Recording VST output in Cubase 10

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seems totally convoluted compared to Cakewalk Sonar which has 'Bounce to track'. I'm a Cubase user now b/c I switched to Mac, but how are we on v10 and this simple task is so cumbersome?

KEv

burkek wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:11 pm Seems totally convoluted compared to Cakewalk Sonar which has 'Bounce to track'. I'm a Cubase user now b/c I switched to Mac, but how are we on v10 and this simple task is so cumbersome?
I think you might be missing how OP wanted to do some live tweaking while recording. Simply recording plugin output can be done several ways in Cubase, but OP had a more specific objective.

Seems totally convoluted compared to Cakewalk Sonar which has 'Bounce to track'. I'm a Cubase user now
:dog:

This is not bounce. It's been pointed out more than once in thread, this is not bounce/render.

that is done: right-click and voila
render-in-place.jpg
so cumbersome. afaicr it's been this for some time now

Drox generates a signal which you manipulate via X/Y to get notes changing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

btw OP if you want to hear audio from channels that you record on, you want to press that speaker button next to the mute / arm record etc buttons. That way you can be certain that it is, in fact, recording what you want it to.

This is how most if not all DAW's work because you can avoid feedback like that. It's a feature that's better kept on only when you actually need it (although for live situations I could imagine a good reason to keep playback as default option, but eh, can't have it all)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”