what's going on with Aurchitect?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think this company - somehow Audiofile Engineering - has had a lot of weird name changes in the past, be it the company or be it apps. Which was weird a few times

I don't follow - so who is actually responsible for the removal of the products if not Audiofile or Krekeltronics? Some entity has to hold the intellectual property/code. If it's a company, we'd like to know so we don't support their business in the future (as it would appear they care only about money and not bettering the tools in the audio community). I can't speak for every one but, personally, I hate to see small companies pushed around by patent trolls and the like.
evan.olcott wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:47 pm I want to take this opportunity to correct the record about a draft letter of mine that appeared without my consent on this forum. In 2017, I signed an agreement to acquire the applications which I subsequently published under the Aurchitect name. Unfortunately, my former partners disagreed with me on the obligations under that agreement and it was decided that it is in the best interest to return those applications to my former partners.

The Audiofile Engineering name was acquired by Krekeltronics, while the purchase agreement for the applications themselves remained between me and my former partners. My mentioning of Audiofile Engineering/Krekeltronics in my comments was part of the draft state of the letter, and it is important to state that they have nothing directly to do with this disagreement. The name was simply a placeholder, given that I did not know if I could or should name the responsible party. The letter was posted on my staging site, awaiting further revisions, when it was picked up by Google. I also emailed a copy of it to one individual who had urgent questions about the state of things, telling them it wasn't final, but it would have been public in a few days following. Once my former partners alerted me to its visibility, I immediately shuttered the sites.

I hope the statements I made regarding these matters do not cloud anyone's opinion of any of these products or their eventual new home.

Evan Olcott
Ex-Chief Aurchitect
Aurchitect Audio Software

Well, the problem i have is at the moment, i payed for a product i really like and use it everyday, now, after a re-install on a new machine, i can't use it anymore...

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Now imagine if you used that tool 8 hours a day to make a living for your family like I do. 😩

So... nothing.

This was posted on Gearslutz a few weeks back:

---------
Thank you for contacting us. We are sorry that you are currently unable to use your software. Please know that our number one goal is to ensure that you are able to get your software back up and running as soon as possible. We have just recently received the code and related infrastructure for the applications and are in the process of transitioning them to an established audio software brand who will restore the licensing system and continue development of the applications. Stay tuned as we hope to have an announcement shortly after AES New York 2019.

Matthew Foust
-----------

For those that don't know, Matthew was one of the founders of Audiofile Engineering. However still no word and AES was over on Oct 27th.

So glad I never bought that editor.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

You missed something because it‘s on of the best looper on the mac...

Frank
Last edited by Xenox.AFL on Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Xenox.AFL wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:36 pm You missed something because it‘s on of the best loopsr on the mac...

Frank
I also missed this cluster-frak with the ownership change.

I was looking at buying it several times in the past because there are really only two other audio editing options on the Mac: Adobe subscription licensing (a hard NO) or junk like Audacity. I’m just relieved I wasn’t caught up in this business disaster as a customer.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Anyone know any updates on things here?

I very desperately need to keep a batch audio editor around, and just received a mail about a new version of DSP-Quattro with a batch processor, so might just jump ship if this ends up being totally dead.

It's a shame, because I was such a huge fan of Sample Manager and Myriad.
--
David Das
Composer, producer / Los Angeles, CA
www.daviddas.com

No updates yet.

i dont know if im more pissed my 70€ license got nulled or that i cant use it anymore :D

Man this is disappointing.

I'm in the same position as others - re-installed hard drive and now can't install the software. Annoyingly, I don't think I even have the install files on my HDD. (Not that this appears to matter if you can't authorise.)
I was wondering as I was reinstalling - why do I save all the downloads for software when I basically just got back to the original website and get the latest versions. I guess now I have my answer.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Even if you have the installer (i do) you can't authorise it anymore, so it's pointless. I've been looking for a crack for a while, but the latest i found was 4.0.6 i think.
it works on my mini (4.4.1) but can't make it work on my MacBook. Been trying to find a license file hidden on my Mini somewhere, but nothing successful yet.

Wonder if this is legal from the devs side, but i can't find the license agreement because the server is down :D

On the gearslutz forums there's some chatter about "ironing out deals" and whatnot, but it's been going on for a while.

Some guy over on gearslutz found the license location.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/other-d ... thing.html

I'll PM you.
https://onetrackperweek.com
One year - 52 tracks - Electronic Dance Music

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”