Ableton is everywhere...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Back on topic, I use Live. Not perfect, but quicker and easier for my purposes than anything of comparable power.

dupont wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:57 am
pottering wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:32 pm
Extremely weak argument.

Mere insults to people's music.
indeed, your reply is helpful and strong.
Yup, it is.

Because you set the bar extremely low.

dupont wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:02 am
oneway wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:39 pm

As many people have stated, that's a big reason why "Ableton is everywhere". If you don't get it, fine, I'm used to more traditional workflows and mixers so I never clicked with it. I just think it's in poor taste to casually say that people doing more routing in their mixer are coming up with worse musical results. The two have nearly nothing to do with each other.
In my opinion it's also due to a clever marketing strategy. How many tutorials done by pretty sexy girls, i would say 70 %.
How many artists payed to say they use Ableton ?
I know how it works because I have been contacted by a daw compagny to say I use there product.

I also agree, Ableton is currently not my favorite DAW but that it can be for other musicians.
I want to understand why they find it so special.
For me this is frustrating DAW.
This is libel.

I guess to each his own. I find the live's interface simple to use. I just load it, start jamming and then I'll press capture and it's there. It's pretty easy to get something going.

If i wanna do sound design. i load a synth, bunch of effects and just record to another track and then take what I need and put it in a sampler. Just a few clicks to do that.

I find that I do more with very little as opposed to having a huge amount of stuff on screen and just stare at it.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

Again, it's odd. I used to use live as my Riker, then for some reason, it fell out of favor. Now, when I tried "lite" it was functionally correct but not what I wanted.

Go figure, to each their own...........

yes something is odd.

What would Zappa have said????????????

eyeknow!

ableton isn't dead and it doesn't smell funny.

dupont wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:23 am You can do crazy think on Ableton that are technically impressive but who care if the musical result is poor.
I saw a video from an Ableton certified trainier who explained how to cut an audio loop, spread this loop in several tracks, apply different audio effects and audio gate for each track.
What a mess, who would use that in his song ?
I didn’t see the video you are talking about...but wasn’t he just demonstrating HOW to do certain things? Those techniques are used all the time, on songs heard on a radio near you. It’s up to the producer to put the technique into musical context.

tooneba wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:34 am The easiest and most idiot-proof DAW. It is born to be popular.
This, and it's probably the sexiest DAW as well.

No surprise it's the daddy of DAWs.

HitEmTrue wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:02 pm
dupont wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:23 am You can do crazy think on Ableton that are technically impressive but who care if the musical result is poor.
I saw a video from an Ableton certified trainier who explained how to cut an audio loop, spread this loop in several tracks, apply different audio effects and audio gate for each track.
What a mess, who would use that in his song ?
I didn’t see the video you are talking about...but wasn’t he just demonstrating HOW to do certain things? Those techniques are used all the time, on songs heard on a radio near you. It’s up to the producer to put the technique into musical context.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCoWqJtt3fg

X86 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:08 am
tooneba wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:34 am The easiest and most idiot-proof DAW. It is born to be popular.

Ew... if that's your definition of "sexy". ;)

chk071 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:08 am
X86 wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:08 am

Ew... if that's your definition of "sexy". ;)
perhaps because 70 % of live video tutorials ar done by pretty women ?

Wait...Ableton Live? Is that a DAW with a broken PDC?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”