Basic question about using Samples in Fl12

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After upgrading to Fl12 I seem unable to use any samples even the built in ones,I'll drag and drop a kick onto the channel rack and the DW player opens but there's no sound from the sample

I don't have many samples because I've never got into it really but mine are WAV samples downloaded from the internet

Must be doing something wrong
I have a windows 10 pc and FL12 Producer edition

DW player is really odd, default for wav's is a sampler channel. (Acts like DW preset, not sample)
If you open default project and drop wav on (i.e.) kick, then click that channel to open, should see waveform and click to hear the dropped sample...

Yes when I open the sample it plays but doesn't play on the channel rack or in a Midi file,I thought I'd try that but although the volume meters are moving up and down and the track on ch1 is lighting up there still is no sound,DW player doesn't seem to work as good as in FL11,is there an alternative?
Thanks

Sorry, my comment wasn't clear. Meant this:
2019-04-18_1545.png
If your 'sample' is opening in DW Player, then it seems a DW preset(.dwp), not a wav file.
I own the full version of DW, so won't comment on the player version methods.

If you have meter deflection, likely there's a mute or zero volume somewhere...

Can't remember FLS 11, used 12 until ~6 months ago, now on 20.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Thanks and yes i think ive got confused too,yes if i drop a DW preset on a channel it opens the DW player,the sound plays via the DW keyboard but theres no sound from the actual track ive dropped it onto,that worked in fl11,i used to put wav files into DW player and it worked

Yes if i drop a wav file on a channel, that works now it didnt before so i have no idea it seems to have rectified itself,ill forget about using the DW player i cannot get a sound of it

If i download a MIDI file like i tried earlier on,i noticed if i dropped in a Yamaha guitar WAV that didnt work i was just testing several options

I like FL12 but quite a few instruments from FL 11 dont work anymore,3Oscar,Wasp etc and now DW player,i read through the manual and it does say 64 bit version of FL12 isnt compatible with Osc3 and wasp

Anyway thanks for your assistance things are much clearer now,i think i was so used to FL11 using the DW player i didnt expect it not to work in FL12

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”