Rewire routing, FL Studio plus Reaper

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, guys :)

Is that any way to send midi information from Reaper to FL studio in order to play instruments in FL studio? I mean to use Reaper instead of piano roll in FL studio.

Thanks in advance

Do you even need to use Rewire for this? Can you not load FL Studio as a VST inside Reaper and send MIDI directly? In Reaper you can control each instrument in FL Studio by setting the MIDI channel in the piano roll. Can even have each instrument audio go to a different track in Reaper.

Otherwise, I think you'd have to use virtual midi cables, like LoopBe1, etc.

Thanks, Fandango!

How can I do that without virtual midi cables?

Just load the FL Studio VSTi in Reaper.

Thank you

Oh, I forgot to mention, there's a slight delay when using the VSTi on playback. i.e., it might seem like the first bar of your music isn't playing back. If memory serves, people start their songs on Measure 2 of their timeline, and start playback from Measure 1.

AFAIK it still mixes down correctly when exporting from Reaper. This is an old issue, so old I totally forgot about it. :oops:

I got it, thank you) but I still cannot connect reaper midi information and FL studio instruments haha)

Nofolobricity wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:15 pm I got it, thank you) but I still cannot connect reaper midi information and FL studio instruments haha)
in that case try exporting your midi files. midi is universal and you can use it any daw.

inkwarp wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:03 pm
Nofolobricity wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:15 pm I got it, thank you) but I still cannot connect reaper midi information and FL studio instruments haha)
in that case try exporting your midi files. midi is universal and you can use it any daw.
Thanks. I guess it's the only way

i forgot to mention, you could look as Rewireing Reaper to FL.
if you go to the reaper forums i bet you would get some clear help.
or try image lines forums.

inkwarp wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:34 am i forgot to mention, you could look as Rewireing Reaper to FL.
if you go to the reaper forums i bet you would get some clear help.
or try image lines forums.
Thank you, I'll try

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”