Ableton is everywhere...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kinh wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:11 pmWhat evidence do you have to support Ableton is only for millennials or Bitwig is "strong competition" for Ableton?
Bitwig's similarities to Live would be enough for it to be strong competition. Not sure about the "Millennials" issue as I don't know anyone at all who uses Live. But then, I don't know many Millennials either, so maybe there is a correlation?
Do you have the sales stats in front of you to show Bitwig is even closely selling as much as Ableton? I'm not a millennial but I use Ableton.
You obviously don't have much confidence in your choice, given how defensive you are being here.
Or do you just base all your 'knowledge' on the fact you use Cubase and Logic so it must be the most stable. Personally I tried Cubase and it crashed and crashed and crashed.
That's not the sort of "stable" he meant. He meant it's popularity is stable.

Anyway, I've not noticed it at all. If anything, I see it less than Cubase, Logic or Studio One in YT videos. I suppose it depends which videos you watch.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Ableton is everywhere...

It's true ... I've lost count of how many times I've found Ableton in my wallet. UNBELIEVABLE!
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

beatmangler443 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:50 am Have you guys noticed that Ableton is everywhere right now?. . .
They're big in the game. I remember when they were called Smiths and used to make crisps and other tasty snacks.

^ clever. :)

the should do a horror film with ableton as the monster.

it's not just behind you...
its everywhere :o

ableton2 : revenge of the nerd bedroom producer!

vurt wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:25 pm the should do a horror film with ableton as the monster.

it's not just behind you...
its everywhere :o
Or pantomime: “It’s behind you!”

bit much for the kiddies :o
fruity poops for panto.

Lol :lol:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Ableton is an easy DAW with good stock plugins and sounds. It's also available for free on shadier sites and that's how software gets big market share. Kids start with Ableton and stick with it.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:46 am
dupont wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:36 am
tooneba wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:42 pm Reaper is everywhere...
Yes an without marketing forces and hiring artists who let think they use there DAW (even if they use ghost writters who uses another DAW) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oooh, Juicy!! Who do you know that's fronting for Ableton while their ghostwriters are using other Daw?
It is not a secret ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoht05kr4D0

dupont wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:52 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:46 am
dupont wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:36 am
tooneba wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:42 pm Reaper is everywhere...
Yes an without marketing forces and hiring artists who let think they use there DAW (even if they use ghost writters who uses another DAW) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oooh, Juicy!! Who do you know that's fronting for Ableton while their ghostwriters are using other Daw?
It is not a secret ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoht05kr4D0
Perhaps you posted the wrong video by accident. I thought you were going to offer some proof to back up your claim that Ableton endorsees are just a public-face for ghostwriters who use other DAW. Showing that David Guetta mimes some of his performances is not the required proof :tu:

Tux wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:16 pm
beatmangler443 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:50 am Have you guys noticed that Ableton is everywhere right now?. . .
They're big in the game. I remember when they were called Smiths and used to make crisps and other tasty snacks.

Well caught!! Weren't they the brand that had plain crisps with the little blue salt sachet inside?

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:11 pm

Well caught!! Weren't they the brand that had plain crisps with the little blue salt sachet inside?
Yes. I hear they still continue to give them away with boxed copies of Live.

mmm crisps.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:11 pm

I ‘member!

Kids had blood pressure worse than a 90 year old after they poured that bag of salt in them and ate them.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”