Ableton Live Lite: any good?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

reggie1979 wrote: ↑Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:03 pm You know, it's funny you mention that. I'll see these supposed "how to" things on youtube and the dude will have like 50+ tracks for it to sound like ass :lol:
A lot of modern electronic music uses a lot of tracks. The tracks only have snippets of 10 to 30 seconds.of music at most and don't last the entire 3 to 4 minutes. But there are lots and lots.of tracks.

After listening to lots of instrumental.electonic music made by new young artists that are really good at it, you notice that it takes a particular talent and dedication to your craft to make a 3 to 4 minutes.song that's.all instrumental and is completely made with computers and not having it sound repetitive or boring. The really good ones like San Holo and Duskus use a.lot of effects and DAW tricks very strategically arranged to make the songs as good as they are and rise above the sea of instrumental fluff.
🌐 Spotify πŸ”΅ Soundcloud πŸŒ€ Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Ok, but so many artists make billions of tracks and then sound THE SAME as everyone else :lol:

Not trying to be a brash dick but that is what I hear.

telecode wrote: ↑Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:30 am
I have seen two performers using it live this year. Imogen Heap and Laura Escude. Neither one make EDM or Chillstep or Future Bass. If you check out recent youTube videos of them live you will probably figure out why they use Ableton and not other DAWs or Maschine. You can't do with other tools what you can do with Ableton. Also, that retro GUI of Ableton is probably an advantage on a dark stage..
Imogen Heap and Laura Escude are two very talented ladies who are going down rabbit holes with all these loops and fx. Both are talented musicians that are tying themselves to computers and mashines - and there music suffers because of it.

dellboy wrote: ↑Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:12 am
telecode wrote: ↑Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:30 am
I have seen two performers using it live this year. Imogen Heap and Laura Escude. Neither one make EDM or Chillstep or Future Bass. If you check out recent youTube videos of them live you will probably figure out why they use Ableton and not other DAWs or Maschine. You can't do with other tools what you can do with Ableton. Also, that retro GUI of Ableton is probably an advantage on a dark stage..
Imogen Heap and Laura Escude are two very talented ladies who are going down rabbit holes with all these loops and fx. Both are talented musicians that are tying themselves to computers and mashines - and there music suffers because of it.
I dont know. Heap was a class act. She did almost the entire Frou Frou record which is 20 years old. They recreated the record almost exactly as it sounds recorded with just her and Guy and three other musicians. Thats a very synth layered record to re-create live and I think using Ableton and loops was a good way to do it. The gloves are a little gimmicky, but whatever, its entertaining to watch.

Escaude just does totally different music.
🌐 Spotify πŸ”΅ Soundcloud πŸŒ€ Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: ↑Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:06 pm

I dont know. Heap was a class act. She did almost the entire Frou Frou record which is 20 years old. They recreated the record almost exactly as it sounds recorded with just her and Guy and three other musicians. Thats a very synth layered record to re-create live and I think using Ableton and loops was a good way to do it. The gloves are a little gimmicky, but whatever, its entertaining to watch.

Escaude just does totally different music.

I just listened to Imogen Heaps new song with Frou Frou "guitar song".

Its very basic and simplistic, would they have used more than a few tracks for that song ?

Return to β€œHosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”