FL Studio - transferring between MAC and PC computers (AU to VST)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The past couple years I've been using FL Studio on a mac (used the BETA version for a while), and I'm transferring everything over to a new PC.

For the current project I'm working on, the last 3/4 of files I just did everything VST, and certain things are transferring over really well. However, the first quarter of my projects I used AU instead of VSTs. I have no idea why it just seemed like a good idea at the time.

I'm thinking that I'll have to just check back on my old computer, load the VST version in the new computer and just find the preset I used. In some cases I made the preset myself, so I'll probably have to save the preset, then copy the preset file over. I'm not interested in bouncing everything to audio either, I'd rather be able to edit the raw files at this stage of the game.

Are there any other options I can consider? Just wanted to check before I start doing things the hard way.
not really a martian - not really from here. tryin to learn everything I can about how humans make music.

FL20 and Live 10

Probably a bit late here but if you have both the AU and the VST for the plugins you could try opening the projects again in your Mac, then going into your plugin-picker and enable the VST version so you have both in your drop-down menu. Then go into each AU plugin and copy/save the presets, open the VST plugin as well and paste the presets. It’s still a lot of work but at least you won’t have to manually tweak every preset.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”