Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

EnochLight wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:05 am Links? It would really help if we could get in on this conversation, is all...

As I said, shit works as expected in Studio One 4.5 for me. So I guess I'm some guy that did a quick test and find that it's false. :party:
Nah - you're more of a guy with fanboy tendencies and a one sided pro-Reason agenda, who also doesn't know how to test, lol. :D

Anosou wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:06 pm Looking into this a bit further, it seems the Reason Rack Plugin Effect version is not reporting latency correctly at all. The instrument version does (+64 samples). Really very sorry about this! We're working hard to fix it.
Really hope that it'll also take into account the latency across devices as well, not just the total latency :tu:
On an unrelated note, do you guys have plans for the sample editor to be available in the plugin? Without it the sampler devices become quite useless :(

keyxmusic wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:47 pm On an unrelated note, do you guys have plans for the sample editor to be available in the plugin? Without it the sampler devices become quite useless :(
Yes, these devices were quite useless in the first four versions of Reason. :roll: :wink:

It would be nice if you could drag & drop audio files from the DAW or at least from the explorer.

My workflow omitted most sampling within Reason -- sample work (anything significant) in Reason is just so poorly thought-out and a pain to work with - most freeware and/or open source does a far more efficient job.

I don't believe core devices will be getting updated in the near future or even beyond, I wouldn't plan on anything of the sort. We'll see functionality though, so perhaps drag and drop, but definitely midi out and other standardized things people would pretty much expect out of any plugin.
Have you tried Vital?

davidvilla wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:18 pm Nah - you're more of a guy with fanboy tendencies and a one sided pro-Reason agenda,
Naaaa - that's just you making shit up. :lol:
davidvilla wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:18 pm who also doesn't know how to test, lol. :D
I'll give you that - I missed it. It just wasn't affecting any of the stuff I was doing in Studio One, so.. there's that. :dog:

Anyway, good the issue is found and I'm sure it'll be fixed. Then I can get back to being a fanboy who clearly gets under your skin very easily. :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:20 pm Anyway, good the issue is found and I'm sure it'll be fixed. Then I can get back to being a fanboy who clearly gets under your skin very easily. :lol:
I know! You even made me log on to KVR. Couldn't help it - it was such an easy shot to take. :hihi:

davidvilla wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:26 pm
EnochLight wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:20 pm Anyway, good the issue is found and I'm sure it'll be fixed. Then I can get back to being a fanboy who clearly gets under your skin very easily. :lol:
I know! You even made me log on to KVR. Couldn't help it - it was such an easy shot to take. :hihi:
:party: :tu: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Psuper wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:14 pm My workflow omitted most sampling within Reason -- sample work (anything significant) in Reason is just so poorly thought-out and a pain to work with - most freeware and/or open source does a far more efficient job.
The reason I hope they let us use the sample editor in the plugin is to edit samples that come with Refills. For external samples I totally agree that there are much more capable tools out there.

Psuper wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:14 pm sample work (anything significant) in Reason is just so poorly thought-out and a pain to work with - most freeware and/or open source does a far more efficient job.
Curious - are you talking about sample editing (which, admittedly, is super basic), or the process of actually sampling? I used find actually sampling in Reason is one of the easiest implementations out there. Well, it was until I bought an MPC Live... :lol:

EnochLight wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:12 pm
Psuper wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:14 pm sample work (anything significant) in Reason is just so poorly thought-out and a pain to work with - most freeware and/or open source does a far more efficient job.
Curious - are you talking about sample editing (which, admittedly, is super basic), or the process of actually sampling? I used find actually sampling in Reason is one of the easiest implementations out there. Well, it was until I bought an MPC Live... :lol:
Editing. Anything can be recorded easy enough in any app. Editing however (which is the bulk of sample work)... not only basic in Reason, but is counter-intuitive and anything but efficient or enjoyable.
Have you tried Vital?

n/m, no need to feed :lol:

Psuper wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:19 pm Editing. Anything can be recorded easy enough in any app. Editing however (which is the bulk of sample work)... not only basic in Reason, but is counter-intuitive and anything but efficient or enjoyable.
I totally agree - sample editing is about as simplistic as it gets.

Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:25 pm https://youtu.be/EaTrDiSM00s
Can’t wait to see how many SJW’s get offended by this video.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully all... Its hilarious...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”