What do you think of the DAW market right now and for 2020?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:39 pm All other DAWs are massively uninteresting since using Bitwig.
I agree with this, Bitwig is certainly the 'interesting' DAW - its a bit different (and often gets critisised for not having basic functions when it is adding thing like the grid) but the developers seem to be dancing to their own tune, and I like that. Doesn't make it the best DAW or the most feature rich DAW etc, but given it does the clip/linear and modular thing and is very will integrated between the 3, I think it deservers the 'most interesting' (semi-mainstream) DAW.

As for Cubase, Studio One etc, I just wonder what the hell they have left to 'add', they do sooooo much already, at some point I just want then to be more intuitive, I want to do simple things faster, I dont want 'more', I want better.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:39 pm All other DAWs are massively uninteresting since using Bitwig.
I thought so even before...
There is a huge gap in my vita between Studio Vision and Bitwig... I filled it with Max/MSP, but sequencing in Max was always a pain...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”