Studio One Pro 4.5

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

ictools wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:05 pm
tonedef71 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:55 pm
This off-topic thread reminds me of another discussion I read about online. Apparently, when digital/synthetic drums were first introduced, traditional artists maligned them for not sounding enough like actual drums, but creative musicians/composers would later make song writing with digital drums into its own art form.

Creating something digitally will probably never achieve the exact same results as something created organically and viscerally, and I doubt that there is much ground from which to debate that. That said, why does there even need to be a debate? When it comes to art, all forms of creation of it can be appreciated... by somebody... somewhere.
Exactly the reason this "debate" should of ended back on page 12, but since everyone feels the need to drag it on...
ictools wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 6:03 pm It basically breaks down to three types of "musicians/producers".

1. Those who play music and record it.
2. Those who paint music and edit it.
3. And the combination of the two.

Studio One is currently geared more towards the musicality side of things, such as recording live. While some DAWs are more midi centric and geared towards sequencer type programming. Both can be used to create music, but both are very different approaches.

The problem is trying to balance both approaches into a cohesive work flow that works for everyone.
I mean the producers who are do edm/urban music are dominating the charts, and some can't play an instrument. At the end of the day the songs and productions are good. Before people say hey I'm better than you I can play piano etc, ask yourself why the ones who might not be good at you with an instrument are getting placements, platinum plaques, publishing deals etc.

Nasty console shaper bug when bus is set to mono
-Create a bus channel and ad a console shaper , enable it
-Now switch the buss channel to mono , result is a harsh buildup feedback noise
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Thu May 30, 2019 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

rmacattack wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:11 pm
I mean the producers who are do edm/urban music are dominating the charts, and some can't play an instrument. At the end of the day the songs and productions are good. Before people say hey I'm better than you I can play piano etc, ask yourself why the ones who might not be good at you with an instrument are getting placements, platinum plaques, publishing deals etc.
They also hire professional top liners, songwriters and musicians, that's the job of a studio producer. Taking synthetic/digital music to the next level usually relies on the vocals to carry all the emotion.

Back on topic, Studio One is walking a fine line between technical and creative.

All DAW walk a fine line between technical and creative in some capacity.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Another studio one bug

-create or import a sample into sample one .
-Set loop points
-set loop to sustain
-now play the highest pitch on your keyboard , if it doesn't alias yet , increase the pitch of the sample .
When approaching nyquist and beyond , the cpu rises considerably

If you really want to get the cpu through the roof , modulate the pitch with a slow sine lfo
You will notice the cpu increase when the aliasing occurs
Last edited by gentleclockdivider on Thu May 30, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eyeball exchanging

Did you report it to Presonus?

rmacattack wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:11 pmBefore people say hey I'm better than you I can play piano etc, ask yourself why the ones who might not be good at you with an instrument are getting placements, platinum plaques, publishing deals etc.
as though this has nothing at all to do with an increasingly low common denominator as to taste and reception, as though people aren't becoming more and more conformist and having less and less authentic agency as individuals.

Do convince yourself with that narrative, as deluded as it it regarding music itself and in the service of avoidance of musicianship, it's yourself you'll cheat out of a richer experience than the aspiration you appear to have. And don't ask further questions such as how much help do these people need and are able to take advantage of, let alone what the game is one has to play. :shrug:

But really, what is the necessity of placing that in a thread about a software? A bit bizarre.
Last edited by jancivil on Thu May 30, 2019 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:23 pm Did you report it to Presonus?
I am using the demo version , still 20 days left .
And demo users don't have the privilege of posting on the presonus forum , way to go presonus :clap:
All that being sad , studio one is one hell of a DAW

Maybe some else can post it on their forum
Eyeball exchanging

I don't know if that is true, you should at least be able to contact them.

gentleclockdivider wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:41 pm
chk071 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:23 pm Did you report it to Presonus?
I am using the demo version , still 20 days left .
And demo users don't have the privilege of posting on the presonus forum , way to go presonus :clap:
All that being sad , studio one is one hell of a DAW

Maybe some else can post it on their forum
I didn't mean on the forum, you can report bugs here: https://my.presonus.com/support

I'm not sure now though whether or not you need to own a Presonus software product to be able to report bugs.

EnochLight wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:34 pm All DAW walk a fine line between technical and creative in some capacity.
I would say Protools and Reaper are more on the technical side of things, and Bitwig is more on the creative side of things. Studio One is walking between the two, like a fine tuned high wire act. It's probably best suited for all genres and has the ability to be a triple threat, live, recording and editing. It's also well suited for mastering and post production, which makes it an all around great environment to work in. Keep those updates coming, it's only getting better with age.

Ticket send :tu:
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 1:50 am Ticket send :tu:
I salute you! :tu:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

tonedef71 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:17 pm
oneway wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:48 am Glad you guys liked my feature request. Here’s another one in the same vein- currently it takes two tracks to setup things like cthulu and there are problems with using Low Latency Monitoring at the same time. Very clunky.

https://answers.presonus.com/40747/simp ... out-delays
Regarding the routing of plug-ins within a DAW, I just came to know about the product, Pluchain, from MidiMood:

https://www.midimood.com/product/pluchain/

MidiMood wrote:Pluchain simply takes midi and synth plug-ins and creates a combined plug-in out of them.

· Transparent as possible
· Automation is fully supported
· Tested on major DAWs
Thanks! I just tested it a bunch and purchased it. I'm sure I'll use it a lot over the next two years or however long it takes them to implement anything like this (being realistic).

tonedef71 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:17 pm Regarding the routing of plug-ins within a DAW, I just came to know about the product, Pluchain, from MidiMood:
Tried it with Captain Chords and Hive synth and just crashed. Ran in to a different plugin called Blue Cat's Patchwork which kind of works. It's like an Ableton Live instrument rack on steroids, and can pass midi from one track to another. I've had mixed results with it so far, eats CPU like crazy though.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”