Bitwig Studio 3 gets 10 out of 10 from MusicTech Review

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

I don't think Ableton or Bitwig will implement it in the near future, as it's not that asked for by many it seems.

This rating/review reminds me of those tools who review studio monitors while playing stairway to heaven...everything sounds fantastic! so...they must be great! They've never mixed anything in their lives and dont understand the concept of flat response.
This is similar in that you have 'product experts' giving points for something because it can do a lot of useless shit that has a practicality factor of about 0 and the only reason they dont get that is cause they dont actually use it to create music, they use it to test and tweak and play around with like a 3 year old on a new starwars lego set.

I dont mean to rain on anyone's parade here but I have not known of any reputable producer who actually uses bitwig..NONE! They're all using logic, cubase, ableton and even FL. How long has bitwig been in the game for? If these tools are supposed to be the best in the land how come the tradesmen aren't actually using them? What a baffling question.

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Kinh wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:10 pm I dont mean to rain on anyone's parade here but I have not known of any reputable producer who actually uses bitwig..NONE! They're all using logic, cubase, ableton and even FL. How long has bitwig been in the game for? If these tools are supposed to be the best in the land how come the tradesmen aren't actually using them? What a baffling question.

There are plenty, just search. The youtubers seem to be locked in as their subscribers expect ableton content.

SLiC wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:17 pm https://www.bitwig.com/en/community/artists.html

People manage.
endorsers dont count. They get paid to say that.

Kinh wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:10 pm I dont mean to rain on anyone's parade here but I have not known of any reputable producer who actually uses bitwig..NONE!
translation : "my ignorance of something makes me the authority on it"
endorsers dont count. They get paid to say that.
translation : "evidence that contradicts my ignorance doesnt count unless I say so"
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Kinh wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:10 pm This rating/review reminds me of those tools who review studio monitors while playing stairway to heaven...everything sounds fantastic! so...they must be great! They've never mixed anything in their lives and dont understand the concept of flat response.
This is similar in that you have 'product experts' giving points for something because it can do a lot of useless shit that has a practicality factor of about 0 and the only reason they dont get that is cause they dont actually use it to create music, they use it to test and tweak and play around with like a 3 year old on a new starwars lego set.

I dont mean to rain on anyone's parade here but I have not known of any reputable producer who actually uses bitwig..NONE! They're all using logic, cubase, ableton and even FL. How long has bitwig been in the game for? If these tools are supposed to be the best in the land how come the tradesmen aren't actually using them? What a baffling question.
dont buy 3 year olds star wars lego.
theres lego junior and duplo for toddlers ffs.

Who cares if famous producers are using it or not! :nutter:

It is a fact that if you search for anything related to music production, it's very rare to see anything for Bitwig in the results.

Even when specifically searching for Bitwig content, it's hard to find anything about the more uncommon Grid modules. I'm talking about stuff like the Math and Logic modules.

EnGee wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:13 pm Who cares if famous producers are using it or not! :nutter:
if you only eat what the famous producers eat,you too will be a famous producer.
peas. endorsed by real producers! :tu:

Reefius wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:23 pm It is a fact that if you search for anything related to music production, it's very rare to see anything for Bitwig in the results.
im socked; its actually true! i just tried to google "best ribbon mic for a tuba" and it didnt mention Bitwig once. clearly that means there's not a single 'reputable producer' out there using Bitwig!

Why is it that Bitwig and FL Studio both have a horde of fanboys who attack everyone who dares to say anything negative about their favorite DAW?

Let's try again:
It is a fact that if you search for anything related to electronic music production, it's very rare to see anything for Bitwig in the results.

:roll:

vurt wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:23 pm
EnGee wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:13 pm Who cares if famous producers are using it or not! :nutter:
if you only eat what the famous producers eat,you too will be a famous producer.
I thought they eat beans because their farts are masterpiece! :hihi:

EnGee wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:48 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:23 pm
I thought they eat beans because their farts are masterpiece! :hihi:
see, that's why you're not famous. you been eating the wrong thing.

Reefius wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:43 pm Why is it that Bitwig and FL Studio both have a horde of fanboys who attack everyone who dares to say anything negative about their favorite DAW?
wouldnt know, i dont own or use either of them. did you just make a very stupid assumption?
Let's try again:
It is a fact that if you search for anything related to electronic music production, it's very rare to see anything for Bitwig in the results.

:roll:
you're right, nothing under 'cheapest replacement power supply for a Buchla' either. goshdarn you're good at this.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”