Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

Is anyone else upgrading from 10.0 having a hard time getting a full vst scan done? I have a few hundred (apparently) vst plugs that need to be scanned in. I assume that's going to take a bit of time, but I don't recall this being a huge thing on prior updates.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

I did not get a scan on Mac Mojave

SLiC wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:38 pm
andypryce wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:52 am Cubase is an amazing mess. It will be perfect when they streamline the workflow and clean up the GUI. Feature wise it has everything I need but I envy Logic Pro X GUI and Studio One's lightning fast workflow. Can't have everything of course :)
This is why I mainly use Studio One (but still hold on to my Cubase 10 Licence) - It's steiny's MO to take lots of small 'paid for' steps in a direction (which seems to be to look and operate more like Studio Ones one window layout)...be done by about 12.5, no rush....a .5 here, a .5 there :wink: Cubase often has ways of doing since that seem archaic..but there is massive power and flexibility in Cubase if you need it, even if it is going through a bit of a mid life crisis/transformation since about V8...
Me too. I only fire up Cubase when doing music for media.

I am a big fan of Cubase midi plugins, especially the Logical Editor and the two Transformers.
Lucky for me Colin at Loomer seems to be doing something similar with Architect.
https://mail.yahoo.com/d/folders/1/mess ... ccounter=1
I hope he is successful so that I will no longer need Cubase for some of my midi manipulation.
Last edited by Kalamata Kid on Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

telecode wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:36 pm
neverbeeninariot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:08 pm
BERFAB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm I assume there's a Padshop PRO 2 upgrade coming somewhere...
Never assume... They're dropping the pro version to 'streamline their portfolio'. Mentioned in the KVR news.
what a bunch of scammers. weren't steinberg peddling the padshop pro upgrade for $10 not too long ago. and now they just streamline the pro and non pro into one version? sneaky.
Yes, and then charged us the entire 60$ for the upgrade.

Come on Steinberg, give us a discount on the upgrade or at least some free preset packs..

Ive used alot of DAW's, Live, Cakewalk, FL, Logic, Cubase, Reaper, Bitwig......Cakewalk and Reaper are really good for budget minded people, and both are fantastic DAW's. I just cannot stand for how Steinberg charges users upgrades for features that should have been there for some time. Its really silly how anyone can justify paying any kind of upgrade at this point, when so many other DAW's out there offer a much better solution for upgrades. Ableton upgrades are expensive, but they dont hit you up until a major jump, and it takes a long time for that to happen. Studio One has the rent to own option on splice, and that is absolutely genius. Bitwig is like Cubase, not a fan of their upgrade costs, but they seem to be innovating. FL is the bomb :borg: and Logic is only $200 and that also takes a while until a major update.

So I think Cubase is making some bad business decisions with their update costs. I think it drives users to go with other options, and they will lose customers. Just my opinion.

vertibration wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:07 pm ....
So I think Cubase is making some bad business decisions with their update costs. I think it drives users to go with other options, and they will lose customers. Just my opinion.

I'm a Cubase fan, but I agree.

IMO - .5's should not be paid updates.

felis wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:51 pm
vertibration wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:07 pm ....

I'm a Cubase fan, but I agree.

IMO - .5's should not be paid updates.
In my case . I bought the upgrade back in summer during their sale and activated now. So it was worth it in my case.

However, if I had already been on 10 .. I feel the upgrade value to 10.5 really didn't contain enough to justify an upgrade cost.

Padshop 2 and a delay and a few other minor tweaks. Meh!
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

They could drop the cost for .5 updates and then raise the price of full version updates to $160 :lol:

Everyody is free to pay or not and how it looks there are enough users willing to pay the 0.5 upgrades regulary. The good thing is you can use your version, buy an upgrade now and register in one, two or whatever years to get into the latest version available then.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Yeah... the thing is, people keep buying. And, obviously, more people buy the smaller, less espensive .5 and full upgrades. I can only recommend that you don't buy, if you don't think the upgrades aren't worth it.

I don't want to talk anyone out of buying Cubase, the contrary, but, i so often read "this is greedy", or "this company deluded me into buying it" arguments, where i just shake my head why the people threw money out of the window in the first place, and then complain on the net about it. No own will in that, just spineless "I'm not responsible for my own actions" attitude. I think that's really bad, for yourself, for others, and for the companies.

Humorous to read people suggesting changing to another DAW because Steinberg charges an upgrade fee. So, instead of paying £50 for the upgrade, just spend £400+ on a new DAW, and spend God knows how much time learning how to use it. Or get a whole new computer (£2000+) and change to Logic.
Yeah, ok.

Worse case scenario and you fall 3 years behind in updates (1.5 versions) you pay about $200 usd to get back to the most recent version. An especially good deal if you're back on version 7. Cheaper than most (investing in a new copy) comparable daws too.
Last edited by zoidkirb on Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Googly Smythe wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:54 pm Humorous to read people suggesting changing to another DAW because Steinberg charges an upgrade fee. So, instead of paying £50 for the upgrade, just spend £400+ on a new DAW, and spend God knows how much time learning how to use it. Or get a whole new computer (£2000+) and change to Logic.
Yeah, ok.
In a week or so you can buy Studio One for less than half the retail price that it costs normally. If you're use to Cubase, then changing would really be a walk in the park if you don't otherwise need some esoteric features it has. Free .5 updates and those between major ones... You can choose upgrade whenever and on the black November period upgrade for half the cost it does normally. So you can essentially move to a DAW which is rapidly evolving from a fresh code base, whilst delivering a streamlined workflow with features that rounds out a wide range of different user bases in a similar way that Cubase has and for less.

If one has no option but to use Cubase then that's something else entirely...but the options are out there for your needs and budget.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

i upgraded on the 30 year anniversary deal. i shall wait it out until the 40 year anniversary to upgrade again.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”