Roland Zenbeats

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sooooo looks like Roland joined the DAW world...

https://www.roland.com/us/products/zenbeats/

Seems interesting...

That video has to be the most lacklustre intro to a product that I think I have ever seen. 😬

😬!

It’s Stagelight under a different name with some Roland drum samples added!

Yup.

https://www.magneticmag.com/2019/09/rol ... -zenbeats/

"The acquisition of Open Labs' award-winning Stagelight app serves as the foundation for Roland Zenbeats"

demo requires that you create a Roland Backstage account on opening screen. uninstall.

When you read the same marketing flood for the 100th time... :smack:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

WotEva wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:23 am That video has to be the most lacklustre intro to a product that I think I have ever seen. 😬
I woz like "Datz da dope man!".

Anyway, maybe some dubstep beats would have raised the lust. :P
DJ Warmonger wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:13 am When you read the same marketing flood for the 100th time... :smack:
IKR?

I bought Stagelight at one point because I thought it was kinda neat, so apparently I own Zenbeats. But I hate the name "Zenbeats", so...

Does it come with Roland synths? It's a no buy if not.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I actually thought Stagelight had huge potential. At one point it was only $10. I really liked the interface, but it was missing some basic things like tempo changes and any sort of audio editing. If Roland adds stuff like that, it could be a very nice simple app for things other than beat-making, which it was always quite good it, within its limits.

toddbooster wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:51 am Yup.

https://www.magneticmag.com/2019/09/rol ... -zenbeats/

"The acquisition of Open Labs' award-winning Stagelight app serves as the foundation for Roland Zenbeats"
Man, talk about regurgitating a press release... Could've just linked to Roland's site. Hope they do better with this than they did with Cakewalk.

Played with this for a few minutes. The UI is a confusing mess, not to mention an eyesore. Needs a lot of work (probably a teardown and total rebuild, honestly), but I'm not sure Roland is the right company to do it. All the other Roland apps I've used on iOS are amateur junk.
Stormchild

I always thought stagelight was promising but didn't like how many limitations it had

with the recent updates to zenbeats its actually becoming rlly great as far as iphone daws go (cant speak to ipad) midi out, hosting midi plugins other bug fixes, I'm actually optimistic as it seems roland has rolled these fixes out pretty actively~in the last few weeks since intial rebranding they've been able to bridge a lot of gaps left in stagelight

if they can add tempo change support (multiple tempos in one song) and audiobus support + AUM style midi routing....and maybe a way to preview sound files while browsing in the import menu... this would be very good

Arashi wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:21 am Played with this for a few minutes. The UI is a confusing mess, not to mention an eyesore. Needs a lot of work (probably a teardown and total rebuild, honestly), but I'm not sure Roland is the right company to do it. All the other Roland apps I've used on iOS are amateur junk.
I couldn’t disagree more on the looks and interface. Just too many basics missing for me.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”