I had trouble finding this in Cubase in my time with version 9.5, and on my web searches earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA-ODMD19as
I'm struggling to find in Cubase 10.5 how to get around setting up a parallel fx processing with some inc vst effects [Cubase] - is there a way to create in Cubase what is demonstrated in this video?

...time for a coffee break....hmmm...Is Studio One more advanced in that territory /creativity wise in general/?? - THX.
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

BTW, any information/ educated guess for the launch date of the CB 11?

If they stick to their usual release cycle (which I expect), it will be in November.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:12 am If they stick to their usual release cycle (which I expect), it will be in November.
And we will have a sale for Cubase upgrades somewhere in the Summer, if things happen as usual.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”