Roland Zenbeats

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm surprised there hasn't been more on this..even if it was to say people don't like it. I was thinking of trying the free version on my PC (I don't use mobile apps for music making) but after this I don't think I'll bother.

https://sonicstate.com/news/2020/01/17/ ... ation-app/

anyone having a better experience with it?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

I haven’t used it since it was Stagelight, but it was missing some stuff like a tempo track, audio editing, etc. I liked the concept and interface, but it was too rudimentary for me. But by all means, decide for yourself. It may have developed.

Another two years passed without any posts on this?! Doesn‘t seem to be too widely used.

I got it for free as an original Stagelight user, but I had already moved on to Ableton Live. I did install it to see how it handled older Stagelight projects but was having some issues and never used it again.

Tried it on my mobile a while back when I had the Jupiter XM. I thought this was fantastic and complemented the lack of sequencer on the hardware perfectly.

Now there is Zenbeats 3 that I have downloaded on my PC. I am trying to get to a simplest possible DAW for composing and tracking.

Recently attempted to use Live, Bitwig, FL Studio etc but they are overwhelming I don't have the patience now. I use Mulab in general and want to look at alternatives.

ZB 3 seems like the best contender as it has all the Roland mojo and can support VSTi and audio tracks.

Ran it yesterday. It has a few bugs but nothing major I believe the community is working with Roland.

Pretty sure I will buy this one (the first step up unlock package) as it is quite affordable.

Having a great time with ZB 3. Updates have been flowing and it's working pretty good so far.

I really appreciate the simplicity and powerful at the same time. The workflow is perfect for me.

Using the first step up (unlock version). It's quite affordable for what it does really and can load VST's (Vst2, vst3).

It is a very nice sequencer and perfect for making new tracks from scratch.

There are quite a few Roland sounds that are included from drum machines to synths and romplers.

Its really a good deal, really.

How is this not listed elsewhere on kvr is a mystery..

It does come with a good library of Roland sounds. The ZC-1 synth is fairly basic however it comes with MFX which are really from the Boss effects. The drum sampler(New in V3) is as good as any others and has 808 and 909 samples it also comes with a basic Sampler. The Clip launcher and sequencer are highly useful. The full version at 2.99 a month unlocks all the sounds and samples of which covers the pretty much the full Roland set New and Old and.... it works on most if not all platforms barring Linux(for now).

right now it is becoming my prime DAW for it's supreme simplicity, once you get a grip on it, it will get a grip on those seeking hassle free music making. Doh, the shill shows itself....

What do you think of the included effects? For me a simple UX and multi platform sounds like something incredibly interesting. I‘m getting more and more into iOS music apps. But then good internal effects are very important if you don‘t want to render everything before changing platform.

TVbene wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:24 pm What do you think of the included effects? For me a simple UX and multi platform sounds like something incredibly interesting. I‘m getting more and more into iOS music apps. But then good internal effects are very important if you don‘t want to render everything before changing platform.
The effects are based on the Boss Roland algorythm set. The UI's are pretty basic however they are workable. Great thing is, you can share presets from Zen core to ZC-1. Hammer out your idea's on your phone and pad then transfer to your desktop version or cloud for finishing touch's using plugins(Vst and AU) to tweak to your hearts content,

hope that helps.

CTStump wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:35 pm
The effects are based on the Boss Roland algorythm set. The UI's are pretty basic however they are workable. Great thing is, you can share presets from Zen core to ZC-1. Hammer out your idea's on your phone and pad then transfer to your desktop version or cloud for finishing touch's using plugins(Vst and AU) to tweak to your hearts content,

hope that helps.
Thanks for the response. Yeah they could really improve the GUI of the effects while still keeping things simple. I played around with the free iOS version and liked v3 a lot. Most things I wanted to do worked immediately without a manual/tutorial. If they keep on developing this way that‘s really going to be a unique DAW! Maybe Zenbeats lacks marketing a bit, you really don’t hear a lot about it.

Seems like they do real overview and tutorial videos now instead of these 5 second clips...
Looks like the first video of a series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmUuyOYch0M

It seems they got a lot going with V3. I can even use my ASIO soundcard under Win11 and VST3 instruments! And it works nicely on touch based devices (iPad and Surface)!!!

"Bühnenlicht beenden"... *lol* and that even at V3 - how thoroughly unprofessional.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

FF8EB377-9031-498F-BF57-A4528F365382.jpeg
This screenshot is from V3 so no more Bühnenlicht . Maybe you better brush up your knowledge before posting bs.... :roll: :roll: :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

V3.something is the only version of that toy I tried so far thus I am certainly not talking about an older version - so kindly piss off with your sad rolling eyes emoticons, dimwit.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”