Cubase 10.5 is here now....

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Artist 13 Cubase Elements 13 Cubase Pro 13

BONES wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:09 am
VitaminD wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:35 amThe hiDPI scaling issue is rather obvious if you have it. Some VST guis will use a smaller window size with the contents at the larger scaled size. This means one doesn't see the whole GUI and the cursor to parameter (on the GUI) mapping is totally off.
That's strange because I've never experienced anything like that. For me, scaling has always just worked, usually better than it does on a Mac. One thing, though, is that you can't scale Win10 to 133%. It goes up in discrete steps of 25% so I am wondering if you are doing it right or trying to change it some other way?
Sure you can.

In the Win10 advanced scaling options, one can select any value of scaling. 103, 291, 484.. anything. Well, up to 500% which is the maximum.

Anyone else's ASIO meter peaking when clicking at another point in the song on the timeline? Pro 10 wasn't doing that to me, but 10.5 is.

zoidkirb wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:00 am Does anyone know if padshop 2 acquired via 10.5 will load up in other daws like padshop pro did?
Yes, Padshop 2 will be installed in your defined VstPlugIns folder, and will load in other hosts. It replaces Padshop 1. Both were and are named just Padshop.
Fernando (FMR)

VitaminD wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:22 amSure you can. In the Win10 advanced scaling options, one can select any value of scaling. 103, 291, 484.. anything. Well, up to 500% which is the maximum.
Yes, and what does it say in brackets next to that setting? It says "not recommended". If you use the proper scaling settings, it will work perfectly well. Brilliantly, in fact. I can't imagine why you would have dug that deep to make changes when you can do it from the top level menu.

What sort of graphics processiing does your machine have?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

telecode wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:36 pm
neverbeeninariot wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:08 pm
BERFAB wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:12 pm I assume there's a Padshop PRO 2 upgrade coming somewhere...
Never assume... They're dropping the pro version to 'streamline their portfolio'. Mentioned in the KVR news.
what a bunch of scammers. weren't steinberg peddling the padshop pro upgrade for $10 not too long ago. and now they just streamline the pro and non pro into one version? sneaky.
Yep, I feel somewhat pissy over that decision, I bought it when it in that sale...

BONES wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:18 am
VitaminD wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:22 amSure you can. In the Win10 advanced scaling options, one can select any value of scaling. 103, 291, 484.. anything. Well, up to 500% which is the maximum.
Yes, and what does it say in brackets next to that setting? It says "not recommended". If you use the proper scaling settings, it will work perfectly well. Brilliantly, in fact. I can't imagine why you would have dug that deep to make changes when you can do it from the top level menu.

What sort of graphics processiing does your machine have?
I'm using an GTX 1660Ti with 6GB of GDDR6 and the 10-bit color drivers on a 10-bit monitor but that is neither here nor there, as it is not a hardware issue but one of software.

I'm not going to argue with you. Windows10 offers flexible scaling options (via a single extra click), I made use of them. Cubase doesn't (yet) accommodate these settings, they freely admit it on their website (to which I linked in earlier correspondence). I would like them to offer more support for this feature. End of story.

Sorry to be thick on this, but just so I am clear if I have an unregistered crossgrade license that I purchased in the sale earlier this year for Cubase 10, I should be able to sit this upgrade out and register it for version 11 whenever it is issued? Presumably, even if they change that policy between now and then, I would still be able to get the version 10 that I paid for (which would be fine and I understand that this may happen).

I don't think a free upgrade from 10 to 11 will work. The grace period is meant to upgrade from 10 to 10.5 for free. It will be a whole year now before 11 is released. And then the grace period will be to upgrade from 10.5 to 11 for free.
You can always try it, but I doubt it will work. Or you can just ask Steinberg to get an official statement about it.

bharris22 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:54 pm Sorry to be thick on this, but just so I am clear if I have an unregistered crossgrade license that I purchased in the sale earlier this year for Cubase 10, I should be able to sit this upgrade out and register it for version 11 whenever it is issued? Presumably, even if they change that policy between now and then, I would still be able to get the version 10 that I paid for (which would be fine and I understand that this may happen).
it will work....11 or 12...the moment you register you'll get the present available version.../tried n tested !/
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Nice - thanks! I will wait, then.

As I said, I think the worst that could happen is that I would be limited to version 10 (the version that was current when I purchased), which would be reasonable on their part (albeit disappointing on mine).

fmr wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:40 pm
Izak Synthiemental wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:02 pm Did anyone try to install 10.5 on Win 7? I know, it's no longer officially supported, but does it still work is what I'm curious about...
I did, and I think it is working (I mean, it installed, it launched, and is now scanning my plug-ins, a painful task that takes a while, unfortunately).
That's helpful. I'm on Windows 7 also. Still on the fence.

I'm still very confused about these Cubase updates. If you buy a Cubase 10 to 10.5 update licence and then register it at some point in the future for example when Cubase 11.5 is available. Do you automatically get bumped up to the latest version?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:23 pm I'm still very confused about these Cubase updates. If you buy a Cubase 10 to 10.5 update licence and then register it at some point in the future for example when Cubase 11.5 is available. Do you automatically get bumped up to the latest version?
yes, a friend of mine bought years ago cubase 7 pro, and activated it when cubase 9.5 pro was available. the point of activation decides the version you get.

^^^

Can you do this maneuver more than once?

I'm gonna wait until Cubase 27 to activate mine. Good times ahead, (in about 30 years). :party:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”