Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

Some guy said he did a quick test and found out it’s true, no more details. I just wanna know if it’s true before I buy.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:47 am Some guy said he did a quick test and found out it’s true, no more details. I just wanna know if it’s true before I buy.
Links? It would really help if we could get in on this conversation, is all...

As I said, shit works as expected in Studio One 4.5 for me. So I guess I'm some guy that did a quick test and find that it's false. :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Don't dismiss it so easily, EnochLight. RS has received several reports about it and they're looking into it. Apparently there's an additional 64 samples of latency that's not reported.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:37 am Don't dismiss it so easily, EnochLight. RS has received several reports about it and they're looking into it. Apparently there's an additional 64 samples of latency that's not reported.
I'm not dismissing it - you misunderstand. I'm just trying to get a link to the conversation so I can get more info. :party:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... ble-4.html

Read the posts of Studio Saturn.

I asked Jef Gibbons on YouTube to do a test and he confirmed there's something not right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRCwqdkorSA

Not trying to bash Reason 11. I still have a soft spot for Reason even though I probably won't be using it myself anymore. I don't agree with all changes from 10 to 11 and I have my thoughts about non-transferable Rack Extensions, but I like the idea of the Reason Rack plugin and I hope it will be successful.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:13 am https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... ble-4.html

Read the posts of Studio Saturn.

I asked Jef Gibbons on YouTube to do a test and he confirmed there's something not right.

youtube.com/watch?v=fRCwqdkorSA
Awesome - thanks!

*EDIT: all I read was Studio Saturn and Smallworld ranting about a "Reason sound" and that RS is unprofessional. Studio Saturn says he recreated the issue in Studio One, but I have Studio One and don't seem to be having the same issue. He didn't offer to share song files or explain how he's arriving to the issue, so it's a little hard to understand what they're going on about (aside from ranting). Also, doesn't seem to have any love for KVR. :lol:

:D

But where there's smoke...

Have you tried one track with and one track without the Reason Rack plugin as insert to see if there's any difference (out of sync)? Also at which frequency are you working in Studio One? If I understand correctly the higher the sample rate, the shorter those 64 samples will be.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:32 am :D

Have you tried one track with and one track without the Reason Rack plugin as insert to see if there's any difference (out of sync)? Also at which frequency are you working in Studio One? If I understand correctly the higher the sample rate, the shorter those 64 samples will be.
Reason Rack Plugin does indeed report latency, but as stated in this thread there's an additional 64 samples of delay (1.45 milliseconds on 44.1kHz) not reported at the moment. This is a bug and something we're looking to fix ASAP. For most use cases it won't matter, but it means a parallel channel won't phase cancel for example. Sorry about this, but we're working hard to make Reason Rack Plugin as good as can be!
Last edited by Anosou on Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:tu:

Anosou wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:41 am

Reason Rack Plugin does indeed report latency, but as stated in this thread there's an additional 64 samples of delay not reported at the moment. This is a bug and something we're looking to fix ASAP. For most use cases it won't matter, but it means a parallel channel won't phase cancel for example. Sorry about this, but we're working hard to make Reason Rack Plugin as good as can be!
Thank you!

Anosou wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:41 am

Reason Rack Plugin does indeed report latency, but as stated in this thread there's an additional 64 samples of delay not reported at the moment. This is a bug and something we're looking to fix ASAP. For most use cases it won't matter, but it means a parallel channel won't phase cancel for example. Sorry about this, but we're working hard to make Reason Rack Plugin as good as can be!
Thanks Mattias!

Looking into this a bit further, it seems the Reason Rack Plugin Effect version is not reporting latency correctly at all. The instrument version does (+64 samples). Really very sorry about this! We're working hard to fix it.

Anosou wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:06 pm Looking into this a bit further, it seems the Reason Rack Plugin Effect version is not reporting latency correctly at all. The instrument version does (+64 samples). Really very sorry about this! We're working hard to fix it.
We've no doubt it will be fixed. It seemed that might be the case however no one else was mentioning it at the time, so I just put on my patience purchase finger and waited. Plus I would have just been skewered by the mob for even mentioning something might not be perfect in Reasonworld :o

Then focus on the proper midi out implementation - it currently renders all those wonderful midi fx devices useless to the host.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:25 pm
Anosou wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:06 pm Looking into this a bit further, it seems the Reason Rack Plugin Effect version is not reporting latency correctly at all. The instrument version does (+64 samples). Really very sorry about this! We're working hard to fix it.
We've no doubt it will be fixed. It seemed that might be the case however no one else was mentioning it at the time, so I just put on my patience purchase finger and waited. Plus I would have just been skewered by the mob for even mentioning something might not be perfect in Reasonworld :o

Then focus on the proper midi out implementation - it currently renders all those wonderful midi fx devices useless to the host.
. . . . and then scalability/Hi-DPI display capability, please :).

bharris22 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:44 pm
Psuper wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:25 pm

. . . . and then scalability/Hi-DPI display capability, please :).
Those are very sane things for us to be working on, I can tell you that at least :party:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”