FL Studio 20.5 | Introducing a new free plugin FLEX

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Haters gonna hate. Just like with Cubase. Laughable at best, when you consider the popularity of both DAW's. Guess it fuels the cliché of bedroom producers who spend their whole life on internet forums rather than making music.

Trancit wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:32 am
robotmonkey wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:48 am You're obviously not the sharpest pencil in the box.

And by the way, I've been Fruityloops user since it was conceived and on those forums way longer than you. So just stop sprouting your idiotic nonsense.
Seems you are talking about yourself (meaning the first sentence):
You wrote:
robotmonkey wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:13 pm ...
Synthmaster Player has much better sounds overall. Also it is actually more usable because every patch exposes some of the underlying controls that allow further tweaking of the sounds. ...
What???

1. Synthmaster Player´s presets have grown over more than 10 years as they are the normal SM2 presets and you should have heard the first ones, which were anything else but good...
Give Flex 10 years before you compare!!

2. Did you ever had a look at Flex??

Synthmaster Player offers you 8 Macros + 2 X/Y Pads...

FLEX offers you 8 Macros + complete control over Pitch, Amp Env, Filter Env, the used Filter (without the filter type though), Reverb, Delay, a complete Master Filter with 22 different filter types, a complete Limiting/Saturation Section and the output level...

Seems you are one of the biggest experts to rate the few controls of SM Player for "more useable"...

It´s in general always good advice that if you don´t have any clue about what you are talking, it´s better to shut up and go to mama to let her count her children...
He should skip the robot in his alias. :lol:

To dumb to grasp that my reply was adressed to the (now banned) other guy he quoted me like i had answered him. What a monkey he is.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

robotmonkey wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:07 am ...Maybe you should practice on your reading comprehension a bit, then take a deep breath and read again what I wrote.
What shall be misunderstood from what I quoted???

This monkey suffers from Dunning–Kruger. Poor monkey.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

leave personal attacks out or just stay out of the thread
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

chk071 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:41 am Guess it fuels the cliché of bedroom producers who spend their whole life on internet forums rather than making music.
c71.jpg
:hihi:

Sorry..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey... at least i don't rant about the DAW's. :hihi:

Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Again, to keep this on topic and for my sanity, I like FL just fine, but I disagree with some of their customer service tactics.

Sorry, it's not HATING, and it's not being a "fanboi" ............ next.

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:32 am Again, to keep this on topic and for my sanity, I like FL just fine, but I disagree with some of their customer service tactics.

Sorry, it's not HATING, and it's not being a "fanboi" ............ next.
gol's spirit still haunts the hallow halls of Image-Line. :)

Wow, a bit messy these fl studio conversations. What's the deal?

Actually, almost every daw thread turns into "those" kind of threads. Weird...
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:32 am I disagree with some of their customer service tactics.
What specifically did we do to you?

I have seen several people on this forum make vague references to how badly we have treated them.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

I like a lot of things about FL Studio but I still really struggle with how to make the workflow intuitive for me. It's really hard for me to manage the various patterns, remember which is which, etc. I might use actual step sequencer patterns for some drum sounds but 90% of the time I don't need the step sequencer and at those times it's more of an obstacle. Also I struggle with the mixer and assigning things to it, routing, etc. I am determined to eventually get comfortable with it though because it has so many awesome features for inspiring creativity, and it's a lot of fun. I see that they are working to improve the workflow continuously which is great.

rlared wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:35 pm I like a lot of things about FL Studio but I still really struggle with how to make the workflow intuitive for me.
Don't want to say that nobody can get what really needs, but FLS is highly customizable when it comes to workflow.
It's really hard for me to manage the various patterns, remember which is which, etc. I might use actual step sequencer patterns for some drum sounds but 90% of the time I don't need the step sequencer and at those times it's more of an obstacle.
In playlist you can always rename & recolor & regroup patterns, automations and it will be linked to their physical instances on the channel rack.
Having bock sequencer & piano roll, is actually a feature to be grateful to, not to complain about, you can any of them and all of them.
Also I struggle with the mixer and assigning things to it, routing, etc. I am determined to eventually get comfortable with it though because it has so many awesome features for inspiring creativity, and it's a lot of fun. I see that they are working to improve the workflow continuously which is great.
Mixer itself is linked to to colors, names, icons, for any instrument / clip in the channel rack...
Routing is so simple. At least simpler than other DAWs.

I'm aware of what you're thinking about, sometimes we just don't see there's an invitation from things we need to use.... Unless getting a long learning curve...

And the best advice, is to watch & learn, watch videos of how producers work on FLS. You will get more visual content.

Every time I try FL Studio, it doesn't take long for something to annoy me. Too many workarounds and menudiving for even the simplest things that only take a second in other DAW's.
I also think vector graphics are not the best way to make everything scaleable. It may have been so in 1998, but definitely not in 2019.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”