Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

Danilo Villanova wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:33 pm Guess not. It made sense for Props to withhold the license but hopefully they’ll reconsider now.
You can use Reason standalone to Bounce Clip to Rex Loop and then load the file in the Rack plugin, I assume.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:38 pm From the Reason 11 Rack Plugin manual:
If you activate "Select Slice Via MIDI", you can select and "play" slices using your MIDI keyboard. Slices are always mapped to consecutive semitone steps, with the first slice always being on the "C1" key.
Thanks!

Guess I’ll just have to use Reason to create them.

I wonder if you can have Reason standalone open at the same time (on another screen) and drag & drop then.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:56 pm I wonder if you can have Reason standalone open at the same time (on another screen) and drag & drop then.
now, that would be insanely cool.

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:56 pm I wonder if you can have Reason standalone open at the same time (on another screen) and drag & drop then.
No.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:10 pm
No.
yeah, having two DAWS open, sharing the same ASIO drivers is complicated. If you manage to do it using Jack audio or something like that you could save the REX files and then open them from your main DAW. Still a hassle.

Hopefully Reason Studios will work on a more elegant solution but I guess there's still a lot to improve on the plugin.

future-bit wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:59 am
krankyone wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:53 am I just got Reason 11 Suite and I can't find Klang, Pangea, or Humana. The website says it's a part of the Suite, but they don't show up in my account. Everything else seems to be there. Are they part of some other RE or are the separate REs that for some reason I didn't get?
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -and-later
Thanks - that worked. I'm only using the rack plugin in Live, not the standalone. These libraries did not show up in my account on the website. But now they are loading. Thanks again.
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

Anybody have any issues with delay compensation not working in their DAW with the Reason Rack ? seems some are having a repeatable issue on GS.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:39 pm Anybody have any issues with delay compensation not working in their DAW with the Reason Rack ? seems some are having a repeatable issue on GS.
I just read through the thread in question. Apparently someone found that the plugin doesn’t report plugin delay to the host. He tried it in Patchwork and Studio One with same results. That means instruments will be out of sync and using insert or send will cause phasing problems. Can anyone confirm?

That would be huge and a BIG nono from the artist formally known as the props. The tackled it in their host a while back and they know how important it is.

I haven't upgraded to 11 yet -- it seemed apparent in the beta but I don't go all out anymore with testing and couldn't be certain -- my best move was to wait and see. Regardless, I expect it to be fixed rather quickly as its a real shiner of a blemish, followed up with better proper midi implementation to the host.
Have you tried Vital?

PDC works fine for me in Studio One. Reason Plugin reports its latency as expected.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:09 am PDC works fine for me in Studio One. Reason Plugin reports its latency as expected.

Did you check both the FX and the instrument versions? For me in Cubase 10, the instrument version reports its latency correctly even with lots of processing on it, but the FX version doesn't

The manual says:

“About Plugin Delay Compensation
There is no delay compensation made in the internal device routings of the Reason Rack Plugin instance itself. However, the summed delay in the signal chain to the Main Outputs 1-2 is reported to the host DAW, to allow for delay
compensation against other tracks or channels.”

Does that mean that Reason devices will be out of sync with each other?

Also, someone in reasontalk says it’s true (about the plugin not reporting pdc to the host).

Danilo Villanova wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:06 am The manual says:

“About Plugin Delay Compensation
There is no delay compensation made in the internal device routings of the Reason Rack Plugin instance itself. However, the summed delay in the signal chain to the Main Outputs 1-2 is reported to the host DAW, to allow for delaycompensation against other tracks or channels.”

Does that mean that Reason devices will be out of sync with each other?

Also, someone in reasontalk says it’s true (about the plugin not reporting pdc to the host).
From the manual you quoted:
However, the summed delay in the signal chain to the Main Outputs 1-2 is reported to the host DAW, to allow for delay compensation against other tracks or channels
This is, by definition, PDC and how one would expect it to work with any plugin in any DAW, as far as I can tell. Also, where is someone saying it doesn't work at Reasontalk? Share the link - maybe we can find out more information.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”