Ableton is everywhere...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ponzi scheme? WTF? But it's not my bag, that doesn't mean it's not others, just not my bag.

codec_spurt wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:55 pm
PieBerger wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:06 pm
:clap: great effort! Was it more or less fun and or intuitive than setting it up in Live :)

It was a bit more intuitive to do it in S1, albeit a bit more hassle because of the lack of Drum Racks. This meant that I had to create a separate 'trigger' for each audio loop. No big deal. But a Drum Rack type plugin would have made it easier.

At the end of the day, S1 works to a traditional mixer type paradigm, where as Ableton is a little 'different' shall we say. Both have strengths and weaknesses.

But it was a lot of fun as well and I ended up messing about with ducking, putting FX on inserts, making up different midi trigger patterns, so I really got distracted. In a good way.

The great thing is, anyone can now load up this template and use it. They can change it to whatever they like. Or they can use it to figure out how stuff works if they are a noob.

After a while you just forget what DAW you are in and focus on making music. There's a lot of creative potential with these templates.

Ableton:
More elegant and streamlined and efficient when it is set up. Midi all on one 'Track'.

Studio One:
More logical and easier to set up, but takes longer because it doesn't have Drum Racks.

I'll probably make this template up for Cubase Pro as well. And I think EnergyXT2 would also be very easy.

I probably won't bother with FLStudio and REAPER though. It would be doable, but a bit more hassle. It's not how I tend to use those DAWs anyway.

Having these for just Ableton and Studio One is enough to be going on with!
You should update this too... now you know better!!! 8)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”