Propellerhead PolyStep Secuencer for Reason

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Propellerhead PolyStep Secuencer was released today, I really love these player devices for Reason! Would have been more interesting with an intro discount though, but let's trial at least.

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... sequencer/

https://youtu.be/4Xo4YmEGlxY
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Half the price of my new Cubase 10 with about .000000001 of the functionality! That assumes me not needing to "upgrade" to R10 to use it, then even more $$$ for less!

Ahh well, least it competes with the newly released Sequences from RB in their own rack extension shop, to the delight of RE devs I'm certain.
Have you tried Vital?

Looks fun and useful to me. My whole goal for jumping back into Reason 10 after not using it since v3 was to exploit the versatility of the various players and modular patching in general. I would have appreciated a lower introductory price, but I’m still buying PolyStep.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Will probably buy it myself without an introductory price, but the list of software to buy keeps getting longer and longer :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Not impressed.

Props will rather try and sell you a rack extension for their tiny year 2000 resolution rack to make a few bob rather improve the actual core DAW features... You're not doing yourself any favours for future development by continuing to buy RE's like this.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

starflakeprj wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:37 pm Propellerhead PolyStep Secuencer was released today, I really love these player devices for Reason!
I like them too, especially as they always seem to come with a nice interface. No VST no buy though. :?

Yeah, it would be really cool if Propellerhead developed/compiled the players (or in this case it seem to be Lectric Panda) as VST plugins. I use Reason more as a playground though, where Studio One is my more "serious" DAW. I'm ok with the players staying in my playground, even though nothing I do is really serious anyway :)

reggie1979 wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:02 pm Not impressed.
Psuper wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:12 pm Half the price of my new Cubase 10 with about .000000001 of the functionality! That assumes me not needing to "upgrade" to R10 to use it, then even more $$$ for less!

Ahh well, least it competes with the newly released Sequences from RB in their own rack extension shop, to the delight of RE devs I'm certain.
THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:15 pm Props will rather try and sell you a rack extension for their tiny year 2000 resolution rack to make a few bob rather improve the actual core DAW features... You're not doing yourself any favours for future development by continuing to buy RE's like this.
Who needs coffe when they can read such comments in the morning! ;) :hug:

I on the other hand am very excited for it - as a person with minimal knowledge about music theory (but good musical ear & taste), who's easily stuck not knowing how to create an exciting riff, melody or chord progression - this is a gold mine of happy accidents and trial-and-error stumbling that can push me further! :clap:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:14 am I on the other hand am very excited for it - as a person with minimal knowledge about music theory (but good musical ear & taste), who's easily stuck not knowing how to create an exciting riff, melody or chord progression - this is a gold mine of happy accidents and trial-and-error stumbling that can push me further! :clap:
Same. As far as MIDI effects go, this is pretty sweet.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:17 pm
antic604 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:14 am I on the other hand am very excited for it - as a person with minimal knowledge about music theory (but good musical ear & taste), who's easily stuck not knowing how to create an exciting riff, melody or chord progression - this is a gold mine of happy accidents and trial-and-error stumbling that can push me further! :clap:
Same. As far as MIDI effects go, this is pretty sweet.
If PH were smart, they'd release this as a VST too - I'm not aware of anything quite like it.
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:14 am
Psuper wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:12 pm Half the price of my new Cubase 10 with about .000000001 of the functionality! That assumes me not needing to "upgrade" to R10 to use it, then even more $$$ for less!

THE INTRANCER wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:15 pm Props will rather try and sell you a rack extension for their tiny year 2000 resolution rack to make a few bob rather improve the actual core DAW features... You're not doing yourself any favours for future development by continuing to buy RE's like this.

I on the other hand am very excited for it - as a person with minimal knowledge about music theory (but good musical ear & taste), who's easily stuck not knowing how to create an exciting riff, melody or chord progression - this is a gold mine of happy accidents and trial-and-error stumbling that can push me further! :clap:
I don't have to be impressed if I don't wish to be, and being lumped in with the other two is kinda unfair as I'm not constantly ripping on Reason, I'm simply not impressed.

reggie1979 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:47 pmI don't have to be impressed if I don't wish to be, and being lumped in with the other two is kinda unfair as I'm not constantly ripping on Reason, I'm simply not impressed.
True. Sorry for that :) :hug:
Music tech enthusiast

I guess I should explain myself. Players are fun but cumbersome to me. I feel it takes more time to get this to do what you want, vs. simply drawing/playing that stuff in. I'm not saying it's stupid or doesn't serve a purpose, hell, I might be exactly what someone wants.

By the time you get it to do what it does (unless I'm missing something, which is always possible) you could have just done that.

I feel the same way about the drum sequencer. It's cool, I use it but doing it that way, then creating the patterns I feel like I could have just done that with midi :shrug: 69 bucks seems kinda high for this one also.

reggie1979 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:47 pm
antic604 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:14 am

I don't have to be impressed if I don't wish to be, and being lumped in with the other two is kinda unfair as I'm not constantly ripping on Reason, I'm simply not impressed.
It is unfair, I'm the only neutral poster of the 3, (up to a week ago anyway). Plus posted facts as opposed to your opinion. But that's life, people do as they do!

I'm weighted more 'against' Reason now, seeing how Cubase opened my eyes to how sickeningly far behind Reason really is - and they'll never catch up in the DAW dept, ever. Which interestingly enough, the vast majority of 'I'm-always-on-a-forum-ready-to-defend-reason' Reason fans were regurgitating "More Native Devices! More Mobile! DAW is fine as-is!" until I woke them up to the reality of that sinking ship - and now those same people are repeating my old tagline damn near verbatim. But that's life, people do as they do x2.
Have you tried Vital?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”