Reason 11 announced!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

bharris22 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:02 pm I have Reason 10, and have been looking to upgrade to Reason 11 for the sole purpose of using the Rack VST with all of my Rack Extensions, older refills, etc. However, the upgrade price has been stuck around $129 (a little less at JRR and others). I see that there is a 50% off offer on Reason 11 Intro, which comes with the Rack VST. Is there any "reason" why I should not buy Intro at this price for the VST capability and wait for a later sale on the upgrade to full Reason 11?
The only "reason" I can see to hold off is if the new MIDI OUT feature they are working on will be included in all versions. If so, Intro 11 is perfect if you just want to use the Rack VST.

EDIT:
Just read about ENochlight's post about the the regular version being on sale for $116. If that's the case, it might be worth it to just pay a few extra bucks and get the main version instead of the Intro. That price is lower than any of the upgrade prices that you'll find available.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

EnochLight wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:25 pm
bharris22 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:02 pm I have Reason 10, and have been looking to upgrade to Reason 11 for the sole purpose of using the Rack VST with all of my Rack Extensions, older refills, etc. However, the upgrade price has been stuck around $129 (a little less at JRR and others). I see that there is a 50% off offer on Reason 11 Intro, which comes with the Rack VST. Is there any "reason" why I should not buy Intro at this price for the VST capability and wait for a later sale on the upgrade to full Reason 11?
The full upgrade to 11 is currently $116.10 USD at JRR, so the better question to ask is: would paying $67 more over that 50% off of Intro be worth getting all of the additional stock instruments and effects, as well as have unlimited access to your older refills (as some devices are not included in Intro that those refills will need)?

I wouldn’t hold your breath for the upgrade to go on sale anytime soon, and if it does - you’re likely looking at $99 USD at best. So is $16.10 really worth holding out for? I spend more on lunch.
Thanks for this information. In my case, the answer is clear - no. Buying Reason 11 Intro gives me access to all my REs and almost all of my refills through the VST for less than half of the current upgrade price to Reason 11 (which I don't really plan to use as a standalone DAW). Personally, the value proposition between Reason 11 Intro v. Reason 11 is skewed - there is significantly more value in Intro.

bharris22 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:02 pm I see that there is a 50% off offer on Reason 11 Intro
Where did you see that?

Right here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=517113&start=390

INTROSAVE50. I just used it, and it worked :).

So did I. Reason 11 Intro for less than €40 is incredible value for money. :tu:

bharris22 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:59 pm Right here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=517113&start=390

Just found these
Synapse RE Collection for $ 49 (SYNAPSERE100 coupon)https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... Wcd9KB8SFI
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Even with discounts, I’m still waiting for a properly sized UI. I’m interested in having Reason’s rack in Logic, but not tiny and hard to look at on even an older iMac without Retina display.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

reusenoise wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:09 pm
bharris22 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:59 pm Right here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=517113&start=390

Just found these
Synapse RE Collection for $ 49 (SYNAPSERE100 coupon)https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/bund ... Wcd9KB8SFI
Yep, got that one, too (I already had The Legend, so was eligible for the coupon) :).

bharris22 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:14 pm Personally, the value proposition between Reason 11 Intro v. Reason 11 is skewed - there is significantly more value in Intro.
Is it? Really, I disagree.

For $67 more, you get 24 more devices over Intro:
  • Grain Sample Manipulator (worth $67 by itself IMHO)
  • Malström Graintable Synthesizer
  • Radical Piano Advanced Acoustic Piano
  • Klang Tuned Percussion
  • Pangea World Instruments
  • Humana Vocal Ensemble
  • Sweeper Modulation Effect
  • Quartet Chorus Ensemble
  • Synchronous Effect Modulator
  • The Echo
  • Pulveriser Demolition Unit
...among many others. But I realize money is relative, etc. To me, that amount of money for the things you get in return is a no-brainer.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

bharris22 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:14 pm Buying Reason 11 Intro gives me access to all my REs and almost all of my refills through the VST for less than half of the current upgrade price to Reason 11
Important point. If Refill contains devices that are not (for example, UN-16 Unison, PEQ-2 or RV-7), then Refill will not work (it will not even open). This is the biggest limitation of Intro.

EnochLight wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:57 am
bharris22 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:14 pm Personally, the value proposition between Reason 11 Intro v. Reason 11 is skewed - there is significantly more value in Intro.
Is it? Really, I disagree.

For $67 more, you get 24 more devices over Intro:
  • Grain Sample Manipulator (worth $67 by itself IMHO)
  • Malström Graintable Synthesizer
  • Radical Piano Advanced Acoustic Piano
  • Klang Tuned Percussion
  • Pangea World Instruments
  • Humana Vocal Ensemble
  • Sweeper Modulation Effect
  • Quartet Chorus Ensemble
  • Synchronous Effect Modulator
  • The Echo
  • Pulveriser Demolition Unit
...among many others. But I realize money is relative, etc. To me, that amount of money for the things you get in return is a no-brainer.
Only if you're going to use those extra devices. Otherwise it's waisted money. :wink:

So I got Intro (for the Rack plugin) and the Synapse collection (mainly for The Legend) for next to nothing.

Thanks for the links and codes guys :tu:

Grum.

Grumbleweed wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:30 am So I got Intro (for the Rack plugin) and the Synapse collection (mainly for The Legend) for next to nothing.

Grum.
These ! with around 80 euro I'v got Intro+Legend+Antidote+many more top notch Synapse stuff...Best Xmas gift :D
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

Yup, just gone Intro + Kompulsion + Noise Engineering 2, all on sale.

Kompulsion seems to be the "missing sequencer" I was hunting for in the Reason Demo.

reusenoise wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:49 am
Grumbleweed wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:30 am So I got Intro (for the Rack plugin) and the Synapse collection (mainly for The Legend) for next to nothing.

Grum.
These ! with around 80 euro I'v got Intro+Legend+Antidote+many more top notch Synapse stuff...Best Xmas gift :D
You can get even more! Free crossgrade The Legend RE -> The Legend VST. It is necessary to write in support of Synapse and write the order number and your Reason Studios data. I have already received the serial number. Quickly answered!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”