Bitwig 3 Beta

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reefius wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:35 pm Just informing potential customers with facts, not my problem the fanboys can't handle any criticism about their favorite DAW.
We are adults. We don't need your white knighting. It's pedantic and insulting.

martinjuenke wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 7:23 am
pdxindy wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:56 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:53 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:07 pm
martinjuenke wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 9:05 pm Still buggy on Mac?
What bugs are you referring to?
No AU support, not stable...
I haven't had a crash on my Mac in many months... cannot remember the last time.

No AU support is not a bug.
We agree to disagree...
I got a chuckle from this. Lacking a certain feature does not equate to a bug.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Can you imagine if Steinberg announced a major headline feature for a new version of Cubase, but that feature only shows up after six years? People would be livid!

They first announced Bitwig back in January 2012. They had listed on their site features which are still not yet implemented. The modular system is only now being beta tested after 6 years and several paid updates. Some people sold their Bitwig licences a long time ago.
Features coming after the 1.0 release
Bitwig Studio's base technologies already support the following features, which will be released in a later version.

LAN multi-user jamming: Multiple users can jam on the same document, and everything can be captured in the document's arrangement.

Multi-user music production over the Internet: Multiple users can compose music on the same document from different locations. Bitwig Studio keeps everything in sync.

Native modular system: Create your own instruments and effects or modify existing ones. Design their appearance and share them with the world.
Features in v1.0:
Multitrack recording: Record and produce your music in a super-fast, intuitive workflow. Bitwig Studio's arranger is a perfect mix of editing power, ease of use and flexibility.
Arranger clip launcher: A non-linear environment that lets you trigger clips in real-time. Perfect for sketching your songs more spontaneously.
Mixer clip launcher: An alternative view of the clip launcher aligned with the mixer, optimized for live performance and DJing.
Generic tracks: Tracks accept any kind of material. Audio and notes can live on the same track. You can bounce note clips to audio in place.
Clip automation: In addition to traditional track automation, automation can also be recorded and packaged inside clips, both on the clip launcher and the arranger.
Per-note automation: Pitch variations can be applied to individual notes directly in the piano roll. You can also edit a note's panning, timbre and volume curves.
Simultaneous multitrack editing: Edit contents of multiple tracks together. You can see them all juxtaposed and isolate only the ones you want to edit.
Multiple audio events per clip: An audio clip can contain multiple audio events. You can chop and edit audio files inside a clip non-destructively and loop it all as a package.
Real-time time stretching: Bitwig Studio's proprietary technology lets you match any audio material to the document tempo and get everything in sync.
World-class sound devices: Let's put it this way: You're gonna love these instruments and effects. Get great sounds in a matter of seconds.
Device nesting: Devices can contain other devices, and the whole package can be saved as a preset. Many of our instruments and effects use nesting in new and powerful ways.
32/64 bit VST support: Use your beloved VST plug-ins. In case of a plug-in crash, a protective mechanism prevents the application from crashing and you from losing your work.
Metadata-based browser: Find your musical material quickly. Add tags and search by content type.
Open multiple documents: Exchange musical material between documents. Drag and drop, copy and paste back and forth.
Multi-monitor support: Bitwig Studio offers flexible screensets to take full advantage of your monitor configuration.
Slick user interface: Bitwig Studio's user interface has been meticulously crafted to make your music creation experience fun and intuitive.

https://www.kvraudio.com/news/bitwig-an ... udio-18040
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 2:28 am Can you imagine if Steinberg announced a major headline feature for a new version of Cubase, but that feature only shows up after six years? People would be livid!

They first announced Bitwig back in January 2012. They had listed on their site features which are still not yet implemented. The modular system is only now being beta tested after 6 years and several paid updates. Some people sold their Bitwig licences a long time ago.
Features coming after the 1.0 release
Bitwig Studio's base technologies already support the following features, which will be released in a later version.
That's called forward thinking, planning ahead, etc. They didn't say "you'll have it next year". Compare this approach with Live, Reason, etc., where they've had to rewrite their product several times thus far (Reason), introduce third party software to fill the gaps (Live), or are just about now scratching their heads as how to implement certain things (e.g. Native Instruments with resizing).

Also, as a start-up, back then they applied for funding from the EU and received it. Applications have to be detailed, show what's unique about the product, its innovations, scientific advancements, etc. - which they did, and that's why we're here today, because no money = no program.

Then a small team of just a few people has to implement all this. That's the fun part, but it takes time...

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:02 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:45 pm I have it downloaded and running, its even better than I imagined - so intuitive, unlike Reaktor and Max there is almost no learninmg curve, like BWS as a DAW, its initiative and designed to be fast and fluid...you can literaly change/design instruments whilst the DAW is playing (clips, loops, linear) and the sound just keeps playing.

Genius.
Assuming you're familiar with modular synthesis , there is NO learning curve for reaktor Blocks either .
Yeah, I never got the “Reaktor is too confusing,” complaints. Once you get into edit mode and open it up, it’s pretty basic stuff. Maybe having a two window interface might help it be more clear to some people. Not sure.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Reefius wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 8:10 pm
antic604 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:04 pm Ha! Polarity just posted a video for you.
Perhaps you'll understand it from this way.
Why would I care about some random Youtuber's (with a mere 2k subscribers) opinion?
:lol:

Eat shit, millions of flies can't be wrong! :dog:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

anyway, using voice stacking(spread) for multiplying fx chains is really cool ( ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeHZOLoQHAY
finally, I've figured out some really useful :D , I'm in the garden this is why looks Bitwig like this I've maxed out its contrast (also a new feature so BWS is sun compatible from now) to able to see something

Reason or Bitwig, Reason or Bitwig this is the big question :?:
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

zerocrossing wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 5:50 am
gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:02 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 5:45 pm I have it downloaded and running, its even better than I imagined - so intuitive, unlike Reaktor and Max there is almost no learninmg curve, like BWS as a DAW, its initiative and designed to be fast and fluid...you can literaly change/design instruments whilst the DAW is playing (clips, loops, linear) and the sound just keeps playing.

Genius.
Assuming you're familiar with modular synthesis , there is NO learning curve for reaktor Blocks either .
Maybe having a two window interface might help it be more clear to some people. Not sure.
There is , it's called split view
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

xbitz wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:44 am anyway, using voice stacking(spread) for multiplying fx chains is really cool ( ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeHZOLoQHAY
finally, I've figured out some really useful :D , I'm in the garden this is why looks Bitwig like this I've maxed out its contrast (also a new feature so BWS is sun compatible from now) to able to see something

Reason or Bitwig, Reason or Bitwig this is the big question :?:
Many thanks for your knowledge and effort creating these videos. Looking forward to watching others you've created.

Hopefully this discussion will get back on track now.

L

xbitz wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 8:44 am anyway, using voice stacking(spread) for multiplying fx chains is really cool
nice find... I'll be using that one! :tu:

with audio rate modulated DC Offsets audio can be extracted from any point of the Grid (ofc. it can be feedback to Grid )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3TBz5TeZpA
although IMO it can be used only monophonic way but rhythmically triggered multi-fx chains can be created with easily in FX Grid

Nice- looks like I may be selling my BYOME plugin!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Haha. Was thinking the same.

meantime created a MIDI note triggered multi-fx-chain device
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTixlHL_iLo
project file is here: viewtopic.php?p=7397700#p7397700
Bitwig getting more and more similar to Reason/AL, if u need something then build it :D thx Grid (not a Max but something)

Very very nice xbitz. Thank you again for these. Looking forward to more.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”