Huge sale on Cubase 10 - 50% off for new purchases or crossgrades

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it possible to buy an upgrade now and then activate much later, e.g. when cubase 11 or even 12 arrives? Or can it only be done for the next version (10.5)?

Thx

v1o wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:04 am Apparently 10.5 is due out in November. Who else is planning on holding out on activating their licence until then?
I’m planning on holding out on purchasing the whole license, if Steinberg keeps holding on delivering the codes to vendors.

v1o wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:04 am Apparently 10.5 is due out in November. Who else is planning on holding out on activating their licence until then?
How do you do that? Can you register the serial# at Steinberg but wait to activate it? Is two steps like that or does it get activated as soon as you register the serial (getting a serial from 3rd party vendor)

RikkShow wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:43 am How do you do that? Can you register the serial# at Steinberg but wait to activate it? Is two steps like that or does it get activated as soon as you register the serial (getting a serial from 3rd party vendor)
You keep the Activation Code and do not enter it in eLicenser Control Center until the announced grace period for the next version of Cubase has started. When the next version of Cubase has released, run the Maintenance option in eLicenser Control Center and the licence should update for that next version.

If you want to be super safe, wait until the next version of Cubase has released, then enter it in eLicenser Control Center.

The problem with this is that you have no idea if the Activation Code you have is valid until you try to use it. I think you can enter an Activation Code in eLicenser Control Center, let the product details display and then press Cancel, but there is a danger that this will either register the code with Steinberg or, worse still, invalidate it.

Another danger is that an unused Activation Code can be used by anyone that gets their hands on it. A licence is safer if it has been applied to an eLicenser which is registered against your My Steinberg account (and that My Steinberg account is secure - i.e. you have control over the e-mail address used for your My Steinberg account and you have set a secure My Steinberg password).

I chose to activate the full licence of Cubase Pro 10 that I bought in the sale immediately - I wanted to use the software now, though I realise this means I will have to pay for an upgrade if I want to use the next version. I can understand why those buying a version upgrade from 9.5 might choose to wait; those who are still happy with 9.5 around six months after 10 released can buy a version upgrade cheap in the sale now and use it for the next version of Cubase in around 6 months' time.

I only have one question... does Groove Agent SE have the ability of MIDI output for it's patterns to other instruments?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

David W wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:00 am
RikkShow wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:43 am How do you do that? Can you register the serial# at Steinberg but wait to activate it? Is two steps like that or does it get activated as soon as you register the serial (getting a serial from 3rd party vendor)
You keep the Activation Code and do not enter it in eLicenser Control Center until the announced grace period for the next version of Cubase has started. When the next version of Cubase has released, run the Maintenance option in eLicenser Control Center and the licence should update for that next version.

If you want to be super safe, wait until the next version of Cubase has released, then enter it in eLicenser Control Center.

The problem with this is that you have no idea if the Activation Code you have is valid until you try to use it. I think you can enter an Activation Code in eLicenser Control Center, let the product details display and then press Cancel, but there is a danger that this will either register the code with Steinberg or, worse still, invalidate it.

Another danger is that an unused Activation Code can be used by anyone that gets their hands on it. A licence is safer if it has been applied to an eLicenser which is registered against your My Steinberg account (and that My Steinberg account is secure - i.e. you have control over the e-mail address used for your My Steinberg account and you have set a secure My Steinberg password).

I chose to activate the full licence of Cubase Pro 10 that I bought in the sale immediately - I wanted to use the software now, though I realise this means I will have to pay for an upgrade if I want to use the next version. I can understand why those buying a version upgrade from 9.5 might choose to wait; those who are still happy with 9.5 around six months after 10 released can buy a version upgrade cheap in the sale now and use it for the next version of Cubase in around 6 months' time.
Thanks David! This is what I did: I got Cubase 10 Pro competitive upgrade from Plugin Alley (have Reason 10), they sent me a "serial", no requirement to prove cross grade eligibility (that got me worried and confused). Was planning to use Pro 10 later this year, need to learn Maschine Studio and I have Cubase 10 LE and Reason 10, so no shortage of tools. And I can work with LE 10 to start learning some basics of Cubase for now. Turns out that the code I got is officially called "Download Access Code" (not "serial" like Plugin Alley called it). I tried it first in the eLicenser, but did not work. Went to my Cubase account and entered it - bam it took it said it got registered. :o Thought first that I screwed up. But it turns out that I only generated my "Activation Code" by registering the "Download Access Code". So now I have Pro 10 listed under the tab "Software", but only the LE 10 is listed under the tab "eLicenses". Finally I put in the Activation Code in the eLicenser Windows app, and it said Pro 10. I clicked "cancel". I think it is all good now, but I was kinda dripping of sweat, thinking I got screwed, and the thought maybe I screwed myself, but seems all is just they way it should be. :tu: Thanks again for nudging me in the right direction.

Saukar30 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:34 am I only have one question... does Groove Agent SE have the ability of MIDI output for it's patterns to other instruments?
Yes. The factory content has MIDI files, they're just .mid, on disk; save is the same, just take note of where you're saving.
So you can import that and assign to whatever.

jancivil wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:41 pm
Saukar30 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 7:34 am I only have one question... does Groove Agent SE have the ability of MIDI output for it's patterns to other instruments?
Yes. The factory content has MIDI files, they're just .mid, on disk; save is the same, just take note of where you're saving.
Thanks Jan. Im not sure if we're talking about the same thing though. I was more talling about MIDI output to the host.

Basically, I would like to make my own pattern in Groove Agent and then send the MIDI out to other VSTs that I have.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

30% now off all variations of Dorico including cross grades etc! A bit bummed as I just got the Elements version a week ago.
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

David W wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:00 am

Hi,

When you buy a full version of Steinberg software you should get the Download Access Code !
To make sure no one will use it before you - Enter it (register) in your account you have with Steinberg - By doing so you will generate Activation Code ! NOW your license is linked to your account -
no one is will be the owner but YOU!. You should keep a proof of purchase just in case.It is next to impossible to enter anyone's valid/available - Activation Code.
Upgrade licenses are issued as Activation Codes - proof of purchase is recommended to keep - still
anyone getting Activation Code right is almost impossible..0240 and 28 numbers right.....good luck..

and YES You will get the most recent ver. of Cubase the moment you activate it.

but...you never know..this is a crazy offer now.. 50%...Steinberg may introduce a grace period of lets say only 1 version up ...to what you have purchased...so if you get 10...it'll only give you 11...
but that's just my idea. :idea:
...........so far any ver from..6 will be replaced with 10..lol..

It's really good pricing when it comes to upgrades..but...
the recent upgrade to groove agent 5 (read forum) stirred a lively discussion ..
so maybe now Steinberg is rethinking a new strategy regarding pricing..
I guess a sale on upgrade to GA5 is round the corner..but it is a great software if anyone wants
to spend more time learning it in depth.
cheers. :arrow:
MPG X670E CARBON Ryzen 9 7900, 64Gb 6K DDR5 4x2tb Nvmes

Thanks for all the answers regarding the USP's of Cubase. I have been curious about Cubase since v9, especially because of its MIDI tools, where I think Studio have been lacking the most. But for every release Studio One has grown stronger, so if it wasn't for the really "tasty" crossgrade deal, I would have looked the other way. I'm a sucker for great deals, unfortunately.

On a business trip atm, but if the offer is still valid when I get home I will have one last look at Cubase, after I have installed the 4.5 update of Studio One.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Saukar30 wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:51 pm
jancivil wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 4:41 pm
Thanks Jan. Im not sure if we're talking about the same thing though. I was more talling about MIDI output to the host.

Basically, I would like to make my own pattern in Groove Agent and then send the MIDI out to other VSTs that I have.
I don't see anything at all resembling MIDI coming out of GA, no. Looks like you'll have to save a file and import it.

AcrossTheSky wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 6:15 pm When you buy a full version of Steinberg software you should get the Download Access Code !
To make sure no one will use it before you - Enter it (register) in your account you have with Steinberg - By doing so you will generate Activation Code ! NOW your license is linked to your account -
no one is will be the owner but YOU!.
Or anyone who can log into your account. You own nothing but an internet account until you activate it.
Believe me, as I had my account stolen, and Steinberg would not intervene on my behalf, even with a receipt of the purchase. If you're confident no one can log in, ok, but until you activate it on the dongle, this not anything more than an account with a potential to activate Cubase.

I don't play cat and mouse games. If I buy something, it's because I want to use it, so I activate it right away.
Too many things to go wrong otherwise.

Besides, doesn't the first version of Cubase usually have a lot of bugs that need squashing? Be ashame to wait all that time and have that happen.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”