Anyone using standalone Max and Reaper?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone using standalone Max and Reaper? How are you doing it? LoopMIDI? Rewire? Finally got around to installing the trail version and figured I'd ask before reading the 400+?!? manual :lol: and looking at some of the tutorials....an insane amount of info for this DAW.
Ableton Live 10 / Push

I don't use MAX, but loopmidi is an indispensable tool and would likely get the job easily done.
Have you tried Vital?

Rewire would be one way to do it, but in Max 8 the midi side doesn't seem to work for me. (or for others: https://cycling74.com/forums/no-driver- ... wire-error)

Yes :) It's time to do other stuff and wait on a fix. I think that's one reason I've been having problems the last few weeks. Unfortunately, I had just started to use Rewire again at that time. :D
Ableton Live 10 / Push

Psuper wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:54 pm I don't use MAX, but loopmidi is an indispensable tool and would likely get the job easily done.
I agree. I was just using loopMIDI last night. I was able to ditch the DAW completely, just Max and a few standalone synths using loopMIDI and recorded the result straight into Audacity. That might be a new way of doing things. It was fun too! :party:
Ableton Live 10 / Push

I was using Max without any DAW for about 20 years (got back into DAWs with Bitwig finally). Its a creative and definitely different mindset as thinking in a fixed time line...
Btw. I use Dante Via for routing audio between different apps and computers. Its a more universal way of doing it...

zklaus wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:30 pm
Psuper wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:54 pm I don't use MAX, but loopmidi is an indispensable tool and would likely get the job easily done.
I agree. I was just using loopMIDI last night. I was able to ditch the DAW completely, just Max and a few standalone synths using loopMIDI and recorded the result straight into Audacity. That might be a new way of doing things. It was fun too! :party:
Pianoteq being my primary tool over the last 5 years and loopmidi forever, its makes running any standalones seamless wherever needed -- especially beneficial having it run in true 96k in Reason before (and even after) VST implementation, which was impossible for anyone without it or something similar.

Ya its great, simple, and effective.
Have you tried Vital?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”