Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rmacattack wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:32 am
jens wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:12 pm
rmacattack wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:30 pm
BONES wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:48 am
rmacattack wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:28 am Cubase is a great old school DAW.
"Old school" as opposed to what?
It's not really used among the new generational producers/engineers. Since finishing up audio school it's primarily pro tools/logic and we have Ableton. Then on the outside my classmates us Ableton, Fl and Logic. Studio One, Reaper, Cubase and Sonar were never talked about in that circle.
Then look out for better friends, I'd say… :lol: :hihi:

Or maybe not, because you're one of them… :lol:
My former classmates will dance circles around you in the studio. Trust me...
Bam! :hihi:
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

rmacattack wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:32 amMy former classmates will dance circles around you in the studio. Trust me...
Yeah and they'll probably knock the equipment over and damage stuff. You young people need to realise a studio is no place to be "dancing around", it is a place where serious work is done, dogammit!
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:57 am
rmacattack wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:32 amMy former classmates will dance circles around you in the studio. Trust me...
Yeah and they'll probably knock the equipment over and damage stuff. You young people need to realise a studio is no place to be "dancing around", it is a place where serious work is done, dogammit!
Don't forget they're pretty damn good at hitting a few buttons playing someone else's loops and calling it their finished song! Tho all ages of people are guilty of this these days unfortunately...
Have you tried Vital?

Psuper wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:07 pm
Don't forget they're pretty damn good at hitting a few buttons playing someone else's loops and calling it their finished song! Tho all ages of people are guilty of this these days unfortunately...
Don't forget some of them are actually making money off music, and working on recording. Ask yourself what are you doing to get to that goal.

Actually no... They are working in the field right now getting paid. No need to get mad, just work harder my friend.

rmacattack wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:21 pm
Don't forget some of them are actually making money off music, and working on recording. Ask yourself what are you doing to get to that goal.
Of course they are, people make money doing all sorts of stuff. That has nothing to do with my goals, of which most I've achieved, but I keep adding new ones as should we all.

Regardless, you're a bit too touchy about things -- Bones was clearly joking around. I was serious, but it shouldn't rile anyone up -- its just the way things are, and the reason any 'loop launch' daw would be popular.
Have you tried Vital?

rmacattack wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:21 pm
Insecure much, young friend? 🙂
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

rmacattack wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:21 pmDon't forget some of them are actually making money off music, and working on recording. Ask yourself what are you doing to get to that goal.
Why should that be a goal? I can think of several loftier, more worthy goals, just off the top of my head - to make something that is as good as it can be, to preserve one's artistic integrity or maybe just to enjoy oneself a little. All far more valid than making money to me. In fact, I would never want to try to earn a living from making music. It would unavoidably corrupt everything that matters to me about what we do. Very few artists is my genre make a living from music and those who do have nothing like the lifestyle my day job allows me to enjoy. They are slaves to whatever anyone is willing to offer them money to do.
rmacattack wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:23 pmActually no... They are working in the field right now getting paid. No need to get mad, just work harder my friend.
Oh, dear, sense of humour bypass at birth, was it? Or have you never encountered satire before? Either way, you are a sad, little man who obviously feels he has something to prove to the world. I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't so annoying. I mean, seriously, you needed to do a course to learn this stuff? Too stupid to work it out for yourself? I suppose if you need that kind of crutch, it probably feels like it was worth the money but from where I'm sitting it's all a bit pathetic, really. I'm sure you'll be very good at making tea and coffee for the engineer and sweeping the floor after everyone else has gone home for the day.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I would love my Cubase 10 if I could use it on my 43" screen.
The screen is so big that the main Cubase window cannot be reduced.
I need the reduction so the tabs with the drop down menus can be at eye level.
If I have to look up I get neck pain and a headache.

I am using my second choice, Studio One and am happy with it.

It's not really used among the new generational producers/engineers. Since finishing up audio school it's primarily pro tools/logic and we have Ableton. Then on the outside my classmates us Ableton, Fl and Logic. Studio One, Reaper, Cubase and Sonar were never talked about in that circle.
This is surely a wind up? C10 not used by ‘new generational producers / engineers’?
You mean ‘beat makers’? Or people who download other peoples loops? :P :lol: :lol:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:05 pm
This is surely a wind up? C10 not used by ‘new generational producers / engineers’?
You mean ‘beat makers’? Or people who download other peoples loops? :P :lol: :lol:
Yes that's the music that is being played on radio, and not yours.
Last edited by rmacattack on Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BONES wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:38 pm
rmacattack wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:21 pmDon't forget some of them are actually making money off music, and working on recording. Ask yourself what are you doing to get to that goal.
Why should that be a goal? I can think of several loftier, more worthy goals, just off the top of my head - to make something that is as good as it can be, to preserve one's artistic integrity or maybe just to enjoy oneself a little. All far more valid than making money to me. In fact, I would never want to try to earn a living from making music. It would unavoidably corrupt everything that matters to me about what we do. Very few artists is my genre make a living from music and those who do have nothing like the lifestyle my day job allows me to enjoy. They are slaves to whatever anyone is willing to offer them money to do.
rmacattack wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:23 pmActually no... They are working in the field right now getting paid. No need to get mad, just work harder my friend.
Oh, dear, sense of humour bypass at birth, was it? Or have you never encountered satire before? Either way, you are a sad, little man who obviously feels he has something to prove to the world. I'd feel sorry for you if you weren't so annoying. I mean, seriously, you needed to do a course to learn this stuff? Too stupid to work it out for yourself? I suppose if you need that kind of crutch, it probably feels like it was worth the money but from where I'm sitting it's all a bit pathetic, really. I'm sure you'll be very good at making tea and coffee for the engineer and sweeping the floor after everyone else has gone home for the day.
As far as making tea, yes especially if I get to pick the brain of your favorite producer/engineer you idolize.

Jeez, this kid has got a terrible attitude. Merry xmas
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

ramseysounds wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:31 pm Jeez, this kid has got a terrible attitude. Merry xmas
https://youtu.be/HfibyZOo4JM

not allowed to be used by antithesis.

8)
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

rmacattack wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:15 pmAs far as making tea, yes especially if I get to pick the brain of your favorite producer/engineer you idolize.
"Idolize"? That's a bit pre-pubescent, isn't it? I can think of a few producers I might like to have a beer with, none whose brains I'd like to pick.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”