FL Studio 20.5 | Introducing a new free plugin FLEX

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

FL STUDIO 20.5 introduces FLEX - an advanced 'production focused' synthesizer built on Subtractive, Wavetable, Multisample, FM & AM synthesis. Plus, as usual, there's lots of workflow enhancements ... all because we love your Lifetime Free Updates!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKVlcndvePU

INSTALLERS
FLEX missing?

Right-click the Plugin Database in the Browser and select - Refresh plugin list (fast scan) and look in Installed > Generators > Fruity AND make sure you are running FL Studio 20.5,

What's New?
  • New Plugin
    • FLEX - Free plugin for all FL Studio Editions. FLEX is an advanced preset-based instrument built on Subtractive, Wavetable, Multisample, FM & AM synthesis.
  • FL Studio
    • macOS VST/AU - FL Studio can now be used as a VST or AU plugin on macOS hosts that support VST or AU plugins. Windows hosts can use VST.
    • Browser - (Alt+Click) to preview samples to their end. Click the stop on the transport panel to end early.
    • FILE settings - Option to change the maximum number of backup files.
    • Playlist / Piano roll - Mute selection (Shift+M). Unmute selection (Alt+Shift+M).
    • Plugin Manager - Check mark for favorite plugins is now a star.
    • FL Studio performance monitor - VIEW > Plugin performance monitor. Useful to identify resource heavy plugins.
    • Patcher - Option to show CPU usage of modules. Right-click workspace > View > Performance.
    • Channels & Effects - Added 'Don't show this in the future' option when deleting Channels and Effects.
    • Reset popup warnings - Option on the General Settings tab.
    • MIDI Options - The MIDI device list will be updated when the computer wakes up after sleep mode.
    • MIDI - Added 'Don't show this in future' for error messages when a MIDI device can't open.
    • Plugins - Deleting plugins now asks for confirmation (since there is no undo).
    • SoundFonts - DirectWave will open when a SoundFont file is dropped on the Channel Rack.
    • Templates - Are now set under the General Settings tab.
  • Updated Plugins
    • Edison Denoise Tool - Now available on macOS.
    • Fruity Blood Overdrive - Is now a vectorized native FL Studio plugin, and also available on macOS.
    • Harmless - Free 120 preset 'Harmless Essentials' library by Olbaid.
    • Sytrus - Free 151 preset 'Sytrus Essentials' library by Olbaid
    • WaveShaper - Improved quality settings for live audio (HQ) and automation of its controls (smoothing).
    • Wave Traveller and Fruity Scratcher are now vectorized and also available on macOS.
    • ZGameEditor Visualizer - Added color parameter to effects. New effects (Alps, Boaty Goes Caving, Fluidity, Frozen Wasteland, Neptune Racing, Space Jewels, Spherical Polyhedra, WetInkSpiral, Xyptonjtroz). Added 'Select all' buttons to images and meshes list. New Add Images (source) options including presets (whole ZGameEditor projects), URL (Stream online videos) and Online Media (images and videos from pexels.com).
Last edited by Image-Line on Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

You guys really know how to do videos. :tu:

Nice. Keep the vectorized updates coming!

It's rare for Image-Line to give away any free instrument, since their software package is riddled with demos. They've probably only given away a total of 2 or so free instruments over the last decade, and they were most likely not incremental updates.

Then I did a little research of their relevance in the audio world over at google trends. It makes more sense now why they are giving away free stuff to make their software package more appealing.

ictools wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:09 pm Then I did a little research of their relevance in the audio world over at google trends. It makes more sense now why they are giving away free stuff to make their software package more appealing.
The "fl studio" trend still looks better than when you search for cubase / pro tools / ableton / logic tho, with (I suppose?) much less marketing budget than most other daws.
But I do agree that some of their stock plugins could be better

ictools wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:09 pm It's rare for Image-Line to give away any free instrument, since their software package is riddled with demos. They've probably only given away a total of 2 or so free instruments over the last decade, and they were most likely not incremental updates.

Then I did a little research of their relevance in the audio world over at google trends. It makes more sense now why they are giving away free stuff to make their software package more appealing.

Perhaps is not that there is not like increment on some of those plug-ins (at least feature wise), but all of them works and does the jobs that were supposed to do and actualized, as a owner of FL Studio those plugins works pretty well and I don't have any issues with them (sytrus, harmor, sakura, drummax...).

In addition to that there is a very nice cpu improvement in FL as in patcher, signature bundle being one of the best package for life time free updates (only for around $300): No need to pay again and again absurd quantity of money for years; free updates, free fixes, free optimization, that's it.

So I don't know what you trying to prove, there is countless of reasons why FL Studio is one of the best daw out there.
Last edited by JunSev on Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ictools wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:09 pm I did a little research of their relevance in the audio world over at google trends

that sentence, is hilarious.

JunSev wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:31 pm So I don't know what you trying to prove, there is countless of reasons why FL Studio is one of the best daw out there.
When a company makes a 180 from their usual norm, it sets off red flags. This is an indication of their current position in the audio world. I remember a decade ago when there were only a few DAWs to contend with, now there's a plethora of great choices and cheap prices to deal with. And one way to do it is by giving away free stuff to make your software package more appealing to new customers.

ictools wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:37 pm
JunSev wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:31 pm So I don't know what you trying to prove, there is countless of reasons why FL Studio is one of the best daw out there.
When a company makes a 180 from their usual norm, it sets off red flags. This is an indication of their current position in the audio world. I remember a decade ago when there were only a few DAWs to contend with, now there's a plethora of great choices and cheap prices to deal with. And one way to do it is by giving away free stuff to make your software package more appealing to new customers.
But business wise is an understandable move, just taking a look how over saturated the software market is already everywhere. Now what is not correct is to think that giving something away for free or for a big discount means that the software or developer doesn't have relevance anymore in the market.

ictools wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:37 pm
When a company makes a 180 from their usual norm, it sets off red flags
Well it did take a turn but so did other daws from around 2012, with some various spikes, quite interesting actually. Logic pro seems to be resisting the most but it never was too popular.

ictools wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:37 pm When a company makes a 180 from their usual norm, it sets off red flags...
And when a person ignores data so blatantly, it also sets off red flags:

They are selling packs for this synth. So it's not strictly a free giveaway.

Great "analysis". You have no idea what you're talking about.

And when an FL thread is started, it turns into a place for people to discuss their business model :hihi:

reggie1979 wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:59 pm And when an FL thread is started, it turns into a place for people to discuss their business model :hihi:
I have a feeling we have a comebacker there.

Aren't they going to be selling add-on packs for Flex? Isn't it more akin to giving the junkies a taste to hook them to open up a new revenue stream? The synth is free, but the content isn't, so it's business as usual really.

Flex is just a rompler style synth to sell sound packs.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”