Reason 11 Studio support can take a long time

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Forgotten wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:38 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:05 pm In that eventuality, perhaps try your hand at competitive knitting. Relatively cheap, and no support necessary :shrug:
What happens if you break a needle though? Don’t you have to call somebody?
Breaking a needle?? Pfft! Effin' noob! :roll:

plopseaw wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:12 pm Sorry guys,

I dont meanfully what to make you angry.
No need to apologise. And I don't think that you are making anyone angry. But as frustraing as I'm sure it is, there is no point in getting overly upset!

The company still exists and your music will not die. They seem to be in a period of transition, so you might have to be a bit more patient.

^^
What he said. Sometimes support takes time, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

I get where the OP is coming from but currently you log in, you submit a ticket and you wait. The wait may be a while especially depending on what country you are in (they're Swedish, their on holiday most of the time :hihi: )

Double upgrade on the same license?

It looks like a simple issue from a the point of view of a user, but it may be complex from a technical point of view. I'm sure they are taking your issue seriously, but it probably takes specialized people to analyze what happened. In my opinion, this is not something that could be handled by a first level operator.
Also, they probably have a peak in support requests, as usual after a major release (this holds true on every field).

I'm just speculating, I don't know what's actually going on at Reason Studios, I just draw from my everyday experience as programmer in a support team (although on the insurance field).

By the way, as a general rule, opening duplicate tickets doesn't work, because a skilled support team is good at recognizing them and marking them as such (you don't get more chances to be served sooner by opening more tickets for the very same issue). Actually, it just adds overhead.
If you need to raise the priority of a ticket, you may add a remainder to the original ticket (if the ticketing system has this feature)... Of course it has to be used in a sensible way (adding frequent remainders probably won't be of much help); priority is raised if there's room to do so.

You may need to have patience for a while, but Reason Studios is a serious company and will sort your issue for sure.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Over 24hrs and no response, not even sure they are working on it as I have no communication from them.

Sorry for opening three tickets but it not clear where to claim(purchase, license, support). But still no answer, perhaps Ive lost my 500 Euro. Should I go ahead and download anyway and hope for the best?

I really wanted to use my Reason license again but this looks like a disastster for me

BTW I already added a comment to my tickets hopefully raising the pritoty but still nothing

Via this thread, TIL that Propellerhead changed their name to the completely non-unique “Reason Studios”. It’s already hard as shit to find info online about Reason through search engines due to the extremely common word used as the product name.

I assume this is another change brought on by the outside investors...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Well it is not a 500e loss. Maybe half that, since you DID want to upgrade. The store front-end likely goes through another system. Until they can reconcile both transactions there is probably not much more that can happen.

In reality, like with most internet type stores, they have not seen the money yet. Give it a day or two to settle down. Cancel all but one ticket. Make sure to include all items, transaction numbers etc to them. Additionally, you may be able to go to Paypal and argue the transaction.

I see no reason why you cannot go ahead and download and start using one of the licenses (you say you have two in your account?).

plopseaw wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:10 pm Over 24hrs and no response, not even sure they are working on it as I have no communication from them.
:dog:
you should really change the thread title.

or delete the thread.

seriously.

Noticed some of the old propellerheads links in search results not working due to the url change, but sites like WayBackMachine probably have it archived so you should find any help link needed that way. Quite sure some of the old Rebirth forum is still a thing ;)
Nova II, FL20+Fire, Sytrus, Transistor Bass, DUNE 3, Thorn, Viper, ANA 2 SynthMaster, Discovery Pro, Reason, SugarBytes, SoundToys, LION, TRIAD, Plugin-Alliance, T-Racks, AmpliTube, MODO Drum/Bass, iZotope MPS 2.
One Day: FLEXXX, Alpha Forever, Diversion 2

Still not a peep from the Propeller heads.

Ill gladly change the title once I have an answer from them. But it would be simple for them to reverse the transaction a matter of minutes.

3 days and counting.

Jace-BeOS wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:09 am Via this thread, TIL that Propellerhead changed their name to the completely non-unique “Reason Studios”. It’s already hard as shit to find info online about Reason through search engines due to the extremely common word used as the product name.
Hmm... good point actually, didn't think of that. "Propellerhead Reason" was at least quite a good search term. Reason Studios? Well, not so... guess you find loads of "10 Reasons to master in professional Studios", or similar stuff now.

chk071 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:58 pm
Jace-BeOS wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:09 am Via this thread, TIL that Propellerhead changed their name to the completely non-unique “Reason Studios”. It’s already hard as shit to find info online about Reason through search engines due to the extremely common word used as the product name.
Hmm... good point actually, didn't think of that. "Propellerhead Reason" was at least quite a good search term. Reason Studios? Well, not so... guess you find loads of "10 Reasons to master in professional Studios", or similar stuff now.
Exactly what happens when I do searches. Even less relevant stuff comes up, too (non-music related, like “10 reasons to love studio apartments”). Yeah, I could go to Reason forums in specific, but web search engines are completely defeated here. Hell, lots of forums explicitly exclude certain words or word lengths, including the very name of the product the forum is for(!!), so even going to a forum and doing a search is a PITA.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Why not use "Reason Studio" instead of Reason Studio when searching, and you won't get "10 reasons...studio.." results?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”