Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

I’m really tempted to get the Intro version. Seems like a lot of value for $100 just as a collection of drum machines, synths and effects. Even the old synths like Thor and Subtractor might get some use here as Cakewalk’s built-in oversampling can breathe new life into them. But the Reason rack is more than the sum of its parts and I really like the idea of having super complex instrument/fx chains with all of the controls for each plugin in just one window...

Anybody got the Intro version? Is it worth it as much as I think?

Danilo Villanova wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:53 pm I’m really tempted to get the Intro version. Seems like a lot of value for $100 just as a collection of drum machines, synths and effects. Even the old synths like Thor and Subtractor might get some use here as Cakewalk’s built-in oversampling can breathe new life into them. But the Reason rack is more than the sum of its parts and I really like the idea of having super complex instrument/fx chains with all of the controls for each plugin in just one window...

Reason has always been great value to the new customer, not so much for upgraders. If you never had Reason before, Intro is an astounding deal in so many ways its silly.
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:21 pm
Danilo Villanova wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:53 pm I’m really tempted to get the Intro version. Seems like a lot of value for $100 just as a collection of drum machines, synths and effects. Even the old synths like Thor and Subtractor might get some use here as Cakewalk’s built-in oversampling can breathe new life into them. But the Reason rack is more than the sum of its parts and I really like the idea of having super complex instrument/fx chains with all of the controls for each plugin in just one window...

Reason has always been great value to the new customer, not so much for upgraders. If you never had Reason before, Intro is an astounding deal in so many ways its silly.
Yeah, I mean I would pay $99 (actually $72 if I buy from Thomann since my country doesn’t charge tax from international software purchases) just for the drum machine... or just the reverb... or just...

I would like to know if the drums and samplers come with all of the sample content.

What about the drum and loop supply from R10?

Also, can you sample straight into the samplers in the vst?

I would really appreciate any input.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:53 pm ...Anybody got the Intro version? Is it worth it as much as I think?
it is ;D.
theres hardly a better drum synths for 79Euros out there. maybe some on sales, like microtonic comes close. and you get THREE, redrum rytmik and kong. kong comes with a ton of kits with very good soundquality imo.

just a fast count on the fly:
kong
over 30 808 drumkits
i guess 100(?) of kong kits
samples etc...

redrum
10 housekits
15 peff 808s
20 folders with 3-10 or more kits or so
asf

rytmik
36 drumkits

dr octo rex
europa
thor
subTractor
Monotone
nn xt Sampler
nn 19 sampler

10 or so effects
etc
if thats not enough...i dont know

anttimaatteri wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:56 pm
Danilo Villanova wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:53 pm ...Anybody got the Intro version? Is it worth it as much as I think?
it is ;D.
theres hardly a better drum synths for 79Euros out there. maybe some on sales, like microtonic comes close. and you get THREE, redrum rytmik and kong. kong comes with a ton of kits with very good soundquality imo.

just a fast count on the fly:
kong
over 30 808 drumkits
i guess 100(?) of kong kits
samples etc...

redrum
10 housekits
15 peff 808s
20 folders with 3-10 or more kits or so
asf

rytmik
36 drumkits

dr octo rex
europa
thor
subTractor
Monotone
nn xt Sampler
nn 19 sampler

10 or so effects
etc
if thats not enough...i dont know
I’m sold!

Europa included with intro? That's worth it right there. Terrific synth.

Just upgraded to Suite. All the new toys will be fun. Going to test the plugin aspect soon.

reggie1979 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:15 am Europa included with intro? That's worth it right there. Terrific synth.
Yes. Europa is included with Intro.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail ... 6QQAvD_BwE
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

I just got Reason 11 Suite and I can't find Klang, Pangea, or Humana. The website says it's a part of the Suite, but they don't show up in my account. Everything else seems to be there. Are they part of some other RE or are the separate REs that for some reason I didn't get?
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

krankyone wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:53 am I just got Reason 11 Suite and I can't find Klang, Pangea, or Humana. The website says it's a part of the Suite, but they don't show up in my account. Everything else seems to be there. Are they part of some other RE or are the separate REs that for some reason I didn't get?
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... -and-later

I was wondering about Dr. Octo Rex's integration with the DAW in the Rack Plugin.

I saw that you can't drag MIDI from it to the sequencer like you can in Reason. But can you drag a loop from the DAW to create a REX loop? It would be extremely disappointing if you couldn't.

Danilo Villanova wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:56 pm I was wondering about Dr. Octo Rex's integration with the DAW in the Rack Plugin.

I saw that you can't drag MIDI from it to the sequencer like you can in Reason. But can you drag a loop from the DAW to create a REX loop? It would be extremely disappointing if you couldn't.
As far as I know it's purely a Rex file player. It doesn't create Rex files itself. Are there DAWs other than Reason that can create Rex files?

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:08 pm
Danilo Villanova wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:56 pm I was wondering about Dr. Octo Rex's integration with the DAW in the Rack Plugin.

As far as I know it's purely a Rex file player. It doesn't create Rex files itself. Are there DAWs other than Reason that can create Rex files?
Yeah, as far as I know, Reason DAW proper (and obviously ReCycle) are the only two ways you can create REX files. But you're right, Dr. Octo just works as a rex file player in Reason Plugin, and the only way to access said rex files are through Reason Plugin's browser. That said, just as long as you point Reason Plugin's browser to the location you have any rex files, they can be dragged and dropped to Dr. Octo inside of Reason Plugin when running in any DAW (as expected).
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Lotuz2019 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:08 pm

Guess not. It made sense for Props to withhold the license but hopefully they’ll reconsider now.

Can you at least trigger the different slices using MIDI from your DAW?

From the Reason 11 Rack Plugin manual:
If you activate "Select Slice Via MIDI", you can select and "play" slices using your MIDI keyboard. Slices are always mapped to consecutive semitone steps, with the first slice always being on the "C1" key.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”