Ableton is everywhere...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Forgotten wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:40 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:11 pm
Tux wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:16 pm
beatmangler443 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:50 am Have you guys noticed that Ableton is everywhere right now?. . .
They're big in the game. I remember when they were called Smiths and used to make crisps and other tasty snacks.

Well caught!! Weren't they the brand that had plain crisps with the little blue salt sachet inside?
I ‘member!

Kids had blood pressure worse than a 90 year old after they poured that bag of salt in them and ate them.
At least they gave us the choice. I'm pretty sure I only used a 3rd of the packet, anyhow. They seemed to be waaaay too salty with the entire packet :scared:

vurt wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:25 pm ableton2 : revenge of the nerd bedroom producer!
Web developer by day, laptop DJ extraordinaire by night!

beatmangler443 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:50 am Have you guys noticed that Ableton is everywhere right now? You see output have ads with ableton in it (while back), steven slate doing a demo with ana 2, Izotope demo using live in it, reason has it in the background on reasonstudios web page. Then you see digital performer add a session view influenced by ableton. Think Ableton have a big influence right now?
was saying this in 2001. literally. ableton is old now. it's for folks that can't play and rely on prefab beats, and presets.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:38 pm
beatmangler443 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:50 am Have you guys noticed that Ableton is everywhere right now? You see output have ads with ableton in it (while back), steven slate doing a demo with ana 2, Izotope demo using live in it, reason has it in the background on reasonstudios web page. Then you see digital performer add a session view influenced by ableton. Think Ableton have a big influence right now?
was saying this in 2001. literally. ableton is old now. it's for folks that can't play and rely on prefab beats, and presets.
Completely off.
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:38 pm ableton is old now. it's for folks that can't play and rely on prefab beats, and presets.
This is total bollocks.

i just had a little fun and pulled this out of my long forgotten back up drawer. it was the upgrade that i bought.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:38 pm
You obviously haven/t scratched the surface with it, what about resampling, warping , grannular processing making all your own sounds with it before you even touch a loop . capturing reverb artefacts by using multiple utilities to boost them ,hardware intergration Max intergration , I compose whole scores on it regularly and play most of my stuff in by hand.The list goes on.You are either trolling or you win the internet this week for the most inane KVR comment this week.Bravo
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for PHASEPLANT ACE,PREDATOR, SYNPLANT, SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH , PUNCH BD
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and V-Haus Card For Tiptop Audio ONE Module
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:37 pm
Dasheesh wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:38 pm ableton is old now. it's for folks that can't play and rely on prefab beats, and presets.
This is total bollocks.
:tu:

👍🏼
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:37 pm
This is total bollocks.
Yup! :tu:

i'm just buzzed enough to go digging in my cd box for you kids. what's this? (quick, google it!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

a hand?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Sandpaper for your cock?

Dasheesh wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:57 pm i just had a little fun and pulled this out of my long forgotten back up drawer. it was the upgrade that i bought.
Version 1.5!!

I guess that goes some way to explaining your misconceptions about 'Live', and it's users :shrug:
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

keep looping your 4/4 808 beats. i'm sure you will get the attention you deserve one day.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”