Ableton "some plug-ins could not be loaded and are disabled"

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Occasionally when im working on projects with friends i get "some plug-ins could not be loaded and are disabled" even though those plugins are installed and working fine. i can even drag the vst and it opens in the project (but without the settings that the person has on the other end that im sharing the project with).. Sometimes its fab filter plugins, sometimes sylenth, sometimes serum, sometimes izotpe... all i can really guess as to whats happening is that their mac users and im pc so they have a different plug-in folder or that their using 32 bit plugins and im on 64 bit plugins.. as you can see from the pic attached i have fab filter plugins installed and working fine but on opening the project they arent loading with the project.... any ideas?

Probably because the plugin can't be found. The 32 bit plugins usually have different file names, but the plugin folder shouldn't matter as that's set in Live, not in the data from the saved sets.

i tried renaming the file to match the file name thats showing as disabled and its still not opening.

Can be due to licensing issues as well. Also, as a Mac user, they could have used Audio Unit (AU) versions of the same plugins rather than VST. In that case it's not actually the "same" plugin.

bassline22 wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:23 am i tried renaming the file to match the file name thats showing as disabled and its still not opening.
It's not really the same plugin though, so it's not the file Live would be expecting. I would guess it would be expecting a 64-bit addressing system and finding what it considers to be garbage in the 32-bit files

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”