VST plugins not showing up in Darkwave studios

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have all my VST plugins in a folder called 'VST plugins' but when I create the VST path, non of the plugins show up. This is in DarkWave studios btw

are you really her?
do you know of a ryan gable?

do the vsts show up in any other host?

I'm not her, just a fan sorry, and no they don't

no worries. hes a nutter, conspiracy bloke who mentioned her.

as for the vsts, is the folder hidden or has any security access?
are any of the files in there "dll" type?

32-bit or 64-bit version of DWS? 32-bit or 64-bit plugins?
Compatibility
If you have a 64-bit system you may wish to use the 64-bit version for improved performance. If you wish to work with third party VST plugins you may find many are only available as 32-bit versions. These are only supported by the 32-bit version of DarkWave Studio. If you plan to use VST plugins with the 64-bit version of DarkWave Studio you will need to make sure they are available in a 64-bit format.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

vurt wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:40 pm as for the vsts, is the folder hidden or has any security access?
Yes, one of them is a .dll type and the folder is not hidden and doesn't have any security access
Sorry i have no idea what i'm doing

BillieEilish wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:14 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:40 pm as for the vsts, is the folder hidden or has any security access?
Yes, one of them is a .dll type and the folder is not hidden and doesn't have any security access
Sorry i have no idea what i'm doing
no need to apologise :)
we all have to start somewhere.

i think whyterabbyt has the answer probably, seems to be a 32/64 bit compatibility issue.
you will need to try the other version of darkwave, then the vsts should show up 8)

Is it possible that there is an error in the path? I'm not sure if it's possible to enter an invalid folder, but it might be worth checking again to be sure that you have the right folder

Forget Darkwave Studio. Get Cakewalk by Bandlab.

OK, admittedly, i only tried Darkwave Studio Once. Was a complete crash and bug fest.

I don't think its a compatibility issue because the Darkwave is the 32 version and the plugins are the 32 versions. Also is the .dll thing a bad thing or is that how its supposed to be?

dll is correct, that at least should show up.

as forgotten mentioned, are you sure you have the file path 100%?

yes

has Dark Wave Studio prompted you to point it to a plugin folder? If so, did it then scan that folder?

Most hosts need to scan the plugin folders on start up (or at least on first start up) to see if any new entries have been added

maybe try a manual scan if possible

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”