Studio One Pro 4.5

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Studio One Professional

I just upvoted this. Seems like a good idea.

AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:43 pm Yeah MIDI routing is a bit of a mess in Studio One currently.

First, you'd set up your bass track with your bass instrument and the VolumeShaper as an insert. Then insert an empty Instrument Track and copy the MIDI notes from the kick into a MIDI clip on there. Then in the dropdown of that MIDI track, you should see VolumeShaper show up as an "Instrument" (even though it's an effect).

Here's an example (with Kickstart, since I don't have VolumeShaper):

You could also upvote this: https://answers.presonus.com/25522/midi ... ts-inserts
OK, wow this makes sense. You the real MVP. I up-voted that feature request, can't believe it's missing.

rageix wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:24 pm
AdvancedFollower wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 8:43 pm Yeah MIDI routing is a bit of a mess in Studio One currently.

First, you'd set up your bass track with your bass instrument and the VolumeShaper as an insert. Then insert an empty Instrument Track and copy the MIDI notes from the kick into a MIDI clip on there. Then in the dropdown of that MIDI track, you should see VolumeShaper show up as an "Instrument" (even though it's an effect).

You could also upvote this: https://answers.presonus.com/25522/midi ... ts-inserts
OK, wow this makes sense. You the real MVP. I up-voted that feature request, can't believe it's missing.
To be fair I learned this from some tutorial, I just don't remember where I found it :)
The issue with this method is that it can get cluttered since you need a duplicate of the track for each MIDI effect you want to send the MIDI notes to.

It seems a lot of "traditional" DAWs like Cakewalk, Studio One and probably others function like this. I guess MIDI-triggered effects are more part of the workflow in a DAW like Ableton or FL.

I just voted for that too.

Can anyone confirm the following bug

Add ( built in ) console shaper , make some adjustments
Close plugin window
Re-open : settings are back to default
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Edit : it seems that clicking the downward arrow is just instantiating a new device ...
So no bug after all

To re-open just double click console shaper

It does seem confusing
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Also mentioned in the other Studio One thread, but since this bug is specific to 4.5 thought it was worth posting here, and this seems like the current dominant Studio One thread.

Studio One 4.5 has major issues with automation, and others have confirmed his findings: https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=35090

Apparently AdmiralBumbleBee is also going to release at least one more article detailing more issues with 4.5.

PreSonus wrote:Studio One Version 4.5.1 Release Notes (May 29, 2019):
The following issues have been fixed:
● Faulty assignment of ATOM pads
Volume automation is laggy
● Crash on undoing instantiation of instruments
● Audio events disappear on bounce when writing tempo information option is disabled
● Crash on hitting Alt+Arrow up/down in empty song
● Limiter metering mode switch is broken
● Pop-up menu for "Add Insert" command has wrong properties
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

I knew it would be fast.

:tu:

ictools comments on musicianship today made me think.

I'm an old school trained musician, and written so many songs, read dots, arranged orchestrations and traditionally similar stuff.

I was proud for a long while about using other people's files. Too long.

Now I think the music landscape has changed forever.

My old pride is sort of throwback.

I still make music almost every day.

Everything I touch, see, hear, imagine or feel can be an instrument if I let it.

No pride left. Just the music.

(hope this makes sense)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

tonedef71 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:33 pm
PreSonus wrote:Studio One Version 4.5.1 Release Notes (May 29, 2019):
The following issues have been fixed:
● Faulty assignment of ATOM pads
Volume automation is laggy
● Crash on undoing instantiation of instruments
● Audio events disappear on bounce when writing tempo information option is disabled
● Crash on hitting Alt+Arrow up/down in empty song
● Limiter metering mode switch is broken
● Pop-up menu for "Add Insert" command has wrong properties
So far, looks to me like an improvement. No crashes so far, Atom working correctly now. Let's hope it solved the stability issues.

kevvvvv wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:17 pm ictools comments on musicianship today made me think.

I'm an old school trained musician, and written so many songs, read dots, arranged orchestrations and traditionally similar stuff.

I was proud for a long while about using other people's files. Too long.

Now I think the music landscape has changed forever.

My old pride is sort of throwback.

I still make music almost every day.

Everything I touch, see, hear, imagine or feel can be an instrument if I let it.

No pride left. Just the music.

(hope this makes sense)
Composing music without playing an instrument is like painting without a paintbrush. You can simulate it, but it will never feel the same. This doesn't mean there isn't some pretty convincing craftsmanship being done, but performances they are not.

As for the update, it's good to see them releasing fixes quickly, but that's to be expected in this fast pace industry.

Glad you guys liked my feature request. Here’s another one in the same vein- currently it takes two tracks to setup things like cthulu and there are problems with using Low Latency Monitoring at the same time. Very clunky.

https://answers.presonus.com/40747/simp ... out-delays

I'm using nektar impact knobs which are normal knobs (not endless). Is there a way to make them picking up the value instead of jumping?

In other DAWs like Bitwig and Live there is an option in the settings to do that but I couldn't find it in S1. Anyone knows?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”