what's going on with Aurchitect?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wanted to register Myriad and the site seems dead (and my installation useless)

I think you may already have found this: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/other-d ... thing.html
May 17, 2019
Dear customers:
I have extraordinarily bad news to share with you. The owners of Audiofile Engineering have insisted that I broke our long-term agreement (by being 2 days late on a royalty payment), and despite repeated attempts to solve the situation, Aurchitect was threatened with litigation to "return" all of the software. Aurchitect simply can not afford to go through a lawsuit, so I have no choice but to sign over my copyrights and give the apps to Audiofile Engineering as of today.
To say that I’m disappointed in the situation is a vast understatement. I’ve been working on these apps for upwards of 15 years, and to have them taken unwillingly from me, their original and sole author, is heartbreaking.
I sincerely apologize to all of you, and I’m not sure exactly what’s going to happen next with the apps. I did my best, I fought hard, but in the end Audiofile Engineering simply had more money behind them than I did. All questions about Triumph, Myriad, Spectre, Loop Editor, Aura, and Audaptor should be directed here.
Sincerely
Evan Olcott
Ex-Chief Aurchitect
Aurchitect Audio Software
The prognosis doesn't look good. If what the dev wrote is true about having to hand the copyrights back, the new owners of Audiofile probably thought they were being clever but have more likely killed products that were otherwise bringing in royalties.

Jesus... I loved Myriad. time to write some hate rants to audiofile.

Also no, i havent, so thanks for the clarification.

Looks like i need to find a crack since i can't register it anymore on my laptop. works on the desktop.

What's worse, there's no viable alternative :?

Anyone know who the correct party to contact is about this?

I’d have to say audiofile engineering

masterhiggins wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 1:08 am I’d have to say audiofile engineering
This post is a clue...
The company that bought Audiofile is Krekeltronics(.com). On the assumption that the Triumph etc copyrights ultimately by way of Audiofile passed onto them, that's probably the official channel. But I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope. The Audiofile site hasn't been updated in a while and there's not much at krekeltronics.com - other than an ominous passage about expertise on patent law on the home page. I wouldn't be surprised to find this situation arose out of a desire to get hold of some saleable IP on the cheap.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey folks, this post (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpost.php?p=14007312&postcount=28) is the response I wrote on the other thread. Here is a synopsis:
Let's start with the big one:
Audiofile Engineering has absolutely nothing to do with the recent issue which resulted in the removal of Myriad, Spectre, and Triumph from sale.

I am sure this is hard to understand, and perhaps hard to believe. In 2017 after having collaborated with Audiofile for years, we had the opportunity to purchase the company. I loved the brand and the products, so to me it was simply a matter of working out the details. Part of this involved parting out Myriad, Spectre, and Triumph because these were being acquired by a new entity, Aurchitect. I had nothing to do with any of that, it was decided between the original Audiofile owners.

Seeing "Audiofile Engineering" named as the entity which is somehow causing this or clawing back those apps, is deeply upsetting to me since we have absolutely nothing to do with the situation, and absolutely nothing to gain from it. As you have seen, the only impact for Audiofile has been negative, since good customers are being hurt. This is impossibly difficult for me since there is nothing whatsoever I can do about it.

Oh shit, i installed my new imac and wanted to register my software again and... shit happened..! :(
I love the loop editor! :(

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

yeah, i've been looking for a crack for a while because i can't register it on my laptop anymore, but the last version i can find is 4.2.1

A crack would be fine, it's not ok but i already bought that tool, it's sooo nice and fast, can't believe that i must live without it! :(

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Can't believe the developer just got away without even release a version of the software to his customers that could live without the remote authorization scheme. :borg:

Another nail in the coffin of these protection schemes. When things go wrong, people are abandoned in the dark, alone. :x
Fernando (FMR)

Yeah, at least when they stopped developement on Wave Editor they made the licenses you received permanent.

I want to take this opportunity to correct the record about a draft letter of mine that appeared without my consent on this forum. In 2017, I signed an agreement to acquire the applications which I subsequently published under the Aurchitect name. Unfortunately, my former partners disagreed with me on the obligations under that agreement and it was decided that it is in the best interest to return those applications to my former partners.

The Audiofile Engineering name was acquired by Krekeltronics, while the purchase agreement for the applications themselves remained between me and my former partners. My mentioning of Audiofile Engineering/Krekeltronics in my comments was part of the draft state of the letter, and it is important to state that they have nothing directly to do with this disagreement. The name was simply a placeholder, given that I did not know if I could or should name the responsible party. The letter was posted on my staging site, awaiting further revisions, when it was picked up by Google. I also emailed a copy of it to one individual who had urgent questions about the state of things, telling them it wasn't final, but it would have been public in a few days following. Once my former partners alerted me to its visibility, I immediately shuttered the sites.

I hope the statements I made regarding these matters do not cloud anyone's opinion of any of these products or their eventual new home.

Evan Olcott
Ex-Chief Aurchitect
Aurchitect Audio Software

To be honest... The problem i have is: Loop editor was installed on a new mac and i can't use it anymore, i can't use anymore a program i really like, works very well and i use it everyday... At least i have paid for it so it would be great to find a way, were i can continue using this great tool because the i start in the next few days, my next sample library for a big company...

I wasn't happy using other tools for looping samples, the Loop editor is my tool to go...

Frank / www.particular-sound.de

Yeah, +1 for Myriad. feels like shit.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”