BR : Reason Rack Plugin - GUI problem with Blue Cat Audio Patchwork

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Because the AU version did not exist for the moment (till the end of 2019), I've tried to use the VST3 Reason Rack Plugin into Logic Pro X (v10.4.6) through the Blue Cat Audio AU version of the "Patchwork synth" plugin (I use often the AU Patchwork plugin to load and play VST versions of my plugins in Logic Pro X - when AU versions does not exist -).
And then I've had a big Reason Rack Plugin GUI problem.
When you put the Reason Rack Plugin into the AU Patchwork, all is ok. Then, you install one (or various) RE instrument in the Reason Rack and you create the sound you like. Ok. At this step, all is still working correctly.
But...
If you close the vst3 (Reason Rack plug) or the AU (Patchwork) plugin, you have no problem with the sounding of the Reason Rack Plugin. But now, if you try to re-open the Reason Rack Plugin in order, for instance, to rearrange or to modify the sound, the GUI does not open. Not exact. In fact, the "window"-GUI of the Reason Rack opens, but the window, the GUI is totally white colored, and you don't see any details of the contained instruments in the Reason Rack Plugin. And it is impossible to close the newly opened GUI in order to reopen it to have access to the original GUI of the Reason Rack Plugin.
The only way to do that, is to close the Patchwork plugin, delete the Patchwork plugin in the Logic Pro X track, then reload the AU Patchwork in the Logic track, open the AU Patchwork and load the Reason Rack Plugin into it. And once you have selected or composed your new sound, you are in the exact same situation than explained before : if you close the plugin, you cannot reopen it in the original GUI in order to be able to modify it...

I have updated my Reason 10 to Reason 11. So it is not a trial or a demo version. It is a licensed version.

Is there another KVRian who have the same problem ?
Have you reported the Bug to the Reason Team ?

I have informed the Blue Cat Audio team. They have reproduced the problem. And after verifications they try to work with the Reason Team in order to exchange data for solving the problem. And it seems to be a Reason Rack Plugin problem.
Have you an information about this BUG ?

We have not tested extensively with plugin hosts that are used as wrappers in the first version of Reason Rack Plugin. The priority was to make it work in "normal" host DAWs first and we're still working hard on AU (and looking into AAX). Any plugin that hosts plugins can't quite call all VST3 functions properly if I understand it correctly, so it's extra work to make it work as expected.

We'll take a look at this for the future though!

Hi Anosou !

I thought that it was possible that the Reason team would give some informations to the Blue Cat Audio team in order they try to manage a solution concerning their Patchwork application...
But no problem.
I note and I understand that you have other priorities actually and you are overflowed.
I will wait for the release of the AU version of the Reason Rack Plugin.

And thanks for a so quick and precise answer.
Cheers.

Lutin mutin
(from France).

Lutin mutin wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:08 am Hi Anosou !

I thought that it was possible that the Reason team would give some informations to the Blue Cat Audio team in order they try to manage a solution concerning their Patchwork application...
But no problem.
I note and I understand that you have other priorities actually and you are overflowed.
I will wait for the release of the AU version of the Reason Rack Plugin.

And thanks for a so quick and precise answer.
Cheers.

Lutin mutin
(from France).
Ah, right, we are in touch with the guys at Blue Cat Audio. No worries there! :)

We are indeed in touch - we will hopefully find together a way to fix this strange issue!

Lutin mutin wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:33 pm Because the AU version did not exist for the moment (till the end of 2019), I've tried to use the VST3 Reason Rack Plugin into Logic Pro X (v10.4.6) through the Blue Cat Audio AU version of the "Patchwork synth" plugin (I use often the AU Patchwork plugin to load and play VST versions of my plugins in Logic Pro X - when AU versions does not exist -).
And then I've had a big Reason Rack Plugin GUI problem.
When you put the Reason Rack Plugin into the AU Patchwork, all is ok. Then, you install one (or various) RE instrument in the Reason Rack and you create the sound you like. Ok. At this step, all is still working correctly.
But...
If you close the vst3 (Reason Rack plug) or the AU (Patchwork) plugin, you have no problem with the sounding of the Reason Rack Plugin. But now, if you try to re-open the Reason Rack Plugin in order, for instance, to rearrange or to modify the sound, the GUI does not open. Not exact. In fact, the "window"-GUI of the Reason Rack opens, but the window, the GUI is totally white colored, and you don't see any details of the contained instruments in the Reason Rack Plugin. And it is impossible to close the newly opened GUI in order to reopen it to have access to the original GUI of the Reason Rack Plugin.
The only way to do that, is to close the Patchwork plugin, delete the Patchwork plugin in the Logic Pro X track, then reload the AU Patchwork in the Logic track, open the AU Patchwork and load the Reason Rack Plugin into it. And once you have selected or composed your new sound, you are in the exact same situation than explained before : if you close the plugin, you cannot reopen it in the original GUI in order to be able to modify it...

I have updated my Reason 10 to Reason 11. So it is not a trial or a demo version. It is a licensed version.

Is there another KVRian who have the same problem ?
Have you reported the Bug to the Reason Team ?

I have informed the Blue Cat Audio team. They have reproduced the problem. And after verifications they try to work with the Reason Team in order to exchange data for solving the problem. And it seems to be a Reason Rack Plugin problem.
Have you an information about this BUG ?
Happens here too
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Yes, it seems to be happening everywhere, regardless of the host application (it also happens in the PatchWork standalone application)

Another information about a similar situation, but with a different host. I work in Presonus Studio One 4.5 (Windows platform), which has the ability to create a multi-tool from several VST tools, which works like a container. I created a multi-tool from 3 instances of Reason Rack VST with different Reason modules in each. It works great, but when you try to remove the multi-tool as a whole, S1 freezes and stops working. This does not happen if you first remove all versions of Reason Rack from the multi-tool in turn, and only then - the multi-tool itself.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”