Bitwig Studio 3 gets 10 out of 10 from MusicTech Review

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

so... Release today?

Not so sure, they are reviewing the beta- but its very close (we are on Beta 11)

From the review...

Do I really need this?

In a word: yes. If you’ve got the slightest interest in generating your own sounds or manipulating existing ones, Bitwig Studio 3 offers you a sonic playground that’s hard to beat.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

this review makes me happy.

this chart makes me sad.
Image-Line wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:53 pm
I love Bitwig and I feel it should be up there with the big boys.

A chart from the developers of fruity loops about how popular fruity loops is :wink:

K Pop is popular, Transformer movies were popular....99% of under 21 year olds have never seen Citizen Kane....Kids :D

I am pretty sure BWS V3 will make a lot of people sit up and take notice, if they don't, who cares, its still the most creative and interesting DAW available (and I own most of them :wink: )

^^^^^
+1

Yes, function, features and work flow over popularity with children any day.

jeffb01 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:19 pm this review makes me happy.

this chart makes me sad.
Image-Line wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:53 pm
I love Bitwig and I feel it should be up there with the big boys.
I already could feel this would start something here... why you did this?...

Well anyway here we go.

One of the big problems is that bitwig ask $170 for updates yearly (yes, I know some of you say "is optional" or "you just upgrade when you need and there are some sales" still that's the main image bitwig is presenting and updates always are important and necessary), and wherever you look at it, that's simply too much, that is really too overpriced for an update, I have said this before in the bitwig forum but some people think that is ok, with all respect to them.

And no, hate is not the reason of my opinion here, it is because some people in the bitwig forum loves to trash talk about other daws and products and even exaggerating things out of proportions. I'm sorry but that is really a bad (if not dirty) marketing strategy.

If some of you want to be respected as one bitwig representative at least show some respect and don't manipulate data or bash other products in order to support yours with things that simply are not true.

JunSev wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:23 pm One of the big problems is that bitwig ask $170 for updates yearly
No they don't.

Props also ask 129€ pretty much yearly. And so does many more who release a "major" once a year.

In addition, there is not "best daw", I know of others that can do things bitwig simply can't compete and the same I could say about bitwig being unique too with some features others daws don't have or can't do. So all of that is subjective.

loungepanda wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:41 pm so... Release today?
The review in the OP was posted on June 17th, so I wouldn't read anything into that regarding the timing.

EDIT: Well, of course, it was released today after I wrote this. :lol:
Last edited by jsp1979 on Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:30 pm
JunSev wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:23 pm One of the big problems is that bitwig ask $170 for updates yearly
No they don't.

Props also ask 129€ pretty much yearly. And so does many more who release a "major" once a year.
If that's true then is overpriced too.

https://www.bitwig.com/en/17/new-license-model.html

I'm wondering ... what exactly is "Interest over time" and how was it measured?

If I Google "Bitwig wonderful" or "Bitwig problem" will they both be recorded as "Interest"?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

JunSev wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:31 pm In addition, there is not "best daw", I know of others that can do things bitwig simply can't compete and the same I could say about bitwig being unique too with some features others daws don't have or can't do. So all of that is subjective.
Could it be because Bitwig is only on version 3 and some DAWs are on version 20 and still can't get it right?

JunSev wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:23 pm I already could feel this would start something here... why you did this?...
I probably shouldn't of done it. I wasn't trying to start something. I just saw the chart the other day and it genuinely made me a bit sad. I don't own stock in bitwig or anything, but I love it and want it to succeed. I feel they have done a great job and should be more recognized. that is all.

in any case, I apologize.

It's like saying pro tools needs more popularity. 8)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”